Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

Political Stuff

Discussion in 'Social Discussion' started by electrolyte, Sep 26, 2016.

1. TurkingMaster

TurkingMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Crowd Master
    Banned

Well it's pretty clear what my opinions are and that I am a Trump supporter. If some one is coming at me saying, everyone here thinks Trump is bad and saying Trump sucks. Then questioning my motives and beliefs knowing full well where I stand on the issue.

Is that not baiting me which will in turn illicit a a counter response to which some may not like. Then asking me to agree with you while you've just literally attacked everything I believe in. Just my opinion but I am pretty sure I am being baited into this fabricated drama, that is pretty clear. I do have a habit of responding to almost all replies for the most part so maybe I will just wait or not respond to these clearly baited questions in the future.

I thank you for your responses and I will take all of this into account in any future posts. I am likely to just stop responding here entirely, which was my initial plan, especially since I am getting quite bored with politics as of late.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. stevenmturks

stevenmturks
    Expand Collapse
    SAJ O.o

• Contributor
    Yes.... and sit back quietly like me and continue watching all the winning and the winning still to come.

TurkingMaster likes this.
  3. kryss

kryss
    Expand Collapse
    carburante al fuoco

• Administrator
    I think what I'm asking is pretty simple. I don't care what or who you support. I care about how you're conveying your opinions. I didn't see Jan attacking you, I saw a question and you replying in a demeaning manner. I'm done discussing it.

A6_Foul_Out, basketcasey and loki3404 like this.
  4. DCI

DCI
    Expand Collapse

So who still thinks Roy Moore is going to cruise into the Senate like nothing ever happened?

jml likes this.
  5. jklmnop

jklmnop
    Expand Collapse
    data sanitation engineer

Well, before the presser today 53 pastors endorsed Moore. Last I saw it was down to 50. Will the reality of endorsing a child molester who got banned from his local mall for being a skulking creep during the time period in question (among all the other things) cause a few more to peel off tomorrow, or will it be all in for the Lecherous Creep vs. Any Dem Sweepstakes?

---

Big day on the Hill tomorrow/today, Jeff "Living in the 1880s" Sessions headlines another Judiciary Committee hearing open to the public, while Bob "I Grew A Spine As Soon As I Announced My Retirement" Corker is holding the first hearing in 40 YEARS on nuke strike authority. Both at 10am EST

"Tuesday will mark the first time the Senate Foreign Relations Committee has held a hearing on a president's authority to use nuclear weapons since 1976, according to the panel."

#2105 jklmnop, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    jml and jan like this.
  6. loki3404

loki3404
    Expand Collapse
    So Corporate

• Contributor
    Unless the GOP from Trump down makes a concentrated effort to swing their base against Moore I still think he's going to win. Alabama does not elect Democrats. I really think that the majority of his supports see this as Washington Post fake news. I hope I'm wrong.

jan and jml like this.
  7. jml

jml
    Expand Collapse
    Midnight Marauder

I have to admit that this looks like it'll have more of an impact than I originally thought. The yearbook and the mall evidence could make voters more hesitant to vote for Moore than the original WaPo story did imo.

It's a long way to the election though and I'll still be pretty shocked if Moore doesn't comfortably win.

jan and DCI like this.
  8. DCI

DCI
    Expand Collapse

The fact that there's still 4 weeks to go isn't a good thing for Roy Moore. He's going to get wrecked every single day between now and then, assuming that he actually stays in until the end. Before the latest allegation had even surfaced, he had already quickly lost a significant lead and fallen behind in the polls, and I don't really see any reason to believe that he's going to do anything other than sink further into the quicksand.

Even though there are a decent amount of apologists that defend this guy, it's already been clearly demonstrated that people in Alabama, and everywhere else, DO care about this. It's been a complete firestorm, and it will continue to be. Hopefully people will give their fellow humans a little bit more credit when this guy gets destroyed.

9. kryss

kryss
    Expand Collapse
    carburante al fuoco

• Administrator
    "I do not recall"
    "I do not recall"
    "I do not recall"
    "I do not recall"
    "I do not recall"
    "I do not recall"
    "I do not recall"
    "I do not recall"

10. jenaling

jenaling
    Expand Collapse
    Captain Ding Dong McGoo

• Contributor
    I'm not sure how you can know how you reacted to something you have no recollection of.

11. loki3404

loki3404
    Expand Collapse
    So Corporate

• Contributor
    I'm just spit balling here but someone with such a bad memory should probably not be the AG

A6_Foul_Out, kryss, Kathryn and 6 others like this.
  12. jan

jan
    Expand Collapse

One of the pundits made a good point about Moore and the GOP establishment (McConnell and co.). She said, it doesn't matter what he (they) say - Moore has been running against McConnell since he entered the race.

IDK what the voters will do (they are anti-washington as much as anti-GOP establishment in the interviews I've seen). I guess the dust will settle a bit more in a few days (and 538 might have a good poll analysis).
    Crazy times we live in. It's like Kardashian culture has entered politics and turned our government into a reality tv show.

#2112 jan, Nov 14, 2017
    jml and loki3404 like this.
  13. loki3404

loki3404
    Expand Collapse
    So Corporate

• Contributor
    It's not so much that I don't have faith in fellow humans. It's more that I doubt the ability of the story to penetrate through the bubble of the anti MSM bias that is so prevalent among his supporters. This is a good test to see how cult like Bannonism has become.

Evergreen Queen, jan and jml like this.
  14. jml

jml
    Expand Collapse
    Midnight Marauder

The reason I think the time remaining is a positive for Roy Moore is because it gives the right-wing media enough time to muddy the waters while they question the character/legitimacy of the accusers. They're going to find some dirt on one or two of them (convicted of a crime, etc) that Fox will run with to put doubt in the minds of enough voters to send Moore over the top.

Evergreen Queen and loki3404 like this.
  15. DCI

DCI
    Expand Collapse

The best part about committee hearings is the questions from the friendlies.

"So, Mr. Sessions, according to my graph here, illegal firearms prosecutions have increased under the Trump administration compared to the Obama administration. Why do you think this is?"

They really do hold their feet to the fire.

16. loki3404

loki3404
    Expand Collapse
    So Corporate

• Contributor
    Sessions saying "britches" makes me giggle.

Jaded and Evergreen Queen like this.
  17. jan

jan
    Expand Collapse

18. TurkingMaster

TurkingMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Crowd Master
    Banned

Democrats and the left desperately fawning over old Creepy Uncle Joe Biden hoping he makes a run for 2020.

Exclusive: Former Joe Biden Secret Service Agent: We Had to Protect Women From Him, ‘Weinstein Level Stuff’

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ce-agent-protect-women-weinstein-level-stuff/

Hilarious flashback in history. Hillary Clinton say's she can't recall over 36 times. "Clearly she's not guilty" - The Left

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-in-her-fbi-interview/?utm_term=.6384c9dc844d

The Sessions hearing was a massive waste of time. The only real news of import lately is that we now know a second investigation with a new special prosecutor may be opened into Hillary Clinton's collusion with the Russians in the Uranium One Deal.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/1...linton-scandal-could-get-special-counsel.html

Meanwhile Democrats and the left desperately scramble as their collapsing party turns in on itself with Donna Brazile among other things including a desperate hope that their failing party can steal a senate seat in the Alabama race over the Roy Moore fiasco disrupting a fair election for their partisan gains. That about sums up the news of today.

19. jml

jml
    Expand Collapse
    Midnight Marauder

Really curious how exactly you're pinning this one on the left even after the yearbook, being banned from a mall for being a creep, and local cops saying they heard a lot of stories about it.

#2119 jml, Nov 14, 2017
  20. TurkingMaster

TurkingMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Crowd Master
    Banned

However unlikely, is that not their hope? They want that senate seat.