01/14 - Munificent Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

Last edited:

Jamie Taylor

Reaction score
I just completed a survey. When I entered my HIT completion code, the screen went back to my sign in screen. When I signed in, it brought me back to the main HITs page. When I clicked on the survey, I couldn't get in, because there were no more HITs available. Am I just out of that money? Will this count against me, or turn into a rejection?

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
I just completed a survey. When I entered my HIT completion code, the screen went back to my sign in screen. When I signed in, it brought me back to the main HITs page. When I clicked on the survey, I couldn't get in, because there were no more HITs available. Am I just out of that money? Will this count against me, or turn into a rejection?
Check your dashboard to see if it submitted or if it is still in your queue.

MarkC

Stay awhile and listen.
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe it was right at the turn of the day and it posted on yesterdays hits? If you accepted it before the day change it will show up when you accepted it, not submitted it.

kb64

Clueless Person
Reaction score
What is the average number of hours spent on MTurk in a day by y'all?

And can you give names of requesters like Toli Bean?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamie Taylor

Jamie Taylor

Reaction score
Check your dashboard to see if it submitted or if it is still in your queue.
It is gone. Like it never even existed. It took me 40 minutes to do that survey (in between talking to this adorable woman on Twitter). I want my fifty cents!

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

Jamie Taylor

Reaction score
What is the average number of hours spent on MTurk in a day by y'all?

And can you give names of requesters like Toli Bean?
I've seen the name Toli Bean on this site so many times, it has ceased being actual words.
I spend all day on my computer, doing important YouTube watching, and whatnot. So it's difficult for me to say. I mturk in between videos and assorted other things.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It is gone. Like it never even existed. It took me 40 minutes to do that survey (in between talking to this adorable woman on Twitter). I want my fifty cents!
Check the last few HITs on your Dashboard for yesterday. You may have to move to the last page. If it wasn't submitted, it would still be in your queue, unless it expired or was returned. Those would be the only four options(submitted, expired, it's still in queue, returned) that could happen to it. They can't really just "disappear".

EDIT A HIT will always show up on your Dashboard, once submitted, on the day it was accepted, not submitted.

EDIT 2 Sometimes, pretty regularly, you should relog and/or check by clicking a the Dashboard, or other AMT page, that you're still logged in. Sometimes, during long studies, you can get logged out and it won't be able to submit. It would still be in queue, in that case.

Last edited:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It couldn't turn into a rejection if it wasn't submitted. Either it submitted, and you'll be fine, or it didn't submit and it's still in queue(which it obviously isn't). But, it won't count against you if it didn't submit.:)

Jamie Taylor

Reaction score
Check the last few HITs on your Dashboard for yesterday. You may have to move to the last page. If it wasn't submitted, it would still be in your queue, unless it expired or was returned. Those would be the only four options(submitted, expired, it's still in queue, returned) that could happen to it. They can't really just "disappear".

EDIT A HIT will always show up on your Dashboard, once submitted, on the day it was accepted, not submitted.

EDIT 2 Sometimes, pretty regularly, you should relog and/or check by clicking a the Dashboard, or other AMT page, that you're still logged in. Sometimes, during long studies, you can get logged out and it won't be able to submit. It would still be in queue, in that case.
In the words of Venom, "It vanished like a turd in the wind."
Rookie question, where is my queue located?

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
In the words of Venom, "It vanished like a turd in the wind."
Rookie question, where is my queue located?
Your queue is found in the "Your HITs Queue" (Wasn't this called My HITs yesterday?)
tab. It's the work that you have "queue'd"(in line).

EDIT They can't vanish. They're either returned, expired, submitted, or still in queue. If it's not in queue, and it didn't expire, which is a very real possibility, then it was submitted. Finding submitted HITs from the dashboard is a pain and, people think they go missing but, you know, it's not like spare change. Things in computers(data) can only go places when told to by other things. Either way, if it was $.50, I'd not worry too much. It probably expired, which would make it look to you as if it's disappeared, since it's gone. But, if it disappeared before it's expire time, it was submitted. There's no other option.

DBL EDIT You should be using a Database program to keep track of stuff like that. MTS(Mturk Suite) has one built in called HIT Tracker.

Last edited:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: A Survey on Timing Between Relationships (12-17 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Psychology Research [A3BR95WQZ94ADR] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=2.79] [Fast=4.03] [Comm=2.86] [Fair=3.70] [Reviews=51] [ToS=1]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 3:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Relationship survey on timing between relationships
Qualifications: Sing DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Location In CA, US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Jamie Taylor

Reaction score
Your queue is found in the My HITs tab. It's the work that you have "queue'd"(in line).

EDIT They can't vanish. They're either returned, expired, submitted, or still in queue. If it's not in queue, and it didn't expire, which is a very real possibility, then it was submitted. Finding submitted HITs from the dashboard is a pain and, people think they go missing but, you know, it's not like spare change. Things in computers(data) can only go places when told to by other things. Either way, if it was $.50, I'd not worry too much. It probably expired, which would make it look to you as if it's disappeared, since it's gone. But, if it disappeared before it's expire time, it was submitted. There's no other option.
I'll be damned. I just now noticed that even existed. It's empty, of course. Thanks for alerting me to the fact that it exists.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'll be damned. I just now noticed that even existed. It's empty, of course. Thanks for alerting me to the fact that it exists.
To make life easier, most people work their HITs from queue, rather than the accept tab(when you first accept them), using the "work" button. This way, when one HIT is submitted, the next in queue will load.:)

You can have 24(I think, maybe 25) in queue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamie Taylor

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Verify 30 spoken keywords | Accept
Requester: Terras [A1ZX0D8FAM6GW1] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.93] [Pay=3.13] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.62] [Fast=4.70] [Comm=3.57] [Fair=4.80] [Reviews=13] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=14.16] [Pen=0.68 days] [Res=null] [Rec=50%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.25
Duration: 1:00:00
Description: Listen to 30 short recordings of words and phrases and verify whether they contain an expected keyword
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
I think these may be my favourite HITs. I could do them all day. I mean, I do them all day but, I could do with a steady stream of them.[/td][/tr]

Jamie Taylor

Reaction score
To make life easier, most people work their HITs from queue, rather than the accept tab(when you first accept them), using the "work" button. This way, when one HIT is submitted, the next in queue will load.:)

You can have 24(I think, maybe 25) in queue.
I'm learning a lot from you tonight. Thanks!

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Short survey on rating people (4 min)(~ 4 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Gonzalo [AVOOGZ588BKZ0] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.36] [Pay=4.31] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.84] [Fast=4.55] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=27] [ToS=1]
TO2: [Hrly=6.31] [Pen=0.04 days] [Res=null] [Rec=0%] [Rej=0] [ToS=4] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 30:00
Description: In this survey you will rate some people on some characteristics.
Qualifications: Exc: [-874156601-122382] DoesNotExist ; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
2min[/td][/tr]

Reactions: Sondi

jan

Reaction score
Title: A Survey on Politics & Media Usage | Accept
Requester: moh abdul hakim [A2LIMD163E70WS] Contact
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Description: The present survey aims to understand people's political preferences and their usage of mass media.
Qualifications: WorkersSURNOV05 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

jan

Reaction score
Title: Study Screener for Well-Being (18-30 yo, US only)(~ 2 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Susan Mangan [A3DJJ8EFFLVXXF] Contact
TO: [Pay=3.20] [Fast=3.67] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=12] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.20
Description: Read a screener for a new study on well-being! ~2 minutes
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; Exc: [122888-123311] DoesNotExist ; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Gator

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: A Survey on Politics & Media Usage | Accept
Requester: moh abdul hakim [A2LIMD163E70WS] Contact
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Description: The present survey aims to understand people's political preferences and their usage of mass media.
Qualifications: WorkersSURNOV05 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
6:20

Reactions: jan
Status
Not open for further replies.