01/20 Sunday Bloody Sunday, er, Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmelssx

Reaction score
I contacted this requester, naama. I explained the situation. And when I hit "Send message" I received THIS message:

Strange... something is not right
The provided website address is not valid. Below are all HITs available.
__________________________________________________________________________________

So basically, I just wasted 30 minutes of my life for nothing. How can people get away with this, on a site like Amazon? Is there anything I can do about this? I doubt it, but I have to ask.
Uh. You're just suppose to put something like "No Code Provided" if the requester failed to provide any codes.

I've never gotten rejected with putting that before whenever I get a survey with no codes, so.

Reactions: Jamie Taylor

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Taking a screen shot of the completed survey and pasting a link to it is a good idea.
Yeah it only takes a few seconds. If you are running lots of tabs you can just pull the tab out of the row into its own window for a bit more privacy, too.

Also, totally unrelated and random but these totally excellent pans are $20 off right now https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CEKQHA The 8 and 10" of another style are on sale, too. Love these pans.

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Wait. No, it was THIS survey. I spent 30 minutes on it, and there was no HIT completion code. What do I do?
A lot of good advice above.

FYI, I looked up this requester - TO post from Jan 20, 2019 also states they got no code, and they're waiting to hear from requester.

Last edited:

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
fed/tsisi good stuff

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
fed loses. nadal and joker happy now

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
I've spent the last half hour trying to transcribe a a 5 minute audio recording of two drunk hillbillies slurring their words and fighting over laundry. This is so not worth $3. Please kill me.

cassius

Reaction score
I've spent the last half hour trying to transcribe a a 5 minute audio recording of two drunk hillbillies slurring their words and fighting over laundry. This is so not worth $3. Please kill me.
sorry. that's probably a political incorrect termo_O these days. how do you know it's not a high school rendition of deliverance?:thumbdown:

Reactions: jan and greg

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
You made a conscious decision to do so.
I feel like i'm still asleep though.
Yesterday I didn't get on when I woke up and missed out..so I was like get on this morning. Of course nothing up. I'll give it a bit lol

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
I feel like i'm still asleep though.
Yesterday I didn't get on when I woke up and missed out..so I was like get on this morning. Of course nothing up. I'll give it a bit lol
I haven't seen much, but I basically got up right before you. I am also not processing at optimal capacity at this point.

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Reactions: Concise

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I just wasted 30 minutes of my life for nothing. How can people get away with this, on a site like Amazon?
depends on Amazon's financial incentive, IMHO. If they earn money from the requestor just for posting a HIT, there is no incentive to make sure they are working and aren't broken. If Amazon earns money from the requestor each time a worker gets "HIT submitted", Amazon has incentive to make sure the HIT is working so that it gets to the submission point for the company to earn posting fees.

I have this easy-peasy 2 cent, 10 second occasional hit that works about 50 percent of the time (when you click the button of the answer, it goes HIT SUBMITTED 50% of the time and other times it hangs without a HIT SUBMITTED and you wait out the 3 minute timer hoping it takes but it never does and you miss out on the number and the payment.

scout

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: How natural (i.e. human-sounding) is this recording? (2-9 second audio clips, 7 audio clips per HITs) | Accept
Requester: Sungwon Kim [A3WSP4B7LRHE7] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.25
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 5
Description: How natural (i.e. human-sounding) is this recording?
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
idk...I dont' like doing scared money[/td][/tr]
So many broken/missing files. I returned 3 then gave up. I don't want to waste my time and I don't trust these. If anyone does any, please report back.

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
So many broken/missing files. I returned 3 then gave up. I don't want to waste my time and I don't trust these. If anyone does any, please report back.
Looks like there are no more available.

Jamie Taylor

Reaction score
This made me laugh pretty damn hard. Thanks, I needed the laugh. Half the time, it sounds like they've recorded people talking under water. How they expect any human being to do half of those HITs is beyond me. You'd have to possess super hearing to be able to discern what a lot of these people are saying.

Reactions: greg
Status
Not open for further replies.