01/02 - Maniacal Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew

Not a bot. I am a girl.
^_^
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

I am a bot and this is an automated daily thread post. If you would like to post a daily thread, just make sure you post it before I do at 12:05 AM PT. Out of a courtesy to others that may wish to make the thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you are making it. The old thread will auto-lock on its own.

You can find more information about how to format a daily thread post here.

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
6 min
SHORT timer
Title: Audio Preference testAccept
Requester: Emmanuel Dupoux [AGFWVPZI4ARPQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.24][Pay=Fair][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.29][Fast=4.00][Comm=3.67][Fair=3.67][Reviews=10][ToS=0]
Reward: $1.00
Duration: 00:07:00
Available: 1
Description: Pick the audio that feels the most natural to you
Qualifications: Location In AU, CA, GB, IE, US; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
read reviews, and use your discernment
Title: Face Discrimination ExperimentAccept
Requester: Perception lab [A2ANE57KZIJGW6] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.29][Pay=Fair][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=0.00][Fast=1.00][Comm=1.00][Fair=1.00][Reviews=1][ToS=0]
Reward: $4.75
Duration: 02:00:00
Description: In each trial of the experiment, 2 morphed faces will be displayed consecutively, and you will be asked to determine which of the 2 faces is most similar to one of two face identities. A training session to learn the 2 facial identities will precede.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Location EqualTo US

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
6 min
SHORT timer
Title: Audio Preference testAccept
Requester: Emmanuel Dupoux [AGFWVPZI4ARPQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.24][Pay=Fair][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.29][Fast=4.00][Comm=3.67][Fair=3.67][Reviews=10][ToS=0]
Reward: $1.00
Duration: 00:07:00
Description: Pick the audio that feels the most natural to you
Qualifications: Location In AU, CA, GB, IE, US; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95
hit broken for me

PandaThief

Reaction score
good morning good people .. Happy New Year! May this new year be filled with joy, prosperity, and all the things that bring you happiness. Here's to a great year ahead!

blackpupjean

Reaction score
good morning good people .. Happy New Year! May this new year be filled with joy, prosperity, and all the things that bring you happiness. Here's to a great year ahead!
LOL, I started the New Year yesterday by slipping and falling flat on my back on the ice. Luckily I was wearing a lot of padding and didn't hurt myself.

PandaThief

Reaction score
LOL, I started the New Year yesterday by slipping and falling flat on my back on the ice. Luckily I was wearing a lot of padding and didn't hurt myself.
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that! I hope you were able to recover quickly and that the rest of your New Year's Day was better. It's always a good idea to be cautious when walking on ice, as it can be slippery and dangerous. I'm glad to hear that you were wearing padding and that you didn't hurt yourself. Here's to a safer and happier new year!

Reactions: HelloHello

blackpupjean

Reaction score
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that! I hope you were able to recover quickly and that the rest of your New Year's Day was better. It's always a good idea to be cautious when walking on ice, as it can be slippery and dangerous. I'm glad to hear that you were wearing padding and that you didn't hurt yourself. Here's to a safer and happier new year!
Yes day got better with that great Packer win over the Vi queens.

PandaThief

Reaction score
Does that EU message apply to americans ? i wouldn't think so

Reactions: JDWFM

cassius

Reaction score
Does that EU message apply to americans ? i wouldn't think so
Handling Bank Accounts and Other Sensitive Data
Financial account data such as bank accounts will need to be shared under DAC7, which brings with it privacy challenges. Any security breach that includes information such as date of birth and bank account numbers can also result in steep penalties in addition to reputational damage. Fetching such sensitive personally identifiable information data usually requires internal approval from the privacy team. As DAC7 requires sharing this data with multiple governments, such procedures must be considered when planning the next data-sharing submissions. The company’s data privacy officer must be kept up to date on all the changes brought about by DAC7.

https://news.bloombergtax.com/daily...-for-digital-platform-operators-as-dac7-looms
https://www.globalvatcompliance.com/globalvatnews/australia-new-gst-rules-from-july-2022/

Click-workGigDigitalAmazon mechanical turk

why isn't prolific getting the message? because they are brit and brit has its own coming next year.
https://taxnews.ey.com/news/2022-0827-uk-delays-reporting-rules-for-digital-platforms?uAlertID=Sd%2FG8rua1oj6%2Fl58EZ2AiA%3D%3D

and if one thinks one is safe in crypto there's dac 8.

here's my questions: If we open and sign this thing does that give amazon the priviledge to send our SS#s, banking info, etc to the EU?
even if we are not affected, does this mean that for every piece of work we do for something in EU, will amazon deduct a "tax" off of the piddly amount we "earn"? or more likely, will amazon just raise the cost to the requestors for that tax and we will see lower paid amounts? suddenly the world powers that be figured out the "Gig" economy is a tax coffer and they've been missing it.

JDWFM

Reaction score
For the person that asked me what island I'll be staying on in Hawaii, it will be Oahu in Waikiki.
That was me! I'm a lifelong surfer, so Oahu is my happy place. If you don't have plans to yet, I HIGHLY recommend making some time to take a trip to the North Shore. The Dole plantation is an interesting tour, Waimea Valley, there's great people, great food, and watching the surfing out there (if you're not doing it yourself) is incredible! Oh, and turtle watching is an incredible experience.

Reactions: HelloHello

PandaThief

Reaction score
Handling Bank Accounts and Other Sensitive Data
Financial account data such as bank accounts will need to be shared under DAC7, which brings with it privacy challenges. Any security breach that includes information such as date of birth and bank account numbers can also result in steep penalties in addition to reputational damage. Fetching such sensitive personally identifiable information data usually requires internal approval from the privacy team. As DAC7 requires sharing this data with multiple governments, such procedures must be considered when planning the next data-sharing submissions. The company’s data privacy officer must be kept up to date on all the changes brought about by DAC7.

https://news.bloombergtax.com/daily...-for-digital-platform-operators-as-dac7-looms
https://www.globalvatcompliance.com/globalvatnews/australia-new-gst-rules-from-july-2022/

Click-workGigDigitalAmazon mechanical turk

why isn't prolific getting the message? because they are brit and brit has its own coming next year.
https://taxnews.ey.com/news/2022-08...l-platforms?uAlertID=Sd/G8rua1oj6/l58EZ2AiA==

and if one thinks one is safe in crypto there's dac 8.

here's my questions: If we open and sign this thing does that give amazon the priviledge to send our SS#s, banking info, etc to the EU?
even if we are not affected, does this mean that for every piece of work we do for something in EU, will amazon deduct a "tax" off of the piddly amount we "earn"? or more likely, will amazon just raise the cost to the requestors for that tax and we will see lower paid amounts? suddenly the world powers that be figured out the "Gig" economy is a tax coffer and they've been missing it.

Amazon would be required to share sensitive financial information with the EU would depend on the specific circumstances and the requirements of DAC7. As for the potential impact on gig economy workers, it's difficult to say without more information. DAC7 could potentially affect gig economy workers if it requires companies that engage with gig workers to disclose certain information about those workers to tax authorities. However, again, the specifics would depend on the specific requirements of DAC7 and how they are implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.