Not open for further replies.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

I know I'm 10 days early, but what the hell?

spchles1

Reaction score
Title: Count the number of Jelly Beans | PANDA
Requester: Eric Colson [AHU1N71PQNLL2] (Contact)
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $0.10
Duration: 1 day
Available: 1
Description: Count the number of Jelly Beans in the jar. The jar is roughly 4.5 inches X 4.5 inches X 4.5 inches.
Requirements:

10 seconds / Short Timer (1 min)

Last edited:

Jamie Taylor

Reaction score
Title: Count the number of Jelly Beans | PANDA
Requester: Eric Colson [AHU1N71PQNLL2] (Contact)
TO: No Reviews
Reward: $0.10
Duration: 1 day
Description: Count the number of Jelly Beans in the jar. The jar is roughly 4.5 inches X 4.5 inches X 4.5 inches.
Requirements:

10 seconds / Short Timer
That sneaky HIT only gives you one minute to finish. I'm glad I looked at the timer. What an odd HIT.

Reactions: spchles1

spchles1

Reaction score
Title: Market Research for Consumer Preferences | PANDA
Requester: Sik Chuen Yu [AJAE9HUJUXXCY] (Contact)
TV: [Hrly: $9.19] [Pay: 2.50] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.50] [Fast: 0.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $0.50
Duration: 1 hour
Description: This is a short survey that takes no more than 5 minutes. We want to understand what consumers feel about different kind of products.
Requirements: Location EqualTo US

4 min

spchles1

Reaction score
Title: What would you do? | PANDA
Requester: Zach Hamzagic [A194GY9JHLLVBI] (Contact)
TV: [Hrly: $43.71] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO:
No Reviews
Reward: $2.00
Duration: 1 hour
Description: This survey should take 10-15 minutes to complete. You will be asked to indicate what you would do in different scenarios.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; completed survey already DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99

5 min

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Personal traits | Accept
Requester: Naama [A1YWSXMPZPZ14K] Contact
TO: [Pay=1.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
Reward: 4.00
Duration: 2:00:00
Description: Questionnaire about personal traits
Qualifications: None
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Jamie Taylor

Reaction score
Title: Personal traits | Accept
Requester: Naama [A1YWSXMPZPZ14K] Contact
TO: [Pay=1.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
Reward: 4.00
Duration: 2:00:00
Description: Questionnaire about personal traits
Qualifications: None
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
Wait. No, it was THIS survey. I spent 30 minutes on it, and there was no HIT completion code. What do I do?

Jamie Taylor

Reaction score
I contacted this requester, naama. I explained the situation. And when I hit "Send message" I received THIS message:

Strange... something is not right
The provided website address is not valid. Below are all HITs available.
__________________________________________________________________________________

So basically, I just wasted 30 minutes of my life for nothing. How can people get away with this, on a site like Amazon? Is there anything I can do about this? I doubt it, but I have to ask.

Last edited:
Reactions: jan and greg

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
That's weird. When that happens I usually put my ID in the secret code box and then contact the requester from the link in my completed HITs in dashboard. That doesn't always work, but it does sometimes. I'll agree with you that it is very frustrating to finish your work and then get your time stolen because someone of soemone else's broken stuff.

I contacted this requester, naama. I explained the situation. And when I hit "Send message" I received THIS message:

Strange... something is not right
The provided website address is not valid. Below are all HITs available.
__________________________________________________________________________________

So basically, I just wasted 30 minutes of my life for nothing. How can people get away with this, on a site like Amazon? Is there anything I can do about this? I doubt it, but I have to ask.

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
We have about 6" very fine powder, and the wind is howling. My bed is right next to a north facing window and I have crazy flying dreams whenever it's windy.

It's supposed to crank up this morning and get very heavy, blizzard conditions are expected. Power hasn't flickered yet.

jan

Reaction score
We have about 6" very fine powder, and the wind is howling. My bed is right next to a north facing window and I have crazy flying dreams whenever it's windy.

It's supposed to crank up this morning and get very heavy, blizzard conditions are expected. Power hasn't flickered yet.
I've been out shoveling three times, so far. I think once more should just about do it.

This is ski country perfect snow :)

Jamie Taylor

Reaction score
That's weird. When that happens I usually put my ID in the secret code box and then contact the requester from the link in my completed HITs in dashboard. That doesn't always work, but it does sometimes. I'll agree with you that it is very frustrating to finish your work and then get your time stolen because someone of someone else's broken stuff.
I tried. Even though my timer stated that I had 20 minutes remaining, when I sent it, I received a message stating that the HIT was no longer in my queue. How is that even possible? Am I angry? Maybe a little.

Reactions: greg

jan

Reaction score
I tried. Even though my timer stated that I had 20 minutes remaining, when I sent it, I received a message stating that the HIT was no longer in my queue. How is that even possible? Am I angry? Maybe a little.

did you accept the hit before the amazon day change?

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
Same here. Makes me wish I skiied. Hahahahaha kidding! I frickin' hate being cold.

Take me to any corrupt third world caribbean country with decent coral reefs and chuck me in the ocean - I'll stay there all winter :)

Reactions: jan

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
Your original post is from over an hour ago, so at this point if it's not in your My HITs Queue (active) or in your Completed HITS queue in the Dashboard, then the HIT has expired and disappeared.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Some great tennis on ESPN2 rn, Federer vs a promising teenager.

Wait. No, it was THIS survey. I spent 30 minutes on it, and there was no HIT completion code. What do I do?
If I don't get a code, I take a screenshot of the survey page browser tab with a tool like Gyazo, and put in the code box the URL for the screenshot along with a short message etc. "I did not receive a code. This link shows the final survey page: URL" Have yet to receive a rejection for doing this when codes don't populate/survey coded wrong.

Other tips related to what you're discussing:

- Shit goes wrong on mturk all the time. If you want to use the platform for any length of time you should probably learn how to adapt to that. Lower your expectations sooner rather than later.
- Write your message in a text editor, then paste it into the requester message page. Get into the habit of taking a quick screenshot of each survey intro page so you have contact info beyond the message page in case something goes wrong. In other words, a little CYA goes a long way when dealing with mturk issues.
- Look on this forum for numbers HITs. The pandas for an ibotta and a 411 Richmond numbers HIT can be found via a forum search. IIRC you are under 1000 HITs? Run these two pandas and complete them as they queue up (ibotta has a 6 minute timer, 411 30 mins.) Perhaps others can rec newer pandas, but prioritize getting to 1k over surveys, then get to 5k ASAP.

Last edited:

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
Taking a screen shot of the completed survey and pasting a link to it is a good idea.

Some great tennis on ESPN2 rn, Federer vs a promising teenager.

If I don't get a code, I take a screenshot of the survey page browser tab with a tool like Gyazo, and put in the code box the URL for the screenshot along with a short message etc. "I did not receive a code. This link shows the final survey page: URL" Have yet to receive a rejection for doing this when codes don't populate/survey coded wrong.

Other tips related to what you're discussing:

- Shit goes wrong on mturk all the time. If you want to use the platform for any length of time you should probably learn how to adapt to that. Lower your expectations sooner rather than later.
- Write your message in a text editor, then paste it into the requester message page. Get into the habit of taking a quick screenshot of each survey intro page so you have contact info beyond the message page in case something goes wrong. In other words, a little CYA goes a long way when dealing with mturk issues.
- Look on this forum for numbers HITs. The pandas for an ibotta and a 411 Richmond numbers HIT can be found via a forum search. IIRC you are under 1000 HITs? Run these two pandas and complete them as they queue up (ibotta has a 6 minute timer, 411 30 mins.) Perhaps others can rec newer pandas, but prioritize getting to 1k over surveys, then get to 5k ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.