01/05 - Superhero Sunday!

Will you watch the Super Bowl?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
So, my daughter's ride home from school changed from an administrator/parent to an almost 17 year old boy.

Do I let him drive (he will have one other teen in car).

He's responsible and has been driving with his mother for a year (daily). He lives up a dangerous mountain (we don't, we're at base of mountain), so he has practice in ice and snow.

Or does she take 1 hour bus ride and I meet her every afternoon.................here in town.

:o_o:
It would be hard for me to let her do that I totally get the struggle. Could she maybe do it a few times a week only?

• Grimacing
Reactions: jan

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
She could.
My daughter is like, he's a very experienced driver and I'm like.....

:shoot:
As a parent of 3 grown children, I say let her ride with him. At least you know the boy and his abilities. You won't always have that option. Once my kids started in band, ect. I had to let go even though it was hard. :nailbiting: I would agree with the few times a week but once you let them once, then they say, "What mom, you think if I only ride with him M-W-F, he will only get only get in an accident T-Th".

jan

Reaction score
As a parent of 3 grown children, I say let her ride with him. At least you know the boy and his abilities. You won't always have that option. Once my kids started in band, ect. I had to let go even though it was hard. :nailbiting: I would agree with the few times a week but once you let them once, then they say, "What mom, you think if I only ride with him M-W-F, he will only get only get in an accident T-Th".
He's a nice kid and it's straight home (though not a super quick ride, it's about 35 minutes to the house via interstate).

I'm inclined to say yes, too. :sofa:

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
He's a nice kid and it's straight home (though not a super quick ride, it's about 35 minutes to the house via interstate).

I'm inclined to say yes, too. :sofa:
I have watched you post about your daughter for several years and she sounds responsible and you sound like an involved parent. I am sure you will make the best decision even if the only manicure you will be getting for awhile is you chewing off your own fingernails. :wink:

orchardstreet

Reaction score
Do we have to set up automatic bank transfers instead of the regular manual requesting, and if so does anyone know by what date?

Thx!

JanetW

working and turking
Contributor
Survey Slayer
Reaction score
So, my daughter's ride home from school changed from an administrator/parent to an almost 17 year old boy.

Do I let him drive (he will have one other teen in car).

He's responsible and has been driving with his mother for a year (daily). He lives up a dangerous mountain (we don't, we're at base of mountain), so he has practice in ice and snow.

Or does she take 1 hour bus ride and I meet her every afternoon.................here in town.

:o_o:
Very tough question! I would maybe see how he does without her for a bit, but I'm sure she won't like that at all.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Create 150 characters text about Premature ejacuation experience | PANDA
Requester: Alexey Kuznetsov [A2IO2MM262K6ZZ] (Req TV): $10.74/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Please write unique text about Premature ejacuation experience. It should be over 150 characters.
Time: 26 minutes(s) 40 seconds(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.12
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US;

Good morning to you too turk.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Academic Survey with Bonus(~ 18 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Mary Marshall [A3DJ6L4ULI47IZ] (Req TV): $16.56/hr/hr
Description:
The survey includes two parts -- a simulated task and a questionnaire
Time: 50 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 19
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Exc: [190552-189963] DoesNotExist ; TP Panel: 409821619 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;

vaxxine

Reaction score
Reactions: ekkirksey

vaxxine

Reaction score
Do we have to set up automatic bank transfers instead of the regular manual requesting, and if so does anyone know by what date?

Thx!
Yes, we need to switch to the new payment scheme by Jan 15. We have the option of Amazon gift cards... or direct deposit into a bank account. You can add a bank account during the switch (acct # and routing #). We also select our preferred payment schedule: 3 days, 7 days, etc.

ekkirksey

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: A 10 minute experiment about decision making processes | PANDA
Requester: Merav Yonah [AM1OJCEP0CKHO]
TurkerView: [ $33.31 / hour ]
Description: This is a short academic experiment about decision making behaviors
Duration: 30 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications:
  • Completed My Survey Already DoesNotExist
[31H4HIBPABGXTE4PZR0JK88AG825H6]

Took about 7 minutes, pretty good hourly.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Survey: Interacting with a Stranger(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: UCLA CDS [A3RNEJ2KFIBKVS] (Req TV): $10.00/hr/hr
Description:
Your participation in this study will take ~5-10 minutes and help us learn more about how people interact with strangers.
Time: 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.70
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Exc: [188630-188041] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

Status
Not open for further replies.