User Art! All mediums welcome.

Serial Mom

I’m smiling…that alone should scare you.
Contributor
Reaction score
Working on a bowtruckle for my SD. Here's the progress so far:

I didn't have any sculpey clay in greens/yellow, so this translucent white will have to do for now, and I'll paint it. To see my process as I went, my gallery for this is on imgur at http://imgur.com/a/MXbHi

Reactions: WalkingEmphasis

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice! Not sure I'd ever be able to pull off painting a city! I feel like I can only do kind of weird things. lol
Yours are great! I wish I could do that. Last time I tried to describe what happens when I paint Metallica @Janthir said I made him feel like he was on drugs or something lol
<----and this (which I hope is pointing at my avatar)
which, I don't know what it is, fun with paintshop, but better than the mess I make with paint I guess.
edit: also I thought this thread was from like today. lol

Last edited:

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
oops quoted myself instead of edited. i should go back to sleep maybe.

Last edited:

Serial Mom

I’m smiling…that alone should scare you.
Contributor
Reaction score
working on one today for fun. I can share it in real time, since it's not for a client.

[SPOILER="background set"
][/SPOILER]

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey I had a question, my kids got into my watercolor pencils. I want new ones as I seriously need to do something besides work all day everyday. I have to work as much as i can, but this is getting ridiculous.

The question: I was sure I had prisma watercolor pencils at some point. Do they make the regular and watercolor? Does anyone do the watercolor stuff? I paint but just need something easier to deal with, like easier to clean up etc (I make big messes with anything possible) Oh yeah and I downloaded an awesome book that shows colored pencil and watercolor techniques I didn't know about and are incredible.

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey I had a question, my kids got into my watercolor pencils. I want new ones as I seriously need to do something besides work all day everyday. I have to work as much as i can, but this is getting ridiculous.

The question: I was sure I had prisma watercolor pencils at some point. Do they make the regular and watercolor? Does anyone do the watercolor stuff? I paint but just need something easier to deal with, like easier to clean up etc (I make big messes with anything possible) Oh yeah and I downloaded an awesome book that shows colored pencil and watercolor techniques I didn't know about and are incredible.
http://www.prismacolor.com/products/colored-pencils/watercolor They have everything! :)

What book is it that you downloaded?

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.prismacolor.com/products/colored-pencils/watercolor They have everything! :)

What book is it that you downloaded?
There's Drawing with Colored Pencils, (so that's original) and Drawing realistic portraits with colored pencil.
The first, i have never used a blender or burnisher or anything, which Im sure you have, anyway it shows stuff like that, what paper and what erasers to use with what etc. The 2nd...i just love drawing people. Somehow i combined the two in my head, forgot they were 2 separate books lol oh here's an eye screen-shot from the first book, it gives the steps, I love drawing eyes.

And thanks! Amazon is starting to become a bad habit, I will check their site out tomorrow, that looks like it will be much more helpful.