01/14 - Smackdown Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Does anyone else have an issue with Chrome seemingly not releasing memory after it's closed? I end up having to restart my computer every couple days if I've been turking and am wondering if it's a script/extension issue.
Can't you close Chrome through the Task Manager if it remains after you've closed it? Or do you mean individual tabs?

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Can't you close Chrome through the Task Manager if it remains after you've closed it? Or do you mean individual tabs?
Well it's not so much Chrome saying it's still open and holding the memory as my task manager showing more and more overall memory used with no program showing as using that memory. If that makes any sense. I assumed Chrome since it seems to build up more rapidly on days where I turk.

Like task manager will show 85% of memory used and I'll start getting out of memory errors, but the programs open in task manage only total up to using 20% of memory.

Reactions: Pleco

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Well it's not so much Chrome saying it's still open and holding the memory as my task manager showing more and more overall memory used with no program showing as using that memory. If that makes any sense. I assumed Chrome since it seems to build up more rapidly on days where I turk.

Like task manager will show 85% of memory used and I'll start getting out of memory errors, but the programs open in task manage only total up to using 20% of memory.
Yes it sounds like either Chrome or some other program is having a memory leak, because no program should be using that much memory unless it's really intensive.

Don't know how to go about fixing it though, Task Manager is about the extent of my knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.