01/05 - Startling Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
Joined 2 days ago on MTurk, I am from India. I have few questions.
- Is MTurk more based for people staying in US? (Maximum hits which are paying decently are only for location based in US)
- My max target is not more than $10, but how do I achieve it on daily basis? (Main issue I faced is location for most hits)
- Should I currently focus on completing 1000 Hits first or focus on paying hits?
Just to add, I think the hits that you won't get - are the survey hits. Many of them target US workers. What you will get are batch HITS. So, if you can make those work for you (and are good at hunting for hits!) then you'll do fine.

FWIW, batches usually earn more money than surveys - they are just harder to find and 'learn' (there is often a learning curve, to make them reasonable - in terms of $

ETA: You want to get to 1,000 - that will help, somewhat. But be careful and don't get so many rejections that you can't accept hits (if you go under 98% you will be very limited. Most turkers are over 99%). So, the trick is to do safe HITS, until you have so many accepted and approved, that you can take some risks.

Last edited:

Kamalani

Reaction score
Few easy bucks for you masters out there

Title: Search Google and record title of first result | PANDA
Requester: Jon Manzi [A330D69BP75D6M] (Req TV): N/A
(TO): [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 0.00]
Description:
Search Google and record title of first result
Time: 3 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 13
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: Masters Exists ;

Title: Search Google and record title of first result | PANDA
Requester: Jon Manzi [A330D69BP75D6M] (Req TV): N/A
(TO): [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 0.00]
Description:
Search Google and record title of first result
Time: 1 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 7
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: Masters Exists ;
Thanks! That was a nice $4 to start the morning....onto another $16 and then goal met :)

BlurryFace

Antisocial Optimist
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Quick academic survey | PANDA
Requester: MF Kneer [A461N2HFZF54B] (Req TV): $10.61/hr
(TO): [Pay: 3.15] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 3.00] [Fast: 4.86]
Description:
Read a text, answer a few questions
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.31
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;

Reading and 3 mins was good.

jan

Reaction score
Title: Describe a cause and blocking context behind scientific events. | Accept
Requester: Alexandria [A12DWLY5TD1002] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.53] [Pay=4.36] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.46] [Fast=4.63] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=4.77] [Reviews=42] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=8.65] [Pen=0.44 days] [Res=100%] [Rec=80%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 40:00
Available: 13
Description: Describe cause and blocking context between pair of sentences.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 30000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US; qualification-d DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Answer questions about your use of social media | Accept
Requester: Bill Arsenio [A158TQLJTVNVF6] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: Complete questionnaires about your use of social media, subjective well-being, and social support.
Qualifications: Age - 25 - 30 EqualTo 1; Masters Exists
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Time: 04:21 Hourly: $13.77[/td][/tr]

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Consumer privacy concerns on online shopping | Accept
Requester: brooke willis [A3VCN4RV3041O4] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: [Hrly=5.45] [Pen=3.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about consumer information privacy and online retailers
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Time: 04:39 Hourly: $12.88[/td][/tr]

Reactions: Kamalani

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
:wink:

Thanks Sondi @Sondi ! Not bad for a first whack. It's a work in progress.:)
Where/when/how did you learn how to paint?

I've always wanted to learn drawing :) I'm thinking later in the year I'll start working on it as a "monthly challenge" type thing.

I already signed up for a weekly photography challenge starting Sunday and I have my singing and Irish banjo I'm generally working on :ROFL:

jan

Reaction score

I've always wanted to learn drawing :) I'm thinking later in the year I'll start working on it as a "monthly challenge" type thing.

I already signed up for a weekly photography challenge starting Sunday and I have my singing and Irish banjo I'm generally working on :ROFL:

Her voice is so lovely - I've been a big fan over the years :). I had a duet CD that she did years ago (long ruined, as CD's go). But she's awesome.

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Her voice is so lovely - I've been a big fan over the years :). I had a duet CD that she did years ago (long ruined, as CD's go). But she's awesome.
My voice teacher turned me on to her... absolutely amazing (but I get warned that somehow she still makes all those amazing sounds with weird jaw tensions haha)

Just to compare and contrast styles... here's Joyce DiDonato singing the same piece (hers is much more ornamented)

BlurryFace

Antisocial Optimist
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Music Project (2) | PANDA
Requester: Glen Zuska [A1OQOUPPKOU4QJ] (Req TV): N/A
(TO): [Pay: 3.33] [Fair: 3.67] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 3.67]
Description:
Please evaluate the project and report your impressions of it.
Time: 10 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.70
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 85; Location EqualTo US; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1Take Test;

EZ

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Well, I had the same exposure as most kids do with watercolours. They were given too young, with little to no explanation. Obviously, a lot of times, they aren't given very much respect as a medium, just given as a time killer. I had a bit of talent. I could draw really well and, when other more advanced mediums became available, I moved on. I never revisited them. Then, this last year, I was at the dollar store and I saw a cheap(garbage) palette. I got it because it came with a surprisingly good little brush and a bit of paper(also garbage). I realized I had never been taught watercolour properly. So, I took them home. Fooled around a bit and realized that they were horrible. I made a picture that was just okay but, it was very "muddy" and chalky, the paint didn't get into the paper and the paper pilled up. It sucked. So, the next week, I spent about $12 with an A.C. Moore coupon and got a nicer set of paint and some paper, then I went to Walmart and spent $6 and got some brushes and a palette. The rest is history.:p

Jk. I watched a couple of videos so that I could get the information that I had been deprived previously, then I started trying it out. That ocean picture is only my third painting and I haven't finished my second. But, I'll make a list of the stuff I got and the videos that helped. It was about $20 and a couple hours of videos is all I really have invested.:)

Last edited:

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Well, I had the same exposure as most kids do with watercolours. They were given too young, with little to no explanation. Obviously, a lot of times, they aren't given very much respect as a medium, just given as a time killer. I had a bit of talent but, I could draw really well and, when other more advanced mediums became available, I moved on. I never revisited them. Then, this last year, I was at the dollar store and I saw a cheap(garbage) palette. I got it because it came with a surprisingly good little brush and a bit of paper(also garbage). I realized I had never been taught watercolour properly. So, I took them home. Fooled around a bit and realized that they were horrible. I made a picture that was just okay but, it was very "muddy" and chalky, the paint didn't get into the paper and the paper pilled up. It sucked. So, the next week, I spent about $12 with an A.C. Moore coupon and got a nicer set of paint and some paper, then I went to Walmart and spent $6 and got some brushes and a palette. The rest is history.:p

Jk. I watched a couple of videos so that I could get the information that I had been deprived previously, then I started trying it out. That ocean picture is only my third painting and I haven't finished my second. But, I'll make a list of the stuff I got and the videos that helped. It was about $20 and a couple hours of videos is all I really have invested.:)
Ok follow-up how did you learn to draw? Or was it a 'natural talent'/good eye/practice situation?

It's really impressive!

I'm planning on going through the exercises here and I have a random thrift store drawing book to poke into as well

Also you might want to look into James Gurney - he paints in a lot of different styles and literally wrote the book on painting light - I've been a fan of him since I was a kid (Dinotopia books!)

EDIT: by styles I didn't mean styles I meant... watercolor/gouache/etc .... my painting lingo is not the best :p

Last edited:

jan

Reaction score
My voice teacher turned me on to her... absolutely amazing (but I get warned that somehow she still makes all those amazing sounds with weird jaw tensions haha)

Just to compare and contrast styles... here's Joyce DiDonato singing the same piece (hers is much more ornamented)
more ornamental, but less redolent?

I should say, I know nothing about music, really. What I like is narrative. So, I like singers that understand poetry and story. That's why I loved the Bartoli and Terfel duets, it was all about narrative and relationship. That's the timbre that I listen for :)

Status
Not open for further replies.