Show me yo foods

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Last day of my mom being here :rain:

I made Chinese food! Black bean chicken & mushrooms and charred pineapple chicken w/ black vinegar sauce. Bleh pics because I was like "oh no I should take a picture but I'm too hungry"

Bode "Emo Barry" Miller

Unofficial Official
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Last day of my mom being here :rain:

I made Chinese food! Black bean chicken & mushrooms and charred pineapple chicken w/ black vinegar sauce. Bleh pics because I was like "oh no I should take a picture but I'm too hungry"

Sondi @Sondi's cooking is great. If you really want to get lost down the rabbit hole of food cooking, Binging with Babish Youtube channel is where it's at

Last edited:

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Sondi @Sondi's cooking is last week's news. If you really want to get lost down the rabbit hole, Binging with Babish Youtube channel is where it's at

I love Binging with Babish! My fave is when he made Jake's Perfect Sandwich. :skittlefry:

ed: also shoutout to my fave youtuber my Korean internet mom Maangchi;

Last edited:

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score
Sondi @Sondi's cooking is great. If you really want to get lost down the rabbit hole of food cooking, Binging with Babish Youtube channel is where it's at

He just did a recent one of the McDonald's Szechuan sauce they promoted for Mulan back in the day.

Thanks, Rick and Morty.

KYLaura

Reaction score
Peanut butter cookies: Heat oven to 350°. Mix together 1/2 cup shortening or butter, 1/2 cup regular peanut butter, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 2 eggs. Stir in 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour mix (that's how we do it at my house) 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder. Form into 36 balls about the size of a walnut. Arrange on parchment-lined cookie sheets 2" apart. Press a fork dipped in sugar into the balls to flatten slightly and make a criss-cross pattern. Bake 6-7 min, until lightly browned on the bottom. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets, then remove to cooling rack or a clean tea-towel. Makes 3 dozen.

Last edited:

Yungskell

Mturk Hustler
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Peanut butter cookies: Heat oven to 350°. Mix together 1/2 cup shortening or butter, 1/2 cup regular peanut butter, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 2 eggs. Stir in 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour mix (that's how we do it at my house) 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder. Form into 36 balls about the size of a walnut. Arrange on parchment-lined cookie sheets 2" apart. Press a fork dipped in sugar into the balls to flatten slightly and make a criss-cross pattern. Bake 6-7 min, until lightly browned on the bottom. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets, then remove to cooling rack or a clean tea-towel. Makes 3 dozen.

Size of a cracked or uncracked walnut?

Reactions: KYLaura and Sondi

KYLaura

Reaction score
In crock pot, place 1 2lb. beef bottom round roast, 1 chopped onion. Cook until meat is able to be shredded with 2 forks. To serve: heat corn tortillas briefly. Place some of the meat on one edge and roll up. This is better served with chopped onion and cilantro, but I was too lazy to shop...

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
In crock pot, place 1 2lb. beef bottom round roast, 1 chopped onion. Cook until meat is able to be shredded with 2 forks. To serve: heat corn tortillas briefly. Place some of the meat on one edge and roll up. This is better served with chopped onion and cilantro, but I was too lazy to shop...
Yesssss I want that. I had a dream I made tacos in the crock pot last night.... prophetic?

Reactions: KYLaura

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Lemon Meringue Pie from yesterday. I'm posting the recipe on my blog tonight as soon as I can verify just how much cornstarch I actually wound up using. (Good thing I haven't done dishes yet...?)
That's almost too pretty to eat! I love all things lemony :lemon:

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Lemon Meringue Pie from yesterday. I'm posting the recipe on my blog tonight as soon as I can verify just how much cornstarch I actually wound up using. (Good thing I haven't done dishes yet...?)
:hail:

Reactions: Sondi