01/12 - Tall Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew

Not a bot. I am a girl.
^_^
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

I am a bot and this is an automated daily thread post. If you would like to post a daily thread, just make sure you post it before I do at 12:05 AM PT. Out of a courtesy to others that may wish to make the thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you are making it. The old thread will auto-lock on its own.

You can find more information about how to format a daily thread post here.

Reaction score
my mturk "home" page is overcrowded, so trying to identify where bits of text and stats are coming from.

What about this right at the top of the page:

"HITs Goal BETA 59 / Reward Goal BETA 5.52" etc...

Can someone tell me how to get rid of this? I don't use it ever :))

Reactions: HelloHello

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
my mturk "home" page is overcrowded, so trying to identify where bits of text and stats are coming from.

What about this right at the top of the page:

"HITs Goal BETA 59 / Reward Goal BETA 5.52" etc...

Can someone tell me how to get rid of this? I don't use it ever :))
I think those two items in the center are there as part of AMT's website (not put there by a worker script) so there might not be a way to remove it unless those items are blockable through some website filter utility.

Reaction score
I think those two items in the center are there as part of AMT's website (not put there by a worker script) so there might not be a way to remove it unless those items are blockable through some website filter utility.
oh yeah, that makes sense, thanks. If they are goals and part of AMT, suggests you must be able to set your goals somewhere?

Reactions: SisphyeanTurker

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
oh yeah, that makes sense, thanks. If they are goals and part of AMT, suggests you must be able to set your goals somewhere?
click the "set goal" text and input your number for that item you selected (i.e. number of hits, or total dollar value for your daily goal).

Reactions: turkinthailand

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
MTS v3.2.0 seems to have been released!

my Hit Catcher in chrome is announcing again so maybe the issue has been fixed that i have been having.

make a note of your Hit Catcher favorites before upgrading to v3.2.0. i lost my 8 favorite hit catcher items in the upgrade and are going to have to rebuild those as the hits come up again.

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone else's MTS messed up?

Reactions: alk69

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
It sucks Big time!!!!
it's got a few good things but other things still don't work (text-to-speech audio) or the "O/M" option when you click on a hit in HF that takes you to the AMT site and you get the AMT generated HIT is no longer available.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Any way to use the old version?
that would be an answer for those more knowledgable about extensions management than i am, but i'm going to guess not. You can uninstall the extension but that probably removes and not rolls back MTS to v2.

the chrome extension store shows v3.2.0, so a v2.x does not appear available anymore.

i would recommend anyone thinking they want to keep v2 to unselect the "auto update" button so v3.2.0 does not auto install and give you the option to manually install v3.xx at a later date.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: KYKITTY

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
it did occur to me if MTS v2.x shows up in the internet archives, maybe you can snag and somehow install the older extension and deselect the auto-update of MTS extensions.

Skittles

It's Pumpkinninny!
Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.