01/03 - Filthy Friday

Would you fight bare knuckle with someone in a abandoned prison if you got $12,900 for winning?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ekkirksey

Contributor
Reaction score
I have to say that I am not a big fan of the trend of having to do a survey, then fill out the demographics, and then having to do another three or four pages of survey after filling out the demographics. I used to get excited when I got to the demographics section as a sign that I was almost done. I do not enjoy having my emotions toyed with in such a manner.
Is it that Sara C Health News survey? Because I don't usually leave reviews but bout to leave a review for that one.

Wonder why they didn't choose to include a "do you have any comments for us?" section at the end ?

michaelandmeg

Reaction score
Quick Question again from a long time turker who hasn't turked in a long time (years.) I can't recall when the breaks end and start back up. Can anyone here tell me when Amazon Mturk will pick back up from the holiday break? As in much more work be posted?

Reactions: Poisontea

ekkirksey

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about social connections (~8 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Research Study [A3F39VMTAUJF4Z]
TurkerView: [ $101.14 / hour ]
Description: This survey is part of a research project studying social connections. You will be asked to draw from personal experience to answer a mix of multiple choice and free response questions, which should take no more than 8 minutes to complete.
Duration: 120 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications:
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98
  • Location EqualTo US
[3W718UE9EWXDPJN8A4H4MKP1BAZ8KY]

ekkirksey

Contributor
Reaction score
Quick Question again from a long time turker who hasn't turked in a long time (years.) I can't recall when the breaks end and start back up. Can anyone here tell me when Amazon Mturk will pick back up from the holiday break? As in much more work be posted?
Since a lot of the requesters are from universities, it's most busy during semesters. Most graduate research groups start up shortly after the holidays, so it should start picking up next week and then ramp up more towards the middle/end of the month.

Reactions: cb456 and Poisontea

ekkirksey

Contributor
Reaction score
Can I trust a Prolific survey that asks for my name but says they won't store that information? (why do they even ask for it then?)

michaelandmeg

Reaction score
Since a lot of the requesters are from universities, it's most busy during semesters. Most graduate research groups start up shortly after the holidays, so it should start picking up next week and then ramp up more towards the middle/end of the month.
Your response is much appreciated. That confirmed what I suspected. If I remember right from years ago, a lot of the work picked up around the 8th of January, and by the 15th seemed to be back in the swing, or at least 10 years back when I was turking daily. Appreciate the response!

Reactions: ekkirksey
Status
Not open for further replies.