• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GRR

Reaction score

cassius

Reaction score
I'm not into that whole PJ's in public (I'm old) - so we escaped that. But then in HS, they have those 'lock in' night parties. So, she's done that twice. Last year, one of the girls asked for her sleeping blanket because she was tired.
My sweet daughter gave it to her. Which meant she had nothing, so she sat in a chair and shivered all night - awake.
And came home....none too sweet.......
moral of the story is send two blankets next time.:sneaky:

Reactions: Sondi

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not into that whole PJ's in public (I'm old) - so we escaped that. But then in HS, they have those 'lock in' night parties. So, she's done that twice. Last year, one of the girls asked for her sleeping blanket because she was tired.
My sweet daughter gave it to her. Which meant she had nothing, so she sat in a chair and shivered all night - awake.
yea, fuck that noise. gimme back my god damn sleeping blanket

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
I've caved on pj day - half the time i buy new pjs for it because then I feel like it's more like a costume then actual pajamas she wears? I know it's not logical it's just one of the ways we've done it. Most of the time she just wears leggings and a shirt because that's what she would really wear to bed is old clothes so we can sort of get around it that way. Jan - It's kind of funny how she was being sweet to her friend right but then not at home. Kids!

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I just had a flashback to when I was in kindergarten(for the 2 months I was there before they bumped me up to grade 1) and we had pj day. Even though I was a kid, I thought it was weird and didn't want to but, mom made me. She used to show up about an hour early to pick me up, so she wasn't late. This was the early 80's. Anyway, my elementary school decided to have a fire drill. It was this time of year. There was snow and gross, dirty slush on the ground. Fire drill goes off, you aren't allowed to sit down and put on your boots, or grab a coat. 40 kids standing in the icy slush in footy pajamas was not the best plan in the world. I got sick for like a week. Ended up with Bronchitis then pneumonia. Eff that noise. Never again did I participate in that crap. I stayed home any time they did it again.

jan

Reaction score
yea, fuck that noise. gimme back my god damn sleeping blanket
She would never! She's really quiet and (really) sweet (in public, not so at home). In some ways, it would be better.......if she did! But that's not her nature.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I just had a flashback to when I was in kindergarten(for the 2 months I was there before they bumped me up to grade 1) and we had pj day. Even though I was a kid, I thought it was weird and didn't want to but, mom made me. She used to show up about an hour early to pick me up, so she wasn't late. This was the early 80's. Anyway, my elementary school decided to have a fire drill. It was this time of year. There was snow and gross, dirty slush on the ground. Fire drill goes off, you aren't allowed to sit down and put on your boots, or grab a coat. 40 kids standing in the icy slush in footy pajamas was not the best plan in the world. I got sick for like a week. Ended up with Bronchitis then pneumonia. Eff that noise. Never again did I participate in that crap. I stayed home any time they did it again.
who in the world thought a fire drill on pj day was a good idea?!

Also bonus story time: kiddo went with my boyfriend to a dr appointment yesterday. A very large man walked into the waiting room and kiddo yelled as loud as humanly possible, "look [boyfriend], it's a giant!" :hilarious:

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Mine is still only in half day preschool so I don't get inconvenienced by that yet... There are a lot of irregularities in the schedule though.. random days off, kids sick, etc. It feels like it's never 'normal', but I guess that means not-normal is normal :rain:
Yes! Preschool actually was the most consistent schedule with the least amount of themes and celebrations for sure. Ours followed the local district schedule as close as they could which was helpful because when the neighbor kids were out we weren't like driving to school,etc. But it sounds like Sondi you're getting a good warm-up for the not-normal normal for sure. Maybe if your kids are also musical then they will enjoy the dissonance in time? Their artistic personalities will embrace the change ups? There's always a positive in there somewhere.

Reactions: jan and Sondi

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a Short Survey About a Privacy Notice for Academic Research | Accept
Requester: Alexys Carlton [A48AG7B0ME5BC] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Give answers to a survey for academic research trying to understand how consumers view the relationship between privacy notice formats and their decisions to disclose personal information online.
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
This fire drill story reminds me of the time in college when I was in the shower and my friend (who never lived in dorm) was watching Dog the Bounty hunter on my laptop. Someone burnt something so the fire alarm went off. I didn't hear it because I was in the shower. My suitemates (not nice person) just left without telling my dumb friend hey it's a fire alarm. My friend knocks on the door and is all "amanda..what's that noise"

It was a cold day too and I threw on clothes and ran out. We ended up going to Sonic and not standing around in the cold lol

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
who in the world thought a fire drill on pj day was a good idea?!

Also bonus story time: kiddo went with my boyfriend to a dr appointment yesterday. A very large man walked into the waiting room and kiddo yelled as loud as humanly possible, "look [boyfriend], it's a giant!" :hilarious:
You're kid's adorable. Relatively, he wasn't wrong. I don't think the pj day in the 2 kindergarten classes was coordinated with the entire school. Then, even if it was, I think the fire drill was a "surprise" planned by the principle. He had a hard on for fire drill times. The school was a new concept building, without traditional "classrooms". It was basically an open floor plan, around the library in the center, which was also without walls. The second floor was just a wrap around balcony that you could spit from in to the library. Not that you would but, just to give you an idea of the layout. It was all open. Anyway, since it was a new concept, they had to prove that kids could get out of it in a reasonable amount of time.

Last edited:

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You're kid's adorable. Relatively, he wasn't wrong. I don't think the pj day in the 2 kindergarten classes was coordinated with the entire school. Then, even if it was, I think the fire drill was a "surprise" planned by the principle. He had a hard on for fire drill times. The school was a new concept building, without traditional "classrooms. It was basically an open floor plan, around the library in the center, which was also without walls. The second floor was just a wrap around balcony that you could spit from in to the library. Not that you would but, just to give you an idea of the layout. It was all open. Anyway, since it was a new concept, they had to prove that kids could get out of it in a reasonable amount of time.
oh my gosh I can't even imagine what the noise level must have been like

Reactions: Jerami and Sondi

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
oh my gosh I can't even imagine what the noise level must have been like
It was actually silent. first off, the kinder's were separate. Then, we were all just trained to use our indoor voices. It was lovely and quiet. The floors were all carpet and the walls had sound tiles, so things didn't echo. Then the books and the half height bookcases that bordered each "class" was enough to soak up ambient noise. TBH, there was so much carpet that you had trouble getting your voice to carry in there.:)

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a short survey about online personal finance education resources. | Accept
Requester: Kristen Burnell [A1C2XYXQ6KFLN7] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.75] [Fast=4.43] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=4.00] [Reviews=14] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=30.00] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.87
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: The purpose of this study is to identify and understand when and how millennials use online personal finance education resources.
Qualifications: Millennials EqualTo 1; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Morning, all.

Day 2 of our ice-in so no school again today.

Have to go out on the roof and knock ice off the furnace and water heater chimneys at some point unless I want to CO the whole family to death.

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
Morning, all.

Day 2 of our ice-in so no school again today.

Have to go out on the roof and knock ice off the furnace and water heater chimneys at some point unless I want to CO the whole family to death.
we had an ice storm here a couple years ago. no power for 4 days, it was rough. i hope yours isnt that bad!

Reactions: sofaslug and jan

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: 5 Minute Personality Survey(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: MGMT RESEARCH [A3AHJYR4Z7FQO5] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.18] [Pay=4.13] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.45] [Fast=4.59] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=4.77] [Reviews=40] [ToS=1]
TO2: [Hrly=4.41] [Pen=0.58 days] [Res=null] [Rec=0%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 45:00
Available: 17
Description: This study involves answering some questions about your personality. This will take 5 minutes. Earn US$0.50.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [-2050735860-123797] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

2min

Last edited:
Reactions: WowyGirl
Status
Not open for further replies.