Status
Not open for further replies.

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Stay warm (and get better!)
Thank you! :love: I do not plan to leave the couch... we'll see if the kids cooperate.

The flu and cold season this year has been crazy, I know so many that have gotten sick just this week.

And me with my shitty lifestyle I'm fine, I swear if rum is the key to fighting the cold...
I feel like I've been sick since Thanksgiving :rain: colds on and off thanks to my lovely kiddo's preschool germs.

We were supposed to have some people over for hot pot tonight but I think a big dipping-sharing meal is perhaps not the best idea with my hacking and sneezing :eek:

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Thank you! :love: I do not plan to leave the couch... we'll see if the kids cooperate.

I feel like I've been sick since Thanksgiving :rain: colds on and off thanks to my lovely kiddo's preschool germs.

We were supposed to have some people over for hot pot tonight but I think a big dipping-sharing meal is perhaps not the best idea with my hacking and sneezing :eek:
If there's any germophobes in the forum I think they just reached for Purell after reading that.

jan

Reaction score
All we have to do is survive tonight and we're entering a heat wave on Monday (32 degrees:bode:).

I spent yesterday wrapping pipes in the basement (-20 is on the way)

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
All we have to do is survive tonight and we're entering a heat wave on Monday (32 degrees:bode:).

I spent yesterday wrapping pipes in the basement (-20 is on the way)

Our snow might melt on Monday. 40*

Which is good, because they ain't plowing roads! Work on Monday morning still might be a struggle.

Pleco

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Pleco @Pleco
have ya had a nice holidays? haven't seen ya much
I think I did. I can't remember exactly because the past two weeks have been a blur of eggnog and cheesecake. But my niece was happy with the stuff she got and that's the only thing I care about the holidays. Oh and my turking vacation has been pretty sweet too.

How have you been, new year starting out better than the last one?

jan

Reaction score
Our snow might melt on Monday. 40*

Which is good, because they ain't plowing roads! Work on Monday morning still might be a struggle.
I hope so, too. I have huge snow piles that are just frozen solid. If we got more snow, I don't know where to put it.

savvy

Reaction score
I think I did. I can't remember exactly because the past two weeks have been a blur of eggnog and cheesecake. But my niece was happy with the stuff she got and that's the only thing I care about the holidays. Oh and my turking vacation has been pretty sweet too.

How have you been, new year starting out better than the last one?
you know, i managed not to have even a sip of eggnog this holiday. wtf is that shit.

Yay! Yeah, Christmas is better with kids who get excited about presents. Turking vacation...wooosh. That sounds dreamy.

So far so good. It can only get better. I did buy a newish car three days ago. That's a big deal and one of ten big goals on my list for 2018. So my turking is extra serious now - need to make my car payment on here every month!

When are ya coming back. Miss seeing ya post tbh lol keeps things entertaining.

Kat8mouse

Kat Master
Contributor
Reaction score
you know, i managed not to have even a sip of eggnog this holiday. wtf is that shit.

Yay! Yeah, Christmas is better with kids who get excited about presents. Turking vacation...wooosh. That sounds dreamy.

So far so good. It can only get better. I did buy a newish car three days ago. That's a big deal and one of ten big goals on my list for 2018. So my turking is extra serious now - need to make my car payment on here every month!

Which car did you end up getting?

Pleco

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Awww yiss, new car! Now we're talking. And turking sucks a tiny bit less when you got a goal, like the goal of not getting your car towed because you can't make payments. Seriously though, congrats! I'm glad things are turning around for you.

I'll be back at a steady schedule Monday, I already used all the vacation time that Jeff Bezos @Jeff Bezos gave me.

savvy

Reaction score
Which car did you end up getting?
2015 Hyuandi Santa Fe. I never really thought about a Hyuandi before, but two people at work do have like 200k mile ones, and they have a crazy warranty on the powertrain through Hyuandi, then the dealership (Priority) does a lifetime. It's comfy enough. Not as fun as a Rav4 to drive, but safe and functional. I'll have to figure out how to post a picture...

savvy

Reaction score
Awww yiss, new car! Now we're talking. And turking sucks a tiny bit less when you got a goal, like the goal of not getting your car towed because you can't make payments. Seriously though, congrats! I'm glad things are turning around for you.

I'll be back at a steady schedule Monday, I already used all the vacation time that Jeff Bezos @Jeff Bezos gave me.
And yesss. a goal is helpful. I can pay for it with my salary, however, that would be less delicious food and definitely no beer soooo. I don't like that kind of life lol.

Kat8mouse

Kat Master
Contributor
Reaction score
2015 Hyuandi Santa Fe. I never really thought about a Hyuandi before, but two people at work do have like 200k mile ones, and they have a crazy warranty on the powertrain through Hyuandi, then the dealership (Priority) does a lifetime. It's comfy enough. Not as fun as a Rav4 to drive, but safe and functional. I'll have to figure out how to post a picture...
Nice -- they are good cars and I like the way they look! Glad you found something for you and your doggie to cruise in :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.