01/15 - Fiery Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie

Reaction score
Thanks, it's working now.
mine starting crashing late yesterday afternoon. looks like it's been about 3 - 3.5 hours that the whole thing crashes. it's down right now only because i haven't had a chance to reload.

I'm wondering whether it's the dark mode theme causing problems. I'm going to turn off dark mode and see if that does any better.

Last edited:
Reactions: alk69 and jijab

charlie

Reaction score
I had to go digging to find this one again since i can't find it in HF after having to reload MTS but it's floating around. it put me over my daily goal. one recommendation: take the breaks it provides. i didn't. my ears are paying for it.

Title: University of Iowa - Auditory Category Learning | Accept
Requester: Samantha Chiu [A2RC338N73KNS7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$19.14] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 11.75
Duration: 1:15:00
Available: 1
Description: This is a 50-75 minute experiment that needs to be completed in one sitting. Headphones are required for this study. NOTE: There is a demographic and headphone screener to test for ineligibility. If ineligible, please return the HIT.
Qualifications: None

Reactions: Blakkat

fawn

Reaction score
does anyone know if the new panda crazy extension can be not in its own window? is that the point of the extension or do i still have to keep it on its own

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Search and Rescue App Survey P3E8162Accept
Requester: Les Nelson [A11BV8RF54TR5Y] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$18.41][Pay=Generous][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: No reviews
Reward: $30.00
Duration: 05:00:00
Description: Survey about understanding what a smart, autonomous drone is doing during a Rescue mission.
Qualifications: PARC SAR 2 Worker DoesNotExist ; PARC SAR 3 Worker DoesNotExist

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Phone Interview (30-75 minutes) about your (ex) romantic partner's disclosure about his or her mental illnessAccept
Requester: Emiko Taniguchi [A244P45QKZZCF0] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$7.43][Pay=Low][Approval=1-3 days][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
Reward: $10.00
Duration: 01:00:00
Description: Interview about your current or previous romantic partner who disclosed his or her mental illness within 12 months. **IMPORTANT: You need to pass a 3-minute screening survey first to check your eligibility**
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US

alk69

Reaction score
mine starting crashing late yesterday afternoon. looks like it's been about 3 - 3.5 hours that the whole thing crashes. it's down right now only because i haven't had a chance to reload.

I'm wondering whether it's the dark mode theme causing problems. I'm going to turn off dark mode and see if that does any better.
I prefer dark mode, 'cause it makes MTurk easier to read, but...it also darkens the surveys, which would be a nice thing, except some of the survey seems to be lost--like the bubbles! Might be a good way to get a rejection or ten. The thing started darkening all websites, too. It's literally started acting on it's own. I deleted and reloaded to no improvement, too. Still messed up PC and Forker. I've got them usable now--just. And I'm not bothering with Tracker any more. Can't use it. I didn't have these problems before I made the mistake of automatically trusting and clicking update. The thing needs to be re-issued as the old version--give those who prefer the older style a choice--or lose your followers. The new one is simply too expansive. I feel that much of it is for programmers to play with and not as a work tool. Work tools are supposed to be pared down and fast, not a constant fight for control.
Just my 4 cents worth, not that it matters................

Reactions: cb456

charlie

Reaction score
I prefer dark mode, 'cause it makes MTurk easier to read, but...it also darkens the surveys, which would be a nice thing, except some of the survey seems to be lost--like the bubbles! Might be a good way to get a rejection or ten. The thing started darkening all websites, too. It's literally started acting on it's own. I deleted and reloaded to no improvement, too. Still messed up PC and Forker. I've got them usable now--just. And I'm not bothering with Tracker any more. Can't use it. I didn't have these problems before I made the mistake of automatically trusting and clicking update. The thing needs to be re-issued as the old version--give those who prefer the older style a choice--or lose your followers. The new one is simply too expansive. I feel that much of it is for programmers to play with and not as a work tool. Work tools are supposed to be pared down and fast, not a constant fight for control.
Just my 4 cents worth, not that it matters................
definitely good thoughts. there are issues that i haven't seen but others are and there are issues i keep randomly running into but haven't necessarily been able to replicate but that I am keeping an eye on. all the issues is why i started the bug thread yesterday in order to have reports in one place instead of all over the daily threads.

we just need to keep reporting things there.
https://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/mts-3-2-x-bugs.5531/

Reactions: alk69

Ebrendabell

Reaction score
Greetings everyone. How do I qualify for surveys with good pay. I have 850 approved Hits, but I keep getting cents. What I'm I not doing right?

charlie

Reaction score
Greetings everyone. How do I qualify for surveys with good pay. I have 850 approved Hits, but I keep getting cents. What I'm I not doing right?
start here:

https://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/start-here-guides-for-getting-started.11/

A lot of advice there.
and here:
https://www.mturkcrowd.com/forums/userscripts-extensions-and-software.14/

as for "good pay" that depends on what your definition of "good pay" is. you will, for the most part, be dealing with surveys and tasks that range from a penny up to a dollar.the penny hits are great to get your numbers up but can be headaches and the requestors could be reject-happy. just make sure you're reading reviews when they're available. I haven't done a penny hit in probably 3 years but that's mainly because i only look for hits worth a nickel or more. the really high dollar hits ($10 or more) generally have qualifications that limit who can take them. you'll see those qualifications on the hits that we all tend to share here. if you meet the qualifications it becomes a matter of patience and luck. i think we've learned a great deal of patience here :D

another note: you'll see "ABQ" around here. It stands for "always be qual'ing" Watch for qualification posts from "mew." Take the qualification tests. Pass them. There are hits and batches of hits that come and go that are only accessible if you have the specific qualification that was designed for that particular task. They're "closed qual hits." Doesn't matter how many hits you've done, what your approval rate is, what quals you have, if you don't have their particular closed qualification you cannot do their hits for them. So, do the qual hits. Very much worth your while if you take them seriously and work to pass them.

Last edited:

charlie

Reaction score
I returned it. Too much busy work I wasn't willing to do.
Title: Give your opinion about various entities(~ 10 minutes)Accept
Requester: Nina Strohminger [A2MGI0CEYZWITV] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$25.33][Pay=Generous][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Excellent][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.03][Fast=4.65][Comm=3.89][Fair=4.81][Reviews=36][ToS=0]
Reward: $2.00
Duration: 00:45:00
Available: 105
Description: A study where you rate stuff
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Exc: [270017-269428] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US

Last edited:

charlie

Reaction score
Description: Survey about understanding what a smart, autonomous drone is doing during a Rescue mission.
ooo sounds interesting.

charlie

Reaction score
USA TODAY said tax returns will be accepted Feb 12, 2021
hmm. that's interesting. i'd rather just file and get it over with. my final tax return for my former employer.

KatieinPGH

*Wants Masters*
Reaction score
This was fun. I took my time on it and worked on a batch and some other HIT's that had shorter timers so my time of 2 hours was likely closer to 1-1.5 hours. Hit approved and paid in about 2 hours. I enjoyed it! Had been tracking it for daaayyyyss.

charlie

Reaction score
This was fun. I took my time on it and worked on a batch and some other HIT's that had shorter timers so my time of 2 hours was likely closer to 1-1.5 hours. Hit approved and paid in about 2 hours. I enjoyed it! Had been tracking it for daaayyyyss.
sweet. i'll keep a panda on it then. thanks for the info!

Reactions: KatieinPGH

charlie

Reaction score
shudder.. there's a hit out there Trump v Biden 2024. I'll be avoiding that one tyvm.

charlie

Reaction score
Ok now I'm actually over my daily PE.. the last time I thought I was it was a weird calculation error on Reward Goal. $20.30 PE which will end up being $20.20 due to a pending rejection (my own fault but at least it's a dime and not more). There's a pretty good high school state championship game on tonight that i'm gonna be watching.
Southlake Carroll High versus Austin Westlake High -- best thing about this is the head coaches are father and son. Father taught at Southlake High before trying out college then going down to Austin, son is the HC at Southlake Carroll. First time it's happened in high school football championships at least in Texas. It oughtta be a great game. both schools are heavily recruited from by in and out of state programs.

update: nevermind. It's tomorrow night. d'oh! i'll watch mindless drivel tonight haha.

Last edited:

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
hmm. that's interesting. i'd rather just file and get it over with. my final tax return for my former employer.
the point is the IRS is not accepting tax returns until Feb 12th so you can't just file right now and get it over with (well, maybe you can, it just won't be processed until feb 12th or later).

hope everyone filed their estimated taxes today. it's the deadline for the 4th quarter 2020 estimated taxes.

Reactions: HelloHello
Status
Not open for further replies.