Two Truths and a Lie

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I had an epidural with 3 of mine, but it only worked with one because of scar tissue in my lower back that the anesthetist didn't work around.
I don't like to tell my birth stories because people usually think I'm crazy/exaggerating/bragging... but errrrrlady has her own birth path! Mine were both relatively easy/quick and I wouldn't trade them (and I know I'm a lucky one)!

Hahaha! To be fair, it is the perfect name for that situation. Or was it his name prior to it happening? That would be even crazier.
I don't think it was? I don't think they owned another cat for awhile after that one, haha.

Reactions: minkyboodle

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
Alright, since Merrylou is a supreme liar and the game is at a stand still, I'm going to post one.

-I once climbed a mountain in nothing but my underwear.
- Despite the fact that I'm really clumsy, I've never broken a bone
-When I was 14, a New York Times Best Selling Author contacted me to demand that I apologize for calling one of his characters "A whiny, obnoxious bitch"

Reactions: MerryLou

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
You might be a better liar Lepi @Lepi .... I'll guess 2 because I want the others to be true!

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
Hahaha... and MerryLou @MerryLou is correct!

I broke one of my toes in 6th grade.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
I demand deets on #3.

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
Hahaha...

Alright. The author was Terry Goodkind (He wrote the Sword of Truth Series... they are moderately popular fantasy novels. They briefly had this god-awful TV show on ABC called "Legend of the Seeker")

I used to hang out on Prophets Inc, which was the "Official" website for the series. Goodkind wasn't particularly computer-oriented, but friends of his ran the site and he would keep up with what was posted on there and would respond indirectly from time to time via the administrative staff- basically if there was any content that he really didn't like, he'd ask the admins to remove it and send a private message about why it wasn't the sort of thing that belonged on the site.

At one point, a bunch of people were talking about various characters and stuff, and someone went off about how great the main female character in the series was. I responded that she wasn't that great... she was poorly developed, kind of unlikable, and EXCEPTIONALLY whiny. I finished it by calling her a "Whiny, obnoxious bitch."

A few hours later, my post had vanished, and I had a private message in my in box from one of the administrators. Apparently Goodkind had read the post and found it offensive, and had the admins remove it and issue me a warning. He was also DEMANDING A FORMAL APOLOGY before I was allowed to post on the site any more. Years later a friend asked about it at a meet and greet, and he admitted that he was "really defensive over that kind of stuff" and didn't think it was appropriate for people to "Insult his characters on his own forum" and expected apologies from people when they were "Really disrespectful".

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
Hahaha...

Alright. The author was Terry Goodkind (He wrote the Sword of Truth Series... they are moderately popular fantasy novels. They briefly had this god-awful TV show on ABC called "Legend of the Seeker")

I used to hang out on Prophets Inc, which was the "Official" website for the series. Goodkind wasn't particularly computer-oriented, but friends of his ran the site and he would keep up with what was posted on there and would respond indirectly from time to time via the administrative staff- basically if there was any content that he really didn't like, he'd ask the admins to remove it and send a private message about why it wasn't the sort of thing that belonged on the site.

At one point, a bunch of people were talking about various characters and stuff, and someone went off about how great the main female character in the series was. I responded that she wasn't that great... she was poorly developed, kind of unlikable, and EXCEPTIONALLY whiny. I finished it by calling her a "Whiny, obnoxious bitch."

A few hours later, my post had vanished, and I had a private message in my in box from one of the administrators. Apparently Goodkind had read the post and found it offensive, and had the admins remove it and issue me a warning. He was also DEMANDING A FORMAL APOLOGY before I was allowed to post on the site any more. Years later a friend asked about it at a meet and greet, and he admitted that he was "really defensive over that kind of stuff" and didn't think it was appropriate for people to "Insult his characters on his own forum" and expected apologies from people when they were "Really disrespectful".
hahahaha, holy shit, that is better than I'd imagined.

Reactions: KittyRaces

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll go again.

• I'm blurbed on the publisher's page for a book by one of my favourite authors.
  • My mom walked in on me during my first time.
  • During said first time, Pearl Jam's cover of Baba O'Riley (teenage waaaaaaaaaaasteland) was playing.

KittyRaces

lengthening my shitlist by the minute
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll go again.

• I'm blurbed on the publisher's page for a book by one of my favourite authors.
  • My mom walked in on me during my first time.
  • During said first time, Pearl Jam's cover of Baba O'Riley (teenage waaaaaaaaaaasteland) was playing.
umm... #3?

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I shouldn't guess... But I have to say 3, because no one is cool enough to play music their first time, and therfore uncool enough to have their mom walk in on them.

Aw damn Kitty beat me

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
Since someone already guessed the one I would normally guess, I'm going to guess number 2.

Cause I think it was actually your dad.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
Lepi @Lepi wins!

There was actually a mix tape he'd made me with another song I'll go post in the music thread. No one walked in, he was older, it was at his house.

Here's the flattering blurb if anyone is interested.

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
Sweet. Let's see...

- I can't tell time on an analog clock
- I lost my first spelling bee because I couldn't spell "energy"
- I can tie a cherry stem in to a knot with my tongue

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
Sweet. Let's see...

- I can't tell time on an analog clock
- I can tie a cherry stem in to a knot with my tongue

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Lepi @Lepi wins!

There was actually a mix tape he'd made me with another song I'll go post in the music thread. No one walked in, he was older, it was at his house.

Here's the flattering blurb if anyone is interested.

I was gonna say how cool you were for having music on for the first time, but then I went and listened to the music you posted and Christ Almighty, no you do not get cool points. Sorry.... Bahahahaha

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
Nope, that one is true. I really can't deal with analog clocks.

Nope. I put an extra e in it. Energey. Came in third overall.
WELL SHIT, THEN IT WAS THE CHERRY STEM, I WIN!

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
Fuck it.

• I dated a guy for six months believing he was Australian when he was really from a shitty little town in inland SoCal.
  • I went to State in the Spelling Bee in seventh grade, but can't remember the word I was eliminated on.
  • On my friend's 18th birthday, I almost got into a fist fight with the lead singer of a third wave ska band.

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Fuck it.

• I dated a guy for six months believing he was Australian when he was really from a shitty little town in inland SoCal.
  • I went to State in the Spelling Bee in seventh grade, but can't remember the word I was eliminated on.
  • On my friend's 18th birthday, I almost got into a fist fight with the lead singer of a third wave ska band.
Lies

On my friend's 18th birthday, I almost got into a fist fight with the lead singer of a third wave ska band.