01/11 - We're One Year Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Happy first anniversary to MTurk Crowd!

I can't believe it's already been a year since a few of us had a crazy idea to go make a forum. But we did it! And it worked! And most importantly, all of you are here doing awesome things like contributing in all sorts of ways, posting HITs, helping new people, helping old people, adding to conversations, donating to keep our servers running, and generally being yourselves.

Here, have some cake!

I want to give a special shoutout and high five to the other excellent admins, kryss @kryssyy, aveline @aveline, and Jaded @Jaded, to our super cool mods, jan @jan, jklmnop @jklmnop, jml @jml, TQueen @TQueen, and TSolo315 @TSolo315, to our threadmaster TissueHime @TissueHime, and to serverguy @serverguy for dealing with the backend of things and putting up with us crazy turkers.

Now let's party!

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
So it's been a year.

I'm glad that all of you are here. Without you, we wouldn't have a forum, and then I would just be lonely, and I'm not all about that life. I love (in a friendly way) most all of y'all and some of y'all are kinda like friends, and I would miss you if you weren't here. So you're not allowed to go away. I love the admin/mod team, none of them are annoying or rude which goes a long way to making me stay here. I just want to say that I consider some of y'all like real friends and I'm glad I met y'all. Even though sometimes some of y'all make me wanna pull my hair out I still wouldn't get rid of you because it's nice to have people to talk to. Thanks for being here whether friend or just coworker. <3

Dance party time.

This was a lot longer, sappier and a bit cheesy but I cut most of it out because that's just how I roll. <3

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
So this forum has been up for a year today (well, a year and a day because of leap year). I tend to get really sappy and long-winded with these sorts of things, so I'd like to keep it as brief as possible.

Thank you, everyone, for being here. I know turking isn't always easy. And I know many of us here were driven to turking because the lives that we live aren't easy. I know this first hand. I hope we can make it easier for everyone. I know it makes the day to day more tolerable for myself.

I love this community. I don't think any mturk community can make things easy, but I hope we can at least make it better. There's so much love and support here. The people here do so much for others. It's really something special to watch that evolve over a 12 month period. This place is the best.

For those that followed us over here twelve months and a day ago, and are still here.... thank you. I don't think I could even put into words the worry that we were feeling, asking people to pick a new forum when they had seen nothing wrong with the one they were on. We were essentially asking people to place trust in us that we were doing the right thing, and the response was incredible. Thank you for giving us a chance. This community would be nothing without you all.

Thank you, everyone! You guys are great. I can't wait to be writing cheesy posts to you all again, on our second anniversary.

So much love!
Aveline (Evelyn) :aveline:

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Ok party's over, shut up and work

Title: How natural is this video? [linguistics](~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Meaning and Modality Lab [APDC3PD79UWJ] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 5.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 0.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 2 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Watch short videos and decide how natural the dialogue is. Native English speakers only.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: Exc: [956812-30284] has not been granted;Location is one of: US

Reactions: SliceofLife

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
So this forum has been up for a year today (well, a year and a day because of leap year). I tend to get really sappy and long-winded with these sorts of things, so I'd like to keep it as brief as possible.

Thank you, everyone, for being here. I know turking isn't always easy. And I know many of us here were driven to turking because the lives that we live aren't easy. I know this first hand.

I love this community. I don't think any mturk community can make things easy, but I hope we can at least make it better. There's so much love and support here. The people here do so much for others. It's really something special to watch that evolve over a 12 month period. This place is the best.

For those that followed us over here twelve months and a day ago, and are still here.... thank you. I don't think I could even put into words the worry that we were feeling, asking people to pick a new forum when they had seen nothing wrong with the one they were on. We were essentially asking people to place trust in us that we were doing the right thing, and the response was incredible. Thank you for giving us a chance. This community would be nothing without you all.

Thank you, everyone! You guys are great. I can't wait to be writing cheesy posts to you all again, on our second anniversary.

So much love!
Aveline (Evelyn) :aveline:
:celebrate:

:glomp:

:party:

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: 7 Min Survey for those who drink 5 or more alcoholic drinks on atleast 3 occasions in a week(~ 7 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Lilani [A3S79VYSHSGFYH] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: 5.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
Description:
A survey of craving and pleasure of alcohol
Time: 45 minutes
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Location is one of: AU, US; Total approved HITs is not less than 1000; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Exc: [1529504789-30327] has not been granted;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.2.1

Yatagarasu

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Study on decision making | $0.25 | ~ 7 minutes | PANDA
Requester: ESClabs [A1U8RL0GPUGR86] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 4.36] [Fair: 4.71] [Comm: 4.10] [Fast: 4.75] [Reviews: 83] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Take part in a psychological study on decision making
Time: 8 hours
HITs Available: 486
Reward: $0.25
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 97; Location is US;

Reactions: LegitApe

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Everyday Thinking | PANDA
Requester: CL Wilson [A1J6O5UBV58BLW] (TO)
TO Ratings:
TO Unavailable
Submit a new TO review
Description: We are interested in your ability to make numerical judgments. In this survey, you will answer several types of questions. Some are math questions and some ask how you feel about math, and some ask you to judge how much a variable might change.
Time: 2 hours
Qualifications: Location is US

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I would also like to give a very special shout out to two moderators, in particular. jklmnop @jklmnop and jml @jml. The admins here always get the credit for starting this forum, but jklmnop and jml were with us from day 1. They are as responsible for what this forum is as kryss @kryssyy, aveline @aveline, electrolyte @electrolyte, or Jaded @Jaded is. We wouldn't be what we are without their help.

I love both of you! You guys are the best! :aveline:

Yatagarasu

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Citizenship at Work(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Anthony Klotz [A3P3R4CIL7BIT2] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 4.75] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: 5.00] [Reviews: 8] [ToS: 0]
Description:
ACADEMIC RESEARCH: You will be asked to complete a short survey on your feelings and behaviors about your workplace. This is a 3-part study with total payment of $6.00.
Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90; Exc: [30815-30226] has not been granted; Location is one of: US;

Yatagarasu

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: College for the Sake of What? | PANDA
Requester: Michael Yoder [A1FGDGVS7SZN1W] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 4.00] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Survey for 4-year College/University Graduates
Time: 30 minutes
Reward: $1.20
Qualifications: Dissertation Helpers has not been granted; Location is US;

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Everything below is based on grabbing 25 hits.

So earlier I posted how worker.mturk.com has a slower response time than old mturk.com by 200ms on average, but is 1/3 the size.

Well I decided to check exactly how long it takes to scrape all of the HITs for both sites.

mturk.com

worker.mturk.com

Status
Not open for further replies.