01/20 Sunday Bloody Sunday, er, Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
I actually do all of those audio transcription HITs whenever they come up. I like them, maybe because I can type very fast. They are normally recordings of British/Irish or Australian people. I think Appalachian Drunk is by far the hardest language to transcribe so far.

This made me laugh pretty damn hard. Thanks, I needed the laugh. Half the time, it sounds like they've recorded people talking under water. How they expect any human being to do half of those HITs is beyond me. You'd have to possess super hearing to be able to discern what a lot of these people are saying.

spchles1

Reaction score
Title: Consumer Choice Survey(~ 9 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Sven Mikolon [A1BM2FBNU0JCZW] (Contact)
TV: [Hrly: $17.43] [Pay: 4.52] [Fast: 4.33] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 0.00] [Fast: 0.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $8.16] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.68
Duration: 30 days
Available: 23
Description: A survey about consumer decision-making.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) LessThanOrEqualTo 99; TP Panel: 234912493 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US; Exc: [-1035586586-124435] DoesNotExist

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Study on workplace attitudes, organizations, and politics | Accept
Requester: Sail Lab [A2LEDEDCG7UPA] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.68] [Pay=4.52] [Fast=4.67] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.29] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=2.40] [Fair=4.71] [Reviews=35] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.85
Duration: 45:00
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about some topics related to experiences in the workplace and political attitudes
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 99; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Not much to it. $25/hr[/td][/tr]

nmelssx

Reaction score
I feel like i'm still asleep though.
Yesterday I didn't get on when I woke up and missed out..so I was like get on this morning. Of course nothing up. I'll give it a bit lol
I was sleeping all day yesterday. Heard there was a juicy $12 hit that came on though.

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

nmelssx

Reaction score
Title: Study on workplace attitudes, organizations, and politics | Accept
Requester: Sail Lab [A2LEDEDCG7UPA] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.68] [Pay=4.52] [Fast=4.67] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.29] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=2.40] [Fair=4.71] [Reviews=35] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.85
Duration: 45:00
Description: Give us your opinion about some topics related to experiences in the workplace and political attitudes
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 99; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Not much to it. $25/hr[/td][/tr]
Am I reading it correctly or does it say it wants HIT approval rate to be GreaterThan 99?

They don't count percentage rates, so 99.99 is still 99. Which means they want 100 approval rates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Concise

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
I actually do all of those audio transcription HITs whenever they come up. I like them, maybe because I can type very fast. They are normally recordings of British/Irish or Australian people. I think Appalachian Drunk is by far the hardest language to transcribe so far.
Have you signed up at Crowdsurf? They have a lot of short transcription tasks on their platform. It takes a little while to do the onboarding thing. You have to go to Crowdsurf and sign up there. Then they kick you over to Work Market where you also create an account.and then take a test. When you pass they give you access to the Crowdsurf platform where you do the transcription tasks. They pay you thru Work Market. . Generally within an hour or so after you stop completing assignments. I don't have the patience for transcription work for the most part but it's always nice to have options.

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
Am I reading it correctly or does it say it wants HIT approval rate to be GreaterThan 99?

They don't count percentage rates, so 99.99 is still 99. Which means they want 100 approval rates.
I've never noticed one like that before. I guess my 100% is actually worth something.

EDIT I just assumed it meant equal to or greater than.

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
Have you signed up at Crowdsurf? They have a lot of short transcription tasks on their platform. It takes a little while to do the onboarding thing. You have to go to Crowdsurf and sign up there. Then they kick you over to Work Market where you also create an account.and then take a test. When you pass they give you access to the Crowdsurf platform where you do the transcription tasks. They pay you thru Work Market. . Generally within an hour or so after you stop completing assignments. I don't have the patience for transcription work for the most part but it's always nice to have options.

That looks interesting. I will check that out later. Thanks for the info!

As for now, I only made half my PE and there ain't much in the Matrix for me anymore, so I guess it's time to go cook. I always cook on snow days, and Dad had oral surgery this week so we need some good soft-food meal options for the week. Here's the menu:

- Homemade mac & cheese
- "Beef" stew (actually ground beef)
- Creamy New England clam chowder, with fresh local clams
- Beef/italian sausage meatloaf
- Ground chicken, vegetable, & couscous soup
- Home sandwich bread, and dinner bread
- Double chocolate ice cream (custard base, from my own chickens!)

Last edited:

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
I was sleeping all day yesterday. Heard there was a juicy $12 hit that came on though.
Title: Robustness of human vision system | Accept
Requester: Gregory Valiant [AUVNTJ9EYJF51] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$37.23] [Pay=5.00] [Fast=4.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.33] [Fast=3.00] [Comm=2.33] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
Reward: 12.00
Duration: 6:00:00
Description: This is a research study on the robustness of the human vision system. You will first be given a set of “training” images where you will try to associate images to their labels, and then will be asked to label a series of new images.
Qualifications: Location NotIn AT, BE, BG, CY, CZ, DE, DK, EE, ES, FI, FR, GB, GR, HR, HU, IE, IT, LT, LU, LV, MT, NL, PL, PT, RO, SE, SI, SK

I didn't know about it until you said something but I've had HIT FINDER on all night.

The last time it came up was 11:08 PM EST

Reactions: Concise

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
That looks interesting. I will check that out later. Thanks for the info!

As for now, I only made half my PE and there ain't much in the Matrix for me anymore, so I guess it's time to go cook. I always cook on snow days, and Dad had oral surgery this week so we need some good soft-food meal options for the week. Here's the menu:

- Homemade mac & cheese
- "Beef" stew (actually ground beef)
- Creamy New England clam chowder, with fresh local clams
- Beef/italian sausage meatloaf
- Ground chicken, vegetable, & couscous soup
- Home sandwich bread, and dinner bread
- Double chocolate ice cream (custard base, from my own chickens!)
I just drooled on myself.

Reactions: greg

scout

Contributor
Reaction score

nmelssx

Reaction score
I've never noticed one like that before. I guess my 100% is actually worth something.

EDIT I just assumed it meant equal to or greater than.
Only people who haven't done that many HITs have 100% approval rates. Anyone over 1,000 will have a hard time actually maintaining 100%. How many hits have you done? I can see from their quals that you have over 1,000 though.

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
Only people who haven't done that many HITs have 100% approval rates. Anyone over 1,000 will have a hard time actually maintaining 100%. How many hits have you done? I can see from their quals that you have over 1,000 though.
2156 Approved and 58 Pendings

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
Do any of you keep track of who you're supposed to have bonuses coming from? If so what's your method? I don't remember most of these even when I read the email.

You've received a bonus from Paola Mallucci mTurk for work related to 3BS6ERDL95DADX7CMXNHVL0D7Y26D9.
The value of your bonus is: $2.01 USD

The Requester included this note:
One point in our study means one cent, and this is how much you have earned. We are new to MTurk, so we apologize if the bonus payment is a bit late.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Sincerely,
Amazon Mechanical Turk

SmolAliens

Reaction score
Morning, y'all. Been lax with Turking again but I decided I don't feel like working for less than $100 extra tomorrow when I can just soldier on out here for $10/day for the rest of the month plus whatever I can scrounge today/tomorrow. :)

Reactions: cyberwasp and jan

jan

Reaction score
there are a few,
oh....... YAHU YAHU

Last edited:
Reactions: YAHU and Nikoratos

scout

Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like there are no more available.
there were only 5 of them when i saw them on hit finder. maybe one of us MTC people were brave enough to do them and will let us know?

I emailed the requester, so of course I will report here if I hear anything back. :)

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

scout

Contributor
Reaction score
This $4 Thomas Edward Gladwin -

is it broken for everyone else? or do I have a script that's breaking it? I tried to disable everything but it's still not working. :/

ETA:

here is the export

Title: Psychological questionnaires and tasks | Accept
Requester: Thomas Edward Gladwin [A13IGYMR7ZMJ99] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 4.00
Duration: 1:30:00
Description: Help with a scientific study (30 min) about emotion, cognition and mental health.
Qualifications: Masters Exists

Status
Not open for further replies.