What does HIT Scraper, Turkmaster, or your other favorite scripts lack?

thetroll

Reaction score
I'm working on a new sort of project, which I plan to eventually share with the community, but I'm also looking for some ideas. My idea draws on the ideas found in scripts such as HIT Scraper and Turkmaster, but I'm also looking for other ideas to enhance the worker experience.

A short list of examples:
- Better CAPTCHA notifications in Turkmaster - I cannot tell you how many times I've had PANDAs running in TM, and an hour passing, before I realize that my PANDAs aren't running because I hit a CAPTCHA 45 minutes ago. Since TM doesn't always alert you when you hit a CAPTCHA (such as when the active tab is not on MTurk, it doesn't notify you of the CAPTCHA).

- Auto-clearing watchers from Turkmaster - If you set a lot of watchers in TM, and you don't keep up with them (clearing them when they're caught, clearing at the end of each day, etc.), clearing all those watchers can be a pain.

- Better filtering for HIT Scraper - HIT Scraper is great, and there are very few things I can think of to improve on it. However, one thing is the HIT filtering for HITs like private error HITs for surveys. How many times have you heard HS ding, and go to grab that new HIT, only to find out it was just a HIT uploaded for 'Worker with AXXXXXXXXX only'?

I've only included examples of HIT Scraper and Turkmaster because they're a couple of the only scripts I use that really help with finding work. I've already begun implementing a lot of the ideas I have into my project, but this is where you guys come in.

If you have any ideas on how to improve the scripts that you use, I would really love to hear them.

P.S. I've avoided adding too much information about my project for now, so as not to build up any unnecessary hype. When the time is right, I'll reveal more information, but for right now, I'm just looking to get ideas and feedback from my fellow MTurkers, to see how you feel your MTurk or script experience could be improved.

P.S.S. I'm posting this on various other forums, and Reddit. I'm looking for a wide variety of problems/solutions, so if you see this elsewhere, that's why. :wink: