Multiple assignments

Pearson

Contributor
Reaction score
Can someone give me an example of multiple assignments? The explanations are unclear. Not sure what multiple answers to a single question are.
(I am a newbie.)

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Can someone give me an example of multiple assignments? The explanations are unclear. Not sure what multiple answers to a single question are.
(I am a newbie.)
Assignment
You can assign many Workers to work on the same HIT, which is useful way of getting consensus on a subject by many workers giving the same answer. A Worker can only accept a HIT once and can only submit one assignment per HIT. This guarantees that multiple Workers must complete a HIT that has multiple assignments.

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSMechTurk/latest/RequesterUI/amt-ui.pdf

An assignment is a single task for a worker to do. Maybe you want a worker to find a phone number for a specific company. That would be one assignment. You can give this same exact assignment (finding a phone number for a specific company) to multiple workers.

Pearson

Contributor
Reaction score
I am still unclear. Here is the source of my dilemma: Amazon charges a 40% premium for any assignments over 9 on a HIT. I understand an assignment corresponds to Turk filling out the survey. Meaning once you get beyond 9 people filling out the survey, you are paying a steep premium. But a survey filled out only nine times is utterly useless. I need more like 900!. Could someone please help?

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I am still unclear. Here is the source of my dilemma: Amazon charges a 40% premium for any assignments over 9 on a HIT. I understand an assignment corresponds to Turk filling out the survey. Meaning once you get beyond 9 people filling out the survey, you are paying a steep premium. But a survey filled out only nine times is utterly useless. I need more like 900!. Could someone please help?
Try this:

How to Avoid MTurk’s Extra 20% Price Gouge: A Click-by-Click Guide for Academic Requesters

and