Script for this maybe?

whatsherface

Reaction score
Is there a script or anyone has any tips for data entry hits.... for the forms to work as a spreadsheet and press enter or down arrow for next line.. instead of pressing tab... sometimes, I'd like to do a column at a time... because it's easy numbers or things I can copy and paste.... does anyone know what I mean?

NotTurkfactor

no longer an eternal newbie
Contributor
Reaction score
You could use AHK to send tab when you press enter, if that helps. I can't really give more detailed advice without knowing the hit layout and what the task entails. Can you post a link or requester name, if they're currently up?

whatsherface

Reaction score
You could use AHK to send tab when you press enter, if that helps. I can't really give more detailed advice without knowing the hit layout and what the task entails. Can you post a link or requester name, if they're currently up?
It's not currently up, but they were from b pearlman and just wished I could do the number column at a time. But, not have to leave my keyboard... like a spreadsheet, you can press enter and it would go down a line instead over like the tab does. Just trying to make things easy.. lol :)

Reactions: NotTurkfactor

NotTurkfactor

no longer an eternal newbie
Contributor
Reaction score
If they come back I'll take a look at them, but from what you tell me it sounds like Auto Hotkey might do the trick. Do you have any experience with using and/or writing AHK scripts?

You'd just have to figure out a method to get to the text box below, and then program it to the Enter key (or Shift+Enter, or whatever you want). For example, if it takes four tab presses to get to the text box you want, you could write:
Code:
Enter::
Send {Tab 4}
Return
So when that script is running, pressing Enter sends four tab presses instead of enter.

Reactions: whatsherface

whatsherface

Reaction score
If they come back I'll take a look at them, but from what you tell me it sounds like Auto Hotkey might do the trick. Do you have any experience with using and/or writing AHK scripts?

You'd just have to figure out a method to get to the text box below, and then program it to the Enter key (or Shift+Enter, or whatever you want). For example, if it takes four tab presses to get to the text box you want, you could write:
Code:
Enter::
Send {Tab 4}
Return
So when that script is running, pressing Enter sends four tab presses instead of enter.
Thanks!! I'll try this :)