01/13 - Money on My Mind Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CakesandPies

Reaction score
My first payment from the new system was supposed to be initiated Saturday. When nothing happened by yesterday (no transfer, no email from amazon, balance still the same), I emailed Amazon. Here is their response:

"Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that your disbursements have not initiated on the scheduled date.

We have engaged internal teams to investigate, and will contact you back with more information as soon as it becomes available. Please rest assured this is actively being researched, even if you do not hear from us right away.

Thank you for your patience, and for participating in Mechanical Turk."

I'm scared for my $$$. Lol.
For me anything that initiates on a Weekend is usually posted on a business day. I think my last weekend payment hit my account like on Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
PSA since it's quiet

John Mulaney has a special on Netflix called John Mulaney and the Sack Lunch Bunch and it's the best thing I've ever seen in my entire whole life.

Pls add to your watch lists. Maybe watch with your kids, maybe not idk I don't have kids.

booklover

Reaction score
For me anything that initiates on a Weekend is usually posted on a business day. I think my last weekend payment hit my account like on Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning.

Does your balance "disappear " on the weekend day it was supposed to initiate? I didn't expect it to hit my bank Saturday, but literally nothing happened.

• Grimacing
Reactions: Despairagus

JCIII

Reaction score
Did anyone else do the animal hit for $1.10 and got the completion code but there was no way to put it anywhere and submit the hit?

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Did anyone else do the animal hit for $1.10 and got the completion code but there was no way to put it anywhere and submit the hit?
Do you remember the requester?
nvmnd I misread and didn't see Animal Hit. I returned it b/c it was marked underpaid :(

Last edited:

jijab

Reaction score
When that happens to me I submit and message the requester with the code letting them know what happened. I've never had an issue with being rejected for it.

Reactions: XWarrior

JCIII

Reaction score
Thanks, I did send the requester my ID and a screenshot of the approval code page. Seems to me to be more broken hits like that recently.

XWarrior

Reaction score
I have done multiple hits from this requester, all approved and ran into a similar issue with them once and contacting them worked fine. A lot of times if there is a long timer, I contact them first and wait to submit the hit until the clock is close, at times they get back to you prior to the timer expiring.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with Prolific assistant staying up?

placematfan

Reaction score
"Did anyone else do the animal hit for $1.10 and got the completion code but there was no way to put it anywhere and submit the hit? "

This, and similar situations, happen often enough that, for me, it's prudent to have an effective and efficient protocol that I can just do quickly. Like jijab suggested, I'll submit the hit with a note like "Please see email. Turk ID is __" in the survey code field. Then immediately go to Dashboard, click on the day of the hit, find the hit, and then Contact Requester. Then I'll politely and quickly explain whatever the situation is. 90% of Requesters are actually nice, responsive, and even compassionate; they are, in my experience, MUCH more interested in quality data than in anything else. I also use this protocol when a timer is running out, but I try not to abuse that. And as for adding screenshots, I rarely do that. If I think I need to, I'll take the screenshot I need, name it something gettable, put it in the file designated for it, and just note when I Contact Requester, "Screenshot available upon request." (Been Turking 6 years. I'm a lurker.)

Last edited:

PandaThief

Reaction score
Reactions: scrmcasey

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
PSA since it's quiet

John Mulaney has a special on Netflix called John Mulaney and the Sack Lunch Bunch and it's the best thing I've ever seen in my entire whole life.

Pls add to your watch lists. Maybe watch with your kids, maybe not idk I don't have kids.
I will watch soooon!

XWarrior

Reaction score
Message from The Choice Lab
---------------------------------
We inform you that the payment of bonuses for participating in the HIT
'Production task with bonus opportunities' is delayed until end of January/beginning of February.
We are sorry for the delay.

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
Message from The Choice Lab
We inform you that the payment of bonuses for participating in the HIT
'Production task with bonus opportunities' is delayed until end of January/beginning of February.
We are sorry for the delay.
Paying out the bonuses on all of those FACW HITs last year dried them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.