01/05 - Theatrical Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
HIT Finder Database last saw this HIT on Wed Jan 04 2017 12:08:22 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

is this telling me the last time I did them or the last time it was posted?
Last time it was posted. This is a database for HF, not HITDB.

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
OH cool.. I was getting ahead of myself I suppose I was thinking damn you made it show when I did the hit and you posted it :cautious:
Ha, I'm good but I'm not magic.

Taco Tuesday

SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE HERE
Reaction score
@Kadauchi is there a way to create a script that gives you the average time people completed a hit? I mean i was thinking if people could upload how long it actually took them, not how long it sat in your queue or whatever, then it could be averaged and then you could look at a survey that says it takes 60 mins but you can see that 10 people took it and the average time was only like 25 mins or whatever. Can that be made into a script? My coding skills are, let me be honest, they are shit. Ask me to make a bmi index that clculates how many calories you burned running for 95 minutes and then bring up your BMI on a chart in Java or C++ and im your girl, anything beyond that is BEYOND my brains capabilities. So im just wondering is my idea POSSIBLE? or no? I dont know what i did, the font is blue. Help.

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
@Kadauchi is there a way to create a script that gives you the average time people completed a hit? I mean i was thinking if people could upload how long it actually took them, not how long it sat in your queue or whatever, then it could be averaged and then you could look at a survey that says it takes 60 mins but you can see that 10 people took it and the average time was only like 25 mins or whatever. Can that be made into a script? My coding skills are, let me be honest, they are shit. Ask me to make a bmi index that clculates how many calories you burned running for 95 minutes and then bring up your BMI on a chart in Java or C++ and im your girl, anything beyond that is BEYOND my brains capabilities. So im just wondering is my idea POSSIBLE? or no? I dont know what i did, the font is blue. Help.
Yes its possible, but would be inaccurate for a few reasons, and the same reasons MTS doesn't show you your hourly. Tracking multi-tabbing HITs would be a pain. People letting HITs sit would also artificially increase completion times. Self reporting would be just as accurate IMO.
Fixed it.
Choose none for color so it looks right on dark theme.

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Taco Tuesday

SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE HERE
Reaction score
Yes its possible, but would be inaccurate for a few reasons, and the same reasons MTS doesn't show you your hourly. Tracking multi-tabbing HITs would be a pain. People letting HITs sit would also artificially increase completion times. Self reporting would be just as accurate IMO.

Choose none for color so it looks right on dark theme.
I get what you mean. I just hate going on like hit notifier and trying to figure out if i have enough time to complete a hit if i add it to my turkmaster and ill add like 15 at a time but try to stagger them by how short a timer they have or whatever. Sometimes people done say how long it took them or, and this is usually what happens, people will say it only took them like 5 or 10 mins and i will still be going strong 30 mins in wondering how the hell you guys finished it so fast. I guess that was the same as my idea tho about self reporting how long it took. OOOH wait, what if it was a script that looked at mturkcrowd, turkernation, etc. and when people post a hit and then they put how long it took them underneath, this script would grab that info, and list it with the hit, kind of like how the auto-approval time is?? Or no?

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I get what you mean. I just hate going on like hit notifier and trying to figure out if i have enough time to complete a hit if i add it to my turkmaster and ill add like 15 at a time but try to stagger them by how short a timer they have or whatever. Sometimes people done say how long it took them or, and this is usually what happens, people will say it only took them like 5 or 10 mins and i will still be going strong 30 mins in wondering how the hell you guys finished it so fast. I guess that was the same as my idea tho about self reporting how long it took. OOOH wait, what if it was a script that looked at mturkcrowd, turkernation, etc. and when people post a hit and then they put how long it took them underneath, this script would grab that info, and list it with the hit, kind of like how the auto-approval time is?? Or no?
HN could do that natively but I chose not for various reasons. A script that does it wouldn't be all that hard to make (depending on how good you are at js/jq).

sundaysetsashes

burn down something beautiful
Reaction score
you would still be relying on people self reporting. if no one did it, the script would show nothing.

Reactions: Jharkan

Kessikitty

Issac the Todd
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't wait until colleges are back in session....Need those surveys~

Taco Tuesday

SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE HERE
Reaction score
you would still be relying on people self reporting. if no one did it, the script would show nothing.
True but think about how many people are on mturk all day long. I take a second to add my time however long it took me to a hit in the hopes that someone else was nice enough to do it on a hit I hadn't completed yet and I could see how long it would take before accepting it. Of course it would be understood that the times might not be super accurate or anything, but still when you have a few hits stacked up in your queue with different timers and lengths to complete them, sometimes it works out better if you plan ahead and figure out which ones would need done be done first, which if you could look at this hypothetical "real-time completion time" we've been talking about, that can really help.

Taco Tuesday

SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE HERE
Reaction score
HN could do that natively but I chose not for various reasons. A script that does it wouldn't be all that hard to make (depending on how good you are at js/jq).
you made hit notifier!! Wow thats crazy. You should have seen how damn proud i was to get my code to say the time in the right format with the " : " in the right spot, i thought i was a genius and bragged for days haha and you made all that stuff!? Thats hard, you are really smart seriously.

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
you made hit notifier!! Wow thats crazy. You should have seen how damn proud i was to get my code to say the time in the right format with the " : " in the right spot, i thought i was a genius and bragged for days haha and you made all that stuff!? Thats hard, you are really smart seriously.
Thanks. MTS (by far) and HF were both harder for me. HN is just a few GET requests and sockets.

Reactions: optipfrog

sryan66611

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. MTS (by far) and HF were both harder for me. HN is just a few GET requests and sockets.
:) I remember the days when you were making GUI from AHK for Crowdsource Classify A Product Question :LOL:

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
:) I remember the days when you were making GUI from AHK for Crowdsource Classify A Product Question :LOL:
That is still my pinnacle creation with AHK.

sryan66611

Contributor
Reaction score
That is still my pinnacle creation with AHK.
Those were the days... Until they stopped letting use do them. I think they are still around though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.