Music thread

jml

Midnight Marauder
Reaction score
Seriously, was ROYGBIV the best track of the entire decade or what
Hah, I actually think it might be for me. I can listen to that song on repeat forever. It's hard to say for sure though because depending on my mood I'd probably argue for something from Afghan Whigs/DJ Shadow/Elliott Smith/Outkast/Pavement/Radiohead/UGK instead

TylerS

Lazy Turker
Contributor
Reaction score

New PVRIS track that dropped today...it's pretty sweet.

Reactions: jml

loki3404

So Corporate
Contributor
Reaction score
Just finished the first half of the $21 hit. It's an eye bleeder and I'm really excited about accidentally returning it before Thursday.

Wrong thread...anyways here's Wonderwall

Last edited:

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Hah, I actually think it might be for me. I can listen to that song on repeat forever. It's hard to say for sure though because depending on my mood I'd probably argue for something from Afghan Whigs/DJ Shadow/Elliott Smith/Outkast/Pavement/Radiohead/UGK instead
Greg Dulli was bae <3

I could argue for songs from Rollerskate Skinny, Verve (NOT Bittersweet Symphony pls), MBV!, DJ Rap, Jeff Mills, Aphex Twin, Richie Hawtin, Pete Namlook, Tetsu Inoue, Kristin Hersh, Nirvana, Unwound, Global Communications, def Elliott Smith, Radiohead, Swervedriver, jfc so many good ones. Portishead! Massive Attack! edit Labradford! Trail of Dead!

Last edited:
Reactions: jml

jml

Midnight Marauder
Reaction score
Greg Dulli was bae <3
Yeahhh I think my biggest musical hot take is that the Afghan Whigs are the best rock band of the 90s. Gentlemen and Black Love are pretty much perfect albums to me.

I could argue for songs from Rollerskate Skinny, Verve (NOT Bittersweet Symphony pls), MBV!, DJ Rap, Jeff Mills, Aphex Twin, Richie Hawtin, Pete Namlook, Tetsu Inoue, Kristin Hersh, Nirvana, Unwound, Global Communications, def Elliott Smith, Radiohead, Swervedriver, jfc so many good ones. Portishead! Massive Attack! edit Labradford! Trail of Dead!
I was just listening to Loveless for the first time in like 4-5 years and almost totally forgot how kickass that album is. (Slowdive's Souvlaki too)

+1 for Portishead and Massive Attack, was really close to putting both of them on my list. Glory Box is a top 10 song of the 90s for sure.

:flame:

Achilles2357

Reaction score
Your username reminds me of a great song.

Just listened to that in full. Not bad at all. I'm not a hard-core Led Zep fan, but I am old enough to own actual Led Zep CD's and I fairly recently pulled them out to play in my car while I'm riding to Starbucks... I don't think I know that tune, but I think it was not bad at all... I'll throw this back... when I was young I liked Def Leppard (the name obviously a play on Led Zep....) Even in my youth I thought one of their best tunes was Gods of War! Now I like Reagan bettter than I did then, but I also like Qaddafi better than I did then. It's still a pretty good and way underrated 80s hair-metal tune. Props to all!

Last edited:

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score

My favorite song from my 2nd favorite band.

Reactions: Jaded

loki3404

So Corporate
Contributor
Reaction score
Mood: Pop Punk covers of 80's

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Speaking of retro, how tf is this song 40 years old

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Bonus live set any pop and/or punk fan should take a peek at

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
I guess it's gonna be a Rockpalast kind of day.

Reactions: coffeeowl