WORKER IS COMING! Discussion Mega Thread!

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
woot! it wasn't problematic or anything but i did wonder what it was!

Reactions: carbonmonoxyd

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Hi, for people using Hitfinder, on Friday so we think that it'll be switched over to pull fromt he new site? I mean, I've switched my settings to the worker site, but my hits still come from the old site right now. I though someone said they thought the plan was that it was being worked on. Does anyone have any news about it? Am I missing something?

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Hi, for people using Hitfinder, on Friday so we think that it'll be switched over to pull fromt he new site? I mean, I've switched my settings to the worker site, but my hits still come from the old site right now. I though someone said they thought the plan was that it was being worked on. Does anyone have any news about it? Am I missing something?
The HITs come from Worker, they just point to Www since that was the most used site. MTS HF will be good to go by Friday, the userscript will not.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
The HITs come from Worker, they just point to Www since that was the most used site. MTS HF will be good to go by Friday, the userscript will not.
Hey there :) great, thank you very much. (Not sure I know what the userscript is, but pretty happy to hear about HF.)

Reactions: <Gucci>

SalvadorZombie

The Jon Moxley of Mturk
Reaction score
Is this why the Worker URL for Finder isn't working? I've been trying it on and off all day and nothing.

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Current progress and updates

MTS:

Every feature from MTurk Suite may not work while if your account is still being fully migrated over to Worker. Expect updates scattered throughout the weekend while bugs get fixed and features tweaked.
HIT Finder and HIT Tracker are the next things to be updated. HIT Finder was updated just enough to limp along for a few hours. HIT Finder (Legacy) was untouched as it is being removed. It will ask if you want to import your include/blocklist from the legacy version when legacy is removed.
Requester Review coloring will be coming over the weekend.
TL;DR be patient as things will actively be updated and fixed.

TurkMaster:

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/4771-turkmaster-mturk

2017-12-13 - Updated to support the new worker site. There may be a few minor issues when using Turkmaster with the new site but wanted to have something usable before the cutoff on Dec. 15th
and a note for everyone - your old watchers will get imported to the new TM on the worker site but won't work. you should set up new watchers using the new site and TM will work on the new site

PandaCrazy

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/19168-jr-mturk-panda-crazy

New Worker mturk site url: https://worker.mturk.com/?filters[search_term]=pandacrazy=on
MTurk HIT Database Mk.II

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/11733-mturk-hit-database-mk-ii

It is my understanding that this will be updated, but not before the forced changeover.

----------

Last edited:

DCI

Reaction score
The more I use the new worker site, the more that I hate it. It resets filter preferences every time a new search page is loaded. It does a bunch of useless and buggy redirecting, and the restrictions on grabbing hits are terrible. I dunno how it's possible to spend so much time on something and end up with a product that's a downgrade from one of the most outdated sites on the internet, but apparently it's possible.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Is there anymore information about AA on worker, or have they decided to not let us see it at all anymore?

Serial Mom

I’m smiling…that alone should scare you.
Contributor
Reaction score
kryss @kryss this is showing aa on the new site, is this going to disappear?

Reactions: Squatty

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Reactions: Jaded

Serial Mom

I’m smiling…that alone should scare you.
Contributor
Reaction score
It's pulling it from www and also saving it, so if you view that hit again on worker you'll have the AA. Unless amazon screws up and makes the AA available somewhere, they're not planning on having it known.
damnit! I was trying, lol!

Reactions: Jaded