Show me yo foods

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Crappyish pics, but I did a cold 'noodle bar' last night for dinner with soba, tons of veggies, peanut sauce, and gochujang sauce - I'm excited to eat it again for lunch today! Plus my toddler sat and munched on red cabbage for about 15 minutes last night - I think because he liked the color, so that's a win.

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
Crappyish pics, but I did a cold 'noodle bar' last night for dinner with soba, tons of veggies, peanut sauce, and gochujang sauce - I'm excited to eat it again for lunch today! Plus my toddler sat and munched on red cabbage for about 15 minutes last night - I think because he liked the color, so that's a win.

Beautiful presentation as well.

Reactions: Sondi

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Made delicious Japchae which I only took a crappy picture of because my back hurt too much at the end of cooking!

I also made butternut squash porridge tonight from this recipe -- and it turn out really delicious for such a simple ingredient list;
http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/hobakjuk

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
This is so neat! It's my first year cooking TDay dinner all by myself :nailbite:
Good luck! :) For the past few years, I've gotten a pre-made dinner thing from a local restaurant that does take home Thanksgiving meals, but this year they really raised the price so I think I'm making something at home instead.

Reactions: MerryLou

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Good luck! :) For the past few years, I've gotten a pre-made dinner thing from a local restaurant that does take home Thanksgiving meals, but this year they really raised the price so I think I'm making something at home instead.
It's all about timing! I "apprenticed" under my Dad last year and learned his 30 plus year routine. This year I'm just cooking for 5 people but I am excited to try and inject some of my own style into the dinner. This will help a ton!

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I've decided to compromise between the restaurant Thanksgiving takeout I used to do and actually making stuff myself. I'm letting Trader Joe's do the cooking. Here's what I got:

I also got TJ's fresh cranberry sauce, carrot souffle, cornbread stuffing, and pumpkin pie. I'll throw in a green salad and some mashed potatoes and call it good, and have leftovers for a week. :)

Reactions: Bad Panda and Sondi

Grindabuck

Grindabuck.com
Reaction score
Hello everyone. This is a great thread! I ustually have so many food pics to share myself, but I just cleaned out my iphone =(
You all are posting such beautiful dishes! I'm super impressed! MTurk Crowd can COOK!

MrTrentSD

Alive and Kicking
Contributor
Reaction score
Christmas a few years back. Mashed potatoes are the red potatoes with skin on.