Status
Not open for further replies.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score

sarcasta

sleepy kitshark
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm feeling really discouraged every time I log in to the computer lately. I don't know what I'm doing wrong or why MTurk is so dead. It feels like it's been more slow than not for quite a long time.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
GOOD MORNING

You've received a bonus from Michael Collins for work related to 3XAOZ9UYRZ0LJFBROLZ786MXF7L1Q1.
The value of your bonus is: $7.70 USD

The Requester included this note:
During the experiment you earned a bonus of $7.70. Thank you for your participation.

I am 800% sure this was supposed to be a $17.70 bonus. I emailed him, but I didn't take a screenshot before exiting the hit, so I'm not holding my breath or anything. V sad though.
If I were 800% sure (or even just 200% sure), I'd go to his IRB, assuming there is one "associated" with that HIT. Regardless, Better Luck the rest of the day, Despairagus @Despairagus !

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Psychology Experiment - A fun and challenging consulting experience | PANDA
Requester: Bramley Computational Cognitive Science Lab [A1VJ49B30SB9S1] [TurkerView]
Description: This experiment takes around around 10-15 minutes. It pays $1.75. NOTE: ONLY RUNS IF YOU USE GOOGLE CHROME; NO OTHER BROWSERS; NO SMARTPHONES; NO TABLETS
Duration: ~60min
Reward: $1.75
Qualifications:
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50
  • Location EqualTo US
HIT Time: 7 min, 15 sec
Catchability: Great

Reactions: Blakkat

pizzafrog

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm feeling really discouraged every time I log in to the computer lately. I don't know what I'm doing wrong or why MTurk is so dead. It feels like it's been more slow than not for quite a long time.
It's been pretty dead for me as well lately. Seems like all of the batches I used to make money on have disappeared and nothing has come along to replace them. I'm starting to look for sites other than mturk to make extra money.

Last edited:

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
If it doesn't pick up here directly, I may have to sell my spleen.
You probably aren't doing anything wrong, January is notoriously slow. Winter months are usually hit-or-miss as students are in and out of classes, requesters seem to be as well. Add that to the fact that a lot of decent requesters that were here years ago have seemingly left the platform, it makes it seem worse . You just have to adapt to what is available. One of the drawbacks to doing work like this is sometimes you have to reach outside your comfort zone and dabble in work you may not particularly like to do when it gets slow.

Hang in there, it will pick back up.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Especially if one primarily works surveys, which, for the most part, are posted by colleges and universities ... which from time to time have these things called "vacations." College and university "vacations" should be banned by the federal government. Don't give up the ship, sarcasta @sarcasta ! :)

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
If it doesn't pick up here directly, I may have to sell my spleen.

You probably aren't doing anything wrong, January is notoriously slow. Winter months are usually hit-or-miss as students are in and out of classes, requesters seem to be as well. Add that to the fact that a lot of decent requesters that were here years ago have seemingly left the platform, it makes it seem worse . You just have to adapt to what is available. One of the drawbacks to doing work like this is sometimes you have to reach outside your comfort zone and dabble in work you may not particularly like to do when it gets slow.

Hang in there, it will pick back up.
how much you asking for the spleen?

Status
Not open for further replies.