Panda Crazy Script for Panda's

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
panda crazy very nicely displays the value of all HITs accepted. But since I end up returning quite a large percentage of those HITs, the value displayed greatly exaggerates my earnings. So what about the slightly more useful value of:

$Value of HITs accepted - $Value of HITs returned

To me, that would be a far more useful number. Is it in there somewhere? :)
The problem is that the script only runs on one page because it uses a lot of memory so it won't know if you returned a hit or submitted a hit by itself. The helper script is the one that detects when a hit is submitted, returned or expired. It does take the hits off the queue watch but doesn't update the earnings due to not knowing if the hit was accepted from PC or not. This was one thing I wanted to figure out but just haven't had the time. There is a work around if you run Mturk Suite which is a lot better detecting your actual earnings. If you have that script or some other scripts that display your earnings on the dashboard then the script will pass that value over to PC and gets updated. It only updates the value on PC when you visit the dashboard page. Maybe I'll do more with the earnings in the future but if another script does it better than why waste time on it now.

Reactions: turkinthailand

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
What is the number in square brackets on the second line of the display e.g

Jimmy Dragon
0.02 [1]

What does the [1] mean? I guessed it was showing how many HITs from that group in current queue, but that guess was completely wrong !
You were correct. It's the number of hits in a batch. That number isn't very accurate because mturk has a delay on updating that batch number when it sends that info out. I think in search pages that number is updated more often. Here's a link that described the job details more: http://pandacrazy.allbyjohn.com/help/jobs

Reaction score
if a HIT is taken by someone else, is there any way to grab the group ID? Coz sometimes I see a HIT go from one of my favorite requesters, but I'm not sure whether I missed it because (a) just didn't get lucky, or (b) it was a different group ID than I am currently searching for.

I suppose what I'm trying to get at is .... I want to have the latest group IDs from my favourite requesters. For all I know they could be changing daily and I just have some "old ones" ....\

So I guess the problem boils down to: for any given requester, is there a way to find all recent group IDs?

thanks again,
you rock!

Last edited:

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
With this script the only way to do that is with a search job. It will automatically update the group id to the newest one. Search jobs are slower than a regular panda so only use it if you truly know the group id is changing all the time. If it did find the newest Group ID then you can change it back to a panda. There are better ways of finding out if your favorite requester has changed their group ID or have multiple hits. Try mturk suite's hit finder to have it watch the search page. Overwatch script can be used also. Remember those scripts will cause more PRE's if running at the same time as PC. You can also search through all the forums for the requester name or requester ID. What I find the most useful is just search the requester ID or name and add mturk in google to find any posts about that requester.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Today I released a new update (0.5.2) to greasyfork. Be sure to update it if greasemonkey/tampermonkey doesn't update it automatically. Should update it automatically sometime tomorrow. Be sure to backup your data by exporting it from the jobs menu at top so you won't lose anything if something goes wrong.

New Features:
  • Script should still work on old site after mturk redirects people to new worker site.
  • You can now filter multiple Group ID's in search options by separating them with a comma.
  • Alarms will only sound once when collecting lot of hits in a batch. After about 8 seconds of not collecting hits the alarm suppression will turn off and sound again.
  • All alarms can be individually muted in the Option/Alarms menu.
  • You can turn on Text To Speech for each alarm in the Options/Alarms menu by clicking on the tts button. You may have it sound the regular alarm and after let it speak which requester it accepted. If you only want TTS then mute alarm. This is a first attempt with TTS so may have problems.
  • Lowered ham timer limit to 5ms.
  • Ham timer now defaults to 900 because hits are being throttled more which makes lower timers not useful anymore.
  • Removed command to have script use both old and new site due to conflicts.
Bugs Fixed:
  • One bug fixed when search hits get stuck on filtered hits.
  • Alarm bug fixed that caused it to sound alarm twice sometimes.
  • Fixed a bug where alarm options weren't being saved sometimes.
  • Fixed a bug where some dialogs and buttons are displayed wrong when using it on new worker site.
This update makes sure that the script will run correctly in the future when mturk redirects pages from old site to new worker site. This script will run on the new site too. Text to speech is being tested in this version and may change in the future according to feedback. A few little bugs fixed also. I'll be fixing the helper script to work on the new site later too. Still trying to figure out where the buttons should go on the search page.

Serial Mom

I’m smiling…that alone should scare you.
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, I watched it. On the video the pandas are immediately added when she clicks the buttons; for me nothing happens when I click the buttons. It seems like in the video the pandas are added to the 'main' grouping in PC? Nothing is showing up there or in the other two groupings of 'daily hits' and 'rare hits'. (eta-wrote and posted this before seeing your last post saying they show in 'main')

I am.
Does anyone know why when An Island in the Sun @An Island in the Sun 's panda's are not showing up in the main tab, or any other tab of PC? Johnnyrs @Johnnyrs ?

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I noticed one job has got a red border around it. Is this some kind of error notification?
Only search jobs can have red borders. It basically means it's no longer searching for hits and is now a regular panda using the last group ID found. Two ways this happens is if you click on the search job or if you have it in Goham mode. In Goham mode it will go into panda mode when it only finds one hit and then once it gets out of Goham mode it will go back to searching. This is because search mode is a lot slower than a regular panda.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Does anyone know why when An Island in the Sun @An Island in the Sun 's panda's are not showing up in the main tab, or any other tab of PC? Johnnyrs @Johnnyrs ?
This has happened to a few others. There is no consensus on how to fix this problem. Some have solved it by making a new profile in the browser, using another browser, clearing browser cache or wiping the data that the browser has for mturk. It seems to be a problem with local storage not letting it save data so it can pass the hit back to PC. Something in the browser or windows itself is causing the problem. Someone also solved it by adding more windows cache.

Serial Mom

Contributor
Reaction score
This has happened to a few others. There is no consensus on how to fix this problem. Some have solved it by making a new profile in the browser, using another browser, clearing browser cache or wiping the data that the browser has for mturk. It seems to be a problem with local storage not letting it save data so it can pass the hit back to PC. Something in the browser or windows itself is causing the problem. Someone also solved it by adding more windows cache.
Thank you :)

An Island in the Sun @An Island in the Sun

Last edited:

An Island in the Sun

Part-time brat
Reaction score
Thanks both of you. I'll play around today with that sort of stuff and see if I can get it to work and let you guys know if I do.

Reactions: Serial Mom

An Island in the Sun

Part-time brat
Reaction score
I got it working! But honestly I have no idea what changed. It never worked at all yesterday when I first got everything even with all the different things I tried and all the hours I was trying, it wasn't working when I started everything up today an hour ago and it wasn't working even 10 minutes ago, and I was too busy today so far to get to trying to fix it yet. As I've been doing yesterday and today, I have been clicking various 'panda'/'once' links here and there every five or ten minutes or so whenever I'm looking around mturk just to try again since why not as they're right there. I wasn't really expecting it to when it did but it just suddenly started working and I haven't done anything different yet. I hope that doesn't mean it might also stop working suddenly too, but whatever happened I'm glad it's working now!

Just to mention as well, the links always show up so far when I click into an actual hit and the hit is there, but on the regular main mturk page or when a hit isn't available and I get that not available message with the main page underneath, sometimes, about a fifth of the time I'd say, the buttons just aren't there even after the page is fully loaded. Not a big deal; just thought I'd mention it too since the creator is here!

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnnyrs
Reaction score
If I am really going after one HIT, is there ever any benefit in running, say, a search collect, on same time as running a Panda collect? Anything like that? I know you are supposed to "GoHam", just wondering if any benefit at all in searching at same time as Panda'ing? Or even Panda'ing in two boxes? :)

Serial Mom

Contributor
Reaction score
If I am really going after one HIT, is there ever any benefit in running, say, a search collect, on same time as running a Panda collect? Anything like that? I know you are supposed to "GoHam", just wondering if any benefit at all in searching at same time as Panda'ing? Or even Panda'ing in two boxes? :)
running a "search" panda will grab any hit from the specified requester. running a regular panda will only collect the specific hit, and ignore any other hit the requester may have up. GoHam should only be used when you want to keep collecting a panda that is catching a ton (like when a batch drops). I would not suggest running a "search collect" for a requester at the same time as running a "panda collect" for the same requester. Does this make sense?

Reaction score
running a "search" panda will grab any hit from the specified requester. running a regular panda will only collect the specific hit, and ignore any other hit the requester may have up. GoHam should only be used when you want to keep collecting a panda that is catching a ton (like when a batch drops). I would not suggest running a "search collect" for a requester at the same time as running a "panda collect" for the same requester. Does this make sense?
yep. I understand the differences between search and panda. Just wanted to know if there is any benefit in running both at the same time. Will doing so grab more of that specific hit i.e. are the two timers ran independently? If they are, might be some small benefit in doing both together.

Serial Mom

Contributor
Reaction score
yep. I understand the differences between search and panda. Just wanted to know if there is any benefit in running both at the same time. Will doing so grab more of that specific hit i.e. are the two timers ran independently? If they are, might be some small benefit in doing both together.
No, because they both generate a page request, and a search one runs slower.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
No point in having a search collect and a panda collect running at the same time. The search collect would just cause other jobs to go slower. Only use search it if you know a panda changed or multiple pandas from same requester gets sent out. Running two same pandas really won't help if you are having a few jobs running. It would be similar to having GoHam on basically. Now if you have a lot like 10 jobs running then maybe having two same panda's running could give you a better chance at the script being lucky with one. At this point it's probably better running one pandacrazy for the old site and use another pandacrazy in a different browser running on the new site. Using a different browser is important so the data doesn't get corrupted by saving things twice. That would give you more of a chance and able to run more jobs at once without having PRE problems. The old and new sites have their own separate PRE limits. Hope that helps a bit.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
There is only one timer in panda crazy. It puts all the collecting jobs in a queue and it sends the request in order that you had them collecting. Once the elapsed time you have set is up it goes to the next in queue. The reason why I did that so it won't cause more pre's. Having multiple timers running at the same time could cause pre problems and you would have to set the timers perfectly. Just better to have the script figure out the timing of all the panda's out at a accurate specific time. Only way of having two timers running independently is running the script on the old site and the new site like I described in my previous reply. That slight difference in milliseconds could help but there is no guarantee especially because of the throttling that mturk does. Best time to use both sites and get that benefit before they force everyone on one site again.