01/20 Sunday Bloody Sunday, er, Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

reprise

Contributor
Reaction score
My last job was at Walmart, working in receiving. I busted my ass unloading the shipment from the truck, separating it and putting it in its designated totes until the pallets were full, wheeled the pallets to their designated areas, then had the privilege of stocking said shipment. Usually, we had one person unloading the truck, although we took turns. In the spring and summer, that truck would be sweltering. In the winter, too cold to feel your hands.

We were never given more than 33 hours a week, at $10.00 an hour. Doing the math, that's $330.00 BEFORE taxes, for a job in which we were constantly being told we were working too slow, despite doing the job of three different employees each. A job that you'd go home from, a sweaty, aching mess. So yeah, $600.00 a week for sitting a computer? This is a vacation, by comparison. Not all of us had well paying jobs before this. I only have myself to blame. I have the brains, but I've never had the ambition. Too many of the wrong people have crossed my path, and I was dumb enough to invite them into my life. And when they left, they took a little chunk of my trust and my sanity with them.

I've never cared about money. I just kind of drifted aimlessly through life. Now I have my baby girl to think about. She's my ambition. She's my only reason for getting out of bed. Go work in receiving for a couple of years, then come back here and tell me how small a $600.00 week is. If the intense labor doesn't make you want to quit, then the shitty, disrespectful, ungrateful management will definitely put a nail in that coffin. I stayed, because it's in the town my daughter lives in. Then the house I was renting flooded, life happened, and now I'm here. Hell, $400.00 - $500.00 a week would suit me. I take care of my mom, so I have no expenses. I sell plasma for $350.00 a month, and that takes care of my child support. If I could put back $250.00 a week, within a year, I could either buy a used trailer, or put a nice down payment on a new one. I'd have a place for my daughter to live with me, instead of her mom holding all of the cards. Well, not all of the cards. She's not exactly playing with a full deck.

Yikes. I didn't mean to turk my life story here. I know that no one here has the easy life. Just wanted to put some perspective on why $600.00 weeks are so impressive.

I feel you, man. I've had a traumatic life, too. I work in CS at a grocery store and make $12.50 an hour. I get between 20-40 hours a week depending on season and if my manager likes me. Right now it's busy. But considering I handle $100,000+ a day, do wire transfers, deal with people screaming at me for shit I didn't do, etc. And a company that holds full time status (guaranteed 40 hours + PTO and vacation) over your head for fucking years, even though I didn't even want full time until recently when it became clear my BA that I just earned wasn't going to put me on the fast track to getting a different job, either. So yeah I feel you, I'd be really happy making $600 a week online. Right now I am getting almost that with my day job (after taxes) + turk and other online stuff. Which is really just barely enough for me to get by because I have $300 ish in medical expenses per month. And I'm not paying any of my student loans off yet... lol

Until recently I was on disability (SSDI) for like ten years and turking has allowed me to get off of it but I just barely make it. I'm going to be having surgery within about two months and thank god I'll be able to at least make $200 a week on here. Hopefully more, if I get this job I'm taking the final test for. I mean, I have the job as long as I pass this test. $11/hr but hey, steady work

Last edited:

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
what's the consensus on "surveying organizations' websites"? Seems doable but I have to imagine for the pay it's a lengthy HIT.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
got 'er done! now have to wait for zoltar to reappear to check my work -- his current hit seems to be depleated.

Reactions: aveline

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
one old fart survived. Go Rams in the SB!

EDIT: road teams took both games today.

still the best championship weekend I can remember with both games going to OT.

Last edited:

reprise

Contributor
Reaction score
what's the consensus on "surveying organizations' websites"? Seems doable but I have to imagine for the pay it's a lengthy HIT.
who is the requester? i dont see it

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Assessing Organizations' Websites(≈ 40 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: SurveyComet [A3NC2P2SPK9QQ] (Contact)
TV: [Hrly: $18.58] [Pay: 4.15] [Fast: 4.75] [Comm: 4.54] [Rej: 1] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.16] [Fast: 4.70] [Comm: 4.17] [Fair: 4.78] [Reviews: 531] [ToS: 1]
TO2: [Hrly: $12.139] [Pen: 4.01 days] [Res: ---] [Rec: 50% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Duration:
1 hour 40 minutes
Available: 1
Reward: $4.00
Description:
Assess organizations' websites and evaluate how they portray their workplace culture
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [3808121-123740] DoesNotExist; TP Panel: -1318032489 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, at least we can watch a different team lose to the Patriots this year!

Reactions: Kerek and aveline

Jamie Taylor

Reaction score
I feel you, man. I've had a traumatic life, too. I work in CS at a grocery store and make $12.50 an hour. I get between 20-40 hours a week depending on season and if my manager likes me. Right now it's busy. But considering I handle $100,000+ a day, do wire transfers, deal with people screaming at me for shit I didn't do, etc. And a company that holds full time status (guaranteed 40 hours + PTO and vacation) over your head for fucking years, even though I didn't even want full time until recently when it became clear my BA that I just earned wasn't going to put me on the fast track to getting a different job, either. So yeah I feel you, I'd be really happy making $600 a week online. Right now I am getting almost that with my day job (after taxes) + turk and other online stuff. Which is really just barely enough for me to get by because I have $300 ish in medical expenses per month. And I'm not paying any of my student loans off yet... lol

Until recently I was on disability (SSDI) for like ten years and turking has allowed me to get off of it but I just barely make it. I'm going to be having surgery within about two months and thank god I'll be able to at least make $200 a week on here. Hopefully more, if I get this job I'm taking the final test for. I mean, I have the job as long as I pass this test. $11/hr but hey, steady work
If I had known adulting would be this hard, I would have aborted myself in the womb. Thankfully, I can at least say that I have no student loans. Also, because I'm on the SNAP program (food stamps), the government would actually pay for my education, should I choose to return. So here I am, getting a fresh perspective from your position in life. We're all staggered, at different intervals. But at least we can all see eye to eye. I wish you the very best.

Reactions: jklmnop

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
patriots vs a team that shouldnt be in the SB with Maroon 5 playing halftime

first SB i wont be watching

reprise

Contributor
Reaction score
If I had known adulting would be this hard, I would have aborted myself in the womb. Thankfully, I can at least say that I have no student loans. Also, because I'm on the SNAP program (food stamps), the government would actually pay for my education, should I choose to return. So here I am, getting a fresh perspective from your position in life. We're all staggered, at different intervals. But at least we can all see eye to eye. I wish you the very best.
Oh, I got a full pell grant and enough scholarships to get money back. Unfortunately I still had rent etc to pay, so I needed loans for that. I didn't actually pay any tuition at all. I also worked during it all but with medical bills, rent, and all that. yeah.

at my store we got some info about SNAP benefits being possibly discontinued temporarily because of the govt shutdown. in FL they are being distributed early for Feb and then no guarantee after that. scary shit. i dont personally qualify but probably close to half of our customers do

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.