01/05 - Theatrical Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

Also join the discord if you want! We have a lot of people on it already but could use more.

If you have a theme that you want to see, title-wise, video-wise, etc. for the new thread I would like to hear suggestions! http://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/daily-thread-ideas.1250/

Reactions: jklmnop

LostMaeblleshire

Reaction score
Title: NEW Auditory Perception Experiment! (possible BONUS $1.75 for total of $2.00 in ~10-15 mins) | PANDA
Requester: McDermott Experiments [A19YWY6E1CP566] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 2.81 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.12 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.14 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.23 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 111
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: Bonus $1.75 awarded for good performance (see preview for pay scheme)! Make judgments about sounds (e.g., are two sounds the same or different?)
Time: 30 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.25
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 50; Location is one of: CA, US; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95

Looks like they've got new, slightly less annoying sounds now. Took me about ten minutes.

onioro

Reaction score
Title: NEW Auditory Perception Experiment! (possible BONUS $1.75 for total of $2.00 in ~10-15 mins) | PANDA
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 3.12 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.14 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.23 Promptness
Description: Bonus $1.75 awarded for good performance (see preview for pay scheme)! Make judgments about sounds (e.g., are two sounds the same or different?)
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 50; Location is one of: CA, US; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95

Looks like they've got new, slightly less annoying sounds now. Took me about ten minutes.
tooting away.

12 min for me.

Reactions: LostMaeblleshire

Taco Tuesday

SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE HERE
Reaction score
ugh who else is still awake tryin to make some money.....it has been a decent day on mturk not the best or anything but ive had worse

Reactions: Deleted member 526
D

Deleted member 526

ugh who else is still awake tryin to make some money.....it has been a decent day on mturk not the best or anything but ive had worse
me. I'm sort of motivated because I had a good day yesterday. I agree not much out there but some things here and there.

Taco Tuesday

SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE HERE
Reaction score
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 3.12 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.14 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.23 Promptness

Did you do that one a few days ago about learning part of a new language? omg They kept yelling "GAH! GAH! GEH! GEH! FEG! FEG!" etc for literally 20 mins straight. ill take those beep-boop melodies(robot music) over that shit anyday

Reactions: onioro

tempo

Contributor
Reaction score
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 3.12 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.14 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.23 Promptness

I think I am going to receive my first rejection ever. It autosubmitted right away, I didn't even get a chance to get past demographics. Emailed them but I am heartbroken already :(.

Taco Tuesday

SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE HERE
Reaction score
me. I'm sort of motivated because I had a good day yesterday. I agree not much out there but some things here and there.
I swear its always when im working on one with a really short timer so I barely have time to finish it let alone breath in another direction, and then BLAM all the requesters decide to upload their HITS and im just like noooooooo! by the time I finish and turn it in so i can try to accept some new ones they are always gone for the rest of the day. RIP Lottery decision making study for $2 or some shit. I miss you.

Reactions: Deleted member 526

onioro

Reaction score
Did you do that one a few days ago about learning part of a new language? omg They kept yelling "GAH! GAH! GEH! GEH! FEG! FEG!" etc for literally 20 mins straight. ill take those beep-boop melodies(robot music) over that shit anyday
LMAO JUST IMAGINING THIS

Taco Tuesday

SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE HERE
Reaction score
I think I am going to receive my first rejection ever. It autosubmitted right away, I didn't even get a chance to get past demographics. Emailed them but I am heartbroken already :(.
I have spent two years on turk and didnt have a single rejection, of course I was barely doing mturk unlike now where i actually try to break minimum wage. Anyways, I have gotten TEN rejections this month alone. I mean two of them are from shady requesters who shouldnt have rejected me and the other 8 are from freaking MATASK like HOWWWW? HOW DID I GET SO MANY WRONG? I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!

Reactions: tempo and Rerun

Taco Tuesday

SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE HERE
Reaction score
LMAO JUST IMAGINING THIS
haha my neighbor thought i was having a seizure or something on the back porch where i was and those noises were the result of said seizure haha. I swear some stuff on here is so weird.

LostMaeblleshire

Reaction score
Ha! I didn't see that one. I've just done loads of their old ones where the two voices just go, "eh eeeeeeooooooohhhhhhooooiiii" endlessly.

This happened to me once with them, and they approved me anyway a couple days later, though they didn't reply to my email. Hopefully the same happens for you!

Reactions: onioro and tempo

Taco Tuesday

SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE HERE
Reaction score
Ha! I didn't see that one. I've just done loads of their old ones where the two voices just go, "eh eeeeeeooooooohhhhhhooooiiii" endlessly.

This happened to me once with them, and they approved me anyway a couple days later, though they didn't reply to my email. Hopefully the same happens for you!
hahaha yea I have done those too! I dont really see how that teaches anyone how to learn languages. GASP!!! omg thats how babies learn(with the GEE's and all the GAH's and FEG's and whatnot) i just realized that aww cute!

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Investigating Semantic Representations(~ 20 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Dermot Lynott [A325L0H6Q5L71I] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 4.47] [Fair: 4.60] [Comm: 3.40] [Fast: 4.64] [Reviews: 18] [ToS: 0]
Description:
A multiple choice survey about common words
Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.75
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1; Location In US;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.1.11

Reactions: tempo

tempo

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, that's good to know that I am not the only. Thank you! :D

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Classify and mark the difference(s) between 2 pages | PANDA
Requester: OCMP46 [A3KBDY419U5YK2] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Compare two pages and find difference
Time: 20 minutes
HITs Available: 26
Reward: $0.08
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 5000; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 98; M&A Announcements is not less than 90;
HIT Finder Database last saw this HIT on Wed Jan 04 2017 12:08:22 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.1.13
export looks like this ^

sryan66611

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Classify and mark the difference(s) between 2 pages | PANDA
Requester: OCMP46 [A3KBDY419U5YK2] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Compare two pages and find difference
Time: 20 minutes
HITs Available: 26
Reward: $0.08
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 5000; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 98; M&A Announcements is not less than 90;

HIT Finder Database last saw this HIT on Wed Jan 04 2017 12:08:22 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.1.13
export looks like this ^

is this telling me the last time I did them or the last time it was posted?

Status
Not open for further replies.