01/06 - Freezing Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
Odd random late night thought... (that I may or may not be able to check on response to until the morning)

Have we ever thought about having some kind of once a year turker convention type thing? You know where we all get together at a hotel or somewhere and nerd out on our computers and maybe actually go out into the world around the people and find fun things to do. Just a random idea that I think could be fun and thought I'd share...it would be really cool to get to meet some of you in person :mallow
The idea's been thrown around now and then. I'd be down for it. Combine it with an event like Pax or Comic Con and it could be more fun too

Reactions: PhantomCatt

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Odd random late night thought... (that I may or may not be able to check on response to until the morning)

Have we ever thought about having some kind of once a year turker convention type thing? You know where we all get together at a hotel or somewhere and nerd out on our computers and maybe actually go out into the world around the people and find fun things to do. Just a random idea that I think could be fun and thought I'd share...it would be really cool to get to meet some of you in person :mallow
It's been mentioned before. I think some of us are too... I don't want to say anti-social because clearly we're at least sociable enough to talk here but...we aren't good with real life people.

Reactions: Drwho10

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
aww she's a pretty kitty
Thank you she's 14. She also has diabetes so she gets insulin shots twice a day but she still acts like a kitten.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you she's 14. She also has diabetes so she gets insulin shots twice a day but she still acts like a kitten.
Aww, poor kitteh. I didn't even know they made kitty shots like that. Give her some pets for me, I just love cats and want to pet them all.

Reactions: Pippa

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
It's been mentioned before. I think some of us are too... I don't want to say anti-social because clearly we're at least sociable enough to talk here but...we aren't good with real life people.
Yea... I'm not very good with people either, but for some reason y'all seem cool :wink: Being somewhat anti-social seems to kinda go with this job. Just thinking I'd might make an exception to meet with "my own kind" so to speak. Not even sure when I'd be able to afford something like that, but wanted to see if it was at least a decent random idea.

Reactions: Jaded

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
Aww, poor kitteh. I didn't even know they made kitty shots like that. Give her some pets for me, I just love cats and want to pet them all.
Oh I will!
The shots don't hurt her at all in fact she comes to me when I have to give them to her. I think she knows that they help her feel better. Oh goodness, now I need to go cuddle her. lol

Reactions: Jaded

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Las time we met went pretty well, lots of friendly folks and their significant others.

Turtlefemm

Mostly a Turtle
Contributor
Mentor
Reaction score
I had the new Mturk Suite export here, but decided I like today better with the bonuses added. :D :ahhh:

Today's Projected Earnings: $77.10 + Bonuses: $6.18 = $83.28

Reactions: kryss

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
The idea's been thrown around now and then. I'd be down for it. Combine it with an event like Pax or Comic Con and it could be more fun too
Comic Con SD?

If you combined that with a turker get together, I just might be persuaded to drive six hours.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Yea... I'm not very good with people either, but for some reason y'all seem cool :wink: Being somewhat anti-social seems to kinda go with this job. Just thinking I'd might make an exception to meet with "my own kind" so to speak. Not even sure when I'd be able to afford something like that, but wanted to see if it was at least a decent random idea.
There are places to find your kind. In the early days of "cons" that was a good place. Now most have gone mainstream. However, we could start a "turk-con" and all cosplay our favorite requesters.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
PE: 13.44 and good progress on that Self Concept hit. Which I will finish this weekend. All in all, not a bad day for the tricker.

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
There are places to find your kind. In the early days of "cons" that was a good place. Now most have gone mainstream. However, we could start a "turk-con" and all cosplay our favorite requesters.
bezos would be easy just put on a suit and shave your head :p

Reactions: tricker

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Longitudinal Study on Personal Goals and Well-Being.(~ 20 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Richard Koestner [A1LADZVCP7TPF1] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: 5.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Three-part online study on personal goals and well-being.
Time: 45 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $4.00
Qualifications: Exc: [30584-29995] DoesNotExist ; TP Panel: 1271465016 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.1.14

Status
Not open for further replies.