01/18 - Maniacal Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't work over the weekend so I got a rejection on that bdal group hit. I forget I'm supposed to check my email every evening to do a survey...arghhh
I got a rejection, too.

Feedback
We are sorry to inform you that your submission has been rejected because you did not finish all the questionaire in time.

I checked daily for emails, didn't get any after 01/11

Last edited:

jenu

Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me how this BB code works?
I have tried many times to export a hit, but I fail!

Reactions: JanetW

Skittles

It's Pumpkinninny!
Reaction score
Title: Chat with a fellow on an Engaging Topic | Accept
Requester: Noah Turk [A1ZI6MW5UGBMT9] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.14] [Pay=Good] [Approval=3-7 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=1] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=0.00] [Fast=1.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=1.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.30
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: This is a chat between two people (5~6 turns).
Qualifications: bq-hhchat1206 DoesNotExist ; onbdq_hhchat0115-failed DoesNotExist ; Location In AU, CA, GB, NZ, US

alk69

Reaction score
Is there an alternative to HIT tracker that anyone here uses? I have acquired great disdain for the new verision in MTS.
Without the history of HIT Tracker and that mess created by trying to use dark theme on MTurk(it turns surveys dark and with parts unviewable), there's nothing for me to use of MTS. A pity. I really liked the ability to search requesters for HITs I'd done or just returned. A real time/effort saver. Now back to using the slow old way of looking in my notebook. A big fancy update that down-dates into a mess. It took me nearly a week to straighten out my computer so I could turk at all. NOT PLEASED.

corvid

Contributor
Reaction score
I got a rejection, too.

Feedback
We are sorry to inform you that your submission has been rejected because you did not finish all the questionaire in time.

Same here.

• Sad
Reactions: Blakkat and jan

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
Without the history of HIT Tracker and that mess created by trying to use dark theme on MTurk(it turns surveys dark and with parts unviewable), there's nothing for me to use of MTS. A pity. I really liked the ability to search requesters for HITs I'd done or just returned. A real time/effort saver. Now back to using the slow old way of looking in my notebook. A big fancy update that down-dates into a mess. It took me nearly a week to straighten out my computer so I could turk at all. NOT PLEASED.
Yeah, that's all I really used tracker for before was to check to see if and when I had done a HIT previously. I used to be able to just search for a requester in the history and see if I had done anything from them before. It doesn't seem to want to do that now. I also kind of liked the overview that you would get after doing a sync that is now missing, although that being gone is not a deal-breaker, the inability to search requesters easily is. I am not sure why there needed to be any changes made to it at all.

jenu

Reaction score

alk69

Reaction score
I got a rejection, too.

Feedback

This is why I now avoid HITs that reject you (whether initially or later) if you can't finish a longitudinal project. A final bonus for completion of everything is fairer. And the worker is not dinged for something not their fault.....even the best computer whizz can't control the weather.

Skittles

It's Pumpkinninny!
Reaction score
Title: Short Survey (for desktop or laptop computers only)(~ 8 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: John Conlon [A36KRKJ8D3UNLX] (Req TV): $16.62/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
survey
Time: 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 3
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Exc: [1144942653-269666] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US;

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
This is why I now avoid HITs that reject you (whether initially or later) if you can't finish a longitudinal project. A final bonus for completion of everything is fairer. And the worker is not dinged for something not their fault.....even the best computer whizz can't control the weather.
Agreed.

There was one here going around last week that was like 35.00 that would only be paid out if you did all of the required follow-up tasks (interacting with a mock social media site) for 14 days and took a post-survey. I nope'd out of that one pretty fast. They had a different version where the main HIT was three dollars and they bonused you the 33 dollars for the follow ups if you completed them. The kicker is, that the implementation of the site has been a cluster-mess since they tried to launch it, so I am glad I did not accept the 35.00 one that is dependent on completing the follow-up tasks.

Skittles

It's Pumpkinninny!
Reaction score
Title: Typing sentences and describing pictures | PANDA
Requester: Michael Long [A2UZ5MN7BCZK8Q] (Req TV): $-/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Psychology Study: Listen to sentences and type them in text boxes. Describe pictures in one sentence using verbs given in picture. Answer brief demographic questions. Language requirement: native English speakers only. Takes about 10 minutes to complete.
Time: 20 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US;

Reactions: Blakkat

katarina

Needs more coffee
Contributor
Reaction score
Now that I look, I hadn't gotten an e-mail since the 11th as well. So it wasn't jut me being lazy on the weekend, it had been a week and my memory is just bad lol. Well at least since it's an issue with most of us, they will fix it. (Hopefully)

Reactions: corvid and Blakkat

charlie

Reaction score
MLK Day. Most businesses and schools in the US that have been in session are off today. I'm hoping that doesn't impact today.

Reactions: sunshinedogs

alk69

Reaction score
Agreed.

There was one here going around last week that was like 35.00 that would only be paid out if you did all of the required follow-up tasks (interacting with a mock social media site) for 14 days and took a post-survey. I nope'd out of that one pretty fast. They had a different version where the main HIT was three dollars and they bonused you the 33 dollars for the follow ups if you completed them. The kicker is, that the implementation of the site has been a cluster-mess since they tried to launch it, so I am glad I did not accept the 35.00 one that is dependent on completing the follow-up tasks.
I did the exact thing too. I could just see a mess in trying to use some social media site they cobbled together for 14 days. And they were not really very clear on how much they actually required for approval. I actually started it, but the more I thought about it, the less I liked it......the real stopper was that I did a similar survey some years ago on a different site--that paid me 175 dollars for basically less. With no rejection for not doing it all(the payouts were prorated for doing less, I was surprised to get the full amount, too).
The real contention is that you don't slap me back because I don't finish your research, either by my refusal or by circumstances. I'm actually not a slave to work on order. I work at your stuff by my own choice. Or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.