01/02 - Maniacal Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenu

Reaction score
I seriously asked myself now after the New Year holiday, why am I still wasting my time with weak things?

Last edited:

blackpupjean

Reaction score
Cash is how lots avoid taxes. That's why the government wants to track cash, crypto, stock investments, etc. I had to get an exemption from the 10K cash deposit form when I ran a restaurant - I was depositing that several days a week.
One uses our roads, our schools educate one's workers (or the ones that provide goods & services), our military protects our country, cops and firefighters protect us personally, etc. Shouldn't one contribute to the greater good?
Lots of places don't except cash. Kind of dumb. I fact my niece and I just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in WI Dells and some guy wanted to pay in cash and they said they don't except cash. Well what if you don't have a credit or debit card. It's kind of ridiculous. But I guess it also keeps them from getting robbed I guess.

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
Lots of places don't except cash. Kind of dumb. I fact my niece and I just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in WI Dells and some guy wanted to pay in cash and they said they don't except cash. Well what if you don't have a credit or debit card. It's kind of ridiculous. But I guess it also keeps them from getting robbed I guess.
not saying places shouldn't accept cash (actually I'm all for it - NYC has a law that all businesses must accept cash). Just saying we all need to contribute to the common good and am for the gov't cracking down on those who use cash (or crypto or whatever) to evade taxes, yet still want to use our common services

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Join A Quick Research Study -- Judge a Debate!(~ 6 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Christopher Robertson [A1AVVV2K5O13Y0]
TurkerView: [ $23.69 / hour ]
Description: In this study, you will spend a few minutes listening to two debaters on an important policy topic. Who should win the debate? You decide.

Must be able to hear audio.
Duration: 30 Min
Available: 63
Reward: $1.25
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [399962-399373] DoesNotExist
  • rhsnlk98 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90
  • Location In US
[3P6UG6V2571XBUT8A189IT14O8B4NA]

cassius

Reaction score
Cash is how lots avoid taxes. That's why the government wants to track cash, crypto, stock investments, etc. I had to get an exemption from the 10K cash deposit form when I ran a restaurant - I was depositing that several days a week.
One uses our roads, our schools educate one's workers (or the ones that provide goods & services), our military protects our country, cops and firefighters protect us personally, etc. Shouldn't one contribute to the greater good?
If one cashes one's paycheck or draws cash out of debit payment, one's taxes have been taken out. personally, i do not care what people do to survive in this day and time. i claim what i earn and that's what matters to me. if i tip a wait person or the person who does my hair, it's cash and i care not what they do with it. and speaking of taxes, well, in columbus this holiday season, i read of two instances where post persons were held up at gun point. people's cars are broken into all the time and the cops do not care as their hands are tied of what to do about it. that's your tax dollars at work.
a riskier suggestion i've heard is for people to get together in their groups, pay their taxes into an escrow account to avoid government waste. how that would work, i don't know. but it may come to that.

Reactions: HelloHello

cassius

Reaction score
not saying places shouldn't accept cash (actually I'm all for it - NYC has a law that all businesses must accept cash). Just saying we all need to contribute to the common good and am for the gov't cracking down on those who use cash (or crypto or whatever) to evade taxes, yet still want to use our common services
cash is legal tender. i believe it IS against the law to refuse it. i know that places are trying to do that as are stadiums and other playgrounds. but hey, if that's the case they don't need my money. again, CASH is LEGAL tender. and many places are giving discounts for people who use it. that digital prison door is closing and when it does, well, good luck.

Reactions: HelloHello

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
If one cashes one's paycheck or draws cash out of debit payment, one's taxes have been taken out. personally, i do not care what people do to survive in this day and time. i claim what i earn and that's what matters to me. if i tip a wait person or the person who does my hair, it's cash and i care not what they do with it. and speaking of taxes, well, in columbus this holiday season, i read of two instances where post persons were held up at gun point. people's cars are broken into all the time and the cops do not care as their hands are tied of what to do about it. that's your tax dollars at work.
a riskier suggestion i've heard is for people to get together in their groups, pay their taxes into an escrow account to avoid government waste. how that would work, i don't know. but it may come to that.
Umm, do you guys have fire trucks?

Police DO respond - but they are understaffed and generally underpaid. That's not a reason for evading taxes. It's not taking your paycheck out in cash, it's people (businesses) accepting it and not claiming it. It's not the barber/hairstylist or server that is the problem, it's businesses laundering it. Fire departments are understaffed as well. I routinely worked 100 hour weeks.

A pick in firefighter parlance is pulling someone out of a burning building. I have 6. A life according to insurance companies is worth 11 or 12 million dollars roughly. My pay over 29 years is about 2 or 3 percent of that. Does that sound like government waste? That's not counting the 10K car crashes I've been to where I helped people, the 200K squad runs, the umpteen other calls I've been on.

I worked 9/11 as a fire lieutenant. I was at ground zero for 10 days searching. Is that government waste?

Please don't drive on our roads if you think it's all government waste :). Mind you, government paid for the platform we're talking on right now

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
cash is legal tender. i believe it IS against the law to refuse it. i know that places are trying to do that as are stadiums and other playgrounds. but hey, if that's the case they don't need my money. again, CASH is LEGAL tender. and many places are giving discounts for people who use it. that digital prison door is closing and when it does, well, good luck.
Businesses generally have the right to determine how they take payment. Your freedom to pay cash should not infringe on my right to determine how I take payment

cassius

Reaction score
Umm, do you guys have fire trucks?

Police DO respond - but they are understaffed and generally underpaid. That's not a reason for evading taxes. It's not taking your paycheck out in cash, it's people (businesses) accepting it and not claiming it. It's not the barber/hairstylist or server that is the problem, it's businesses laundering it. Fire departments are understaffed as well. I routinely worked 100 hour weeks.

A pick in firefighter parlance is pulling someone out of a burning building. I have 6. A life according to insurance companies is worth 11 or 12 million dollars roughly. My pay over 29 years is about 2 or 3 percent of that. Does that sound like government waste? That's not counting the 10K car crashes I've been to where I helped people, the 200K squad runs, the umpteen other calls I've been on.

I worked 9/11 as a fire lieutenant. I was at ground zero for 10 days searching. Is that government waste?

Please don't drive on our roads if you think it's all government waste :). Mind you, government paid for the platform we're talking on right now
wait - can you please tell me who is evading taxes? the stock market is a huge money laundering object if you want to go into money laundering. but let's not get into politics here. if departments are understaffed then where did the money go that could have given more money to those departments? could it be that folks are tired of voting in increases on these because they are taxed out? many of the businesses out there that we use are financed through money laundering. there is so much illegal drug money out there that it has to go somewhere and much of that is "laundered" by running it through business that pay taxes. smart drug dealers know not to live above their means of the money they want to appear to spend. so, that's what they pay taxes on. but they don't drive around in a lincoln continental unless they want to get caught by the IRS unless they've paid taxes to be driving around in that lincoln when a honda or toyota will do.

perhaps this is enough discussion on who's using cash. cash spends. that why we use it. it does protect us, yes. but at the present if we take out of our banks more than 10,000 or put in more than 10,000 it's going to be reported regardless. if you want to argue underground economy this is not the place for that. and underground economies have always and will always exist. it's how people survive.

cassius

Reaction score
Businesses generally have the right to determine how they take payment. Your freedom to pay cash should not infringe on my right to determine how I take payment
nor should your right to use a debit or charge card interfere with my right to use cash. i do not do business with those that do not accept cash. as are many people refusing to do business with them these days. ever watch a merchant's face light up when you want to pay cash? did you ever sit down and figure out how much that business is paying for using charge and debit cards? you want robbery. that's robbery from our banks who take huge chunks from these businesses for the use of those cards. for me, it begins to feel like i'm cheating that merchant by not paying in cash. and stores who had employees, young ones, who didn't know how to count out cash change, now have employees who CAN count out cash change because people are using cash.

Last edited:

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
nor should your right to use a debit or charge card interfere with my right to use cash. i do not do business with those that do not accept cash. as are many people refusing to do business with them these days. ever watch a merchant's face light up when you want to pay cash? did you ever sit down and figure out how much that business is paying for using charge and debit cards? you want robbery. that's robbery from our banks who take huge chunks from these businesses for the use of those cards. for me, it begins to feel like i'm cheating that merchant by not paying in cash. and stores who had employees, young ones, who didn't know how to count out cash change, now have employees who CAN count out cash change because people are using cash.
It's Jefferson's old line - your right to throw your fist stops before my nose. If a business doesn't want to accept cash - that's fine. Don't go there. It's a two way street

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
wait - can you please tell me who is evading taxes? the stock market is a huge money laundering object if you want to go into money laundering. but let's not get into politics here. if departments are understaffed then where did the money go that could have given more money to those departments? could it be that folks are tired of voting in increases on these because they are taxed out? many of the businesses out there that we use are financed through money laundering. there is so much illegal drug money out there that it has to go somewhere and much of that is "laundered" by running it through business that pay taxes. smart drug dealers know not to live above their means of the money they want to appear to spend. so, that's what they pay taxes on. but they don't drive around in a lincoln continental unless they want to get caught by the IRS unless they've paid taxes to be driving around in that lincoln when a honda or toyota will do.

perhaps this is enough discussion on who's using cash. cash spends. that why we use it. it does protect us, yes. but at the present if we take out of our banks more than 10,000 or put in more than 10,000 it's going to be reported regardless. if you want to argue underground economy this is not the place for that. and underground economies have always and will always exist. it's how people survive.
the problem is not the underground economy, it's people wanting Cadillac service for Yugo prices.

There's an old axiom on the FD - we're overpaid until your mom goes into cardiac arrest or your house is on fire.

cassius

Reaction score
It's Jefferson's old line - your right to throw your fist stops before my nose. If a business doesn't want to accept cash - that's fine. Don't go there. It's a two way street
wow. just because i want to use cash? wow.

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
the problem is not the underground economy, it's people wanting Cadillac service for Yugo prices.

There's an old axiom on the FD - we're overpaid until your mom goes into cardiac arrest or your house is on fire.
also, who's laundering money in the stock market? We can discuss those who trade should pay more/less, but stock market trades are reported with your gains/losses every year. And if you give cash to your stockbroker over 10K, that gets reported too

Status
Not open for further replies.