Mturk Suite Thread

Mr. Boss

~Very Bossy~
Reaction score
1--Is it possible for me to change either of the 2 squeaky sounds that mean "new hit?"

2--When I block requesters with the wrench, their hits get bordered in red, but they don't disappear from the list. Is this normal?
1- I don't know.
2- You have to check the box next to "Hide Block List".

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, Walking! Works for a few minutes, then they return to dark purple again. Thanks anyway.
Hm, that's weird. It goes back to dark purple, even if you never close the HF window/tab?

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
Hm, that's weird. It goes back to dark purple, even if you never close the HF window/tab?
Yup, if I just switch tabs without closing it.

And the h:ref box flashes by so fast that I catch it only one in 10 times.

Last edited:

Cstone812

Reaction score
I've been using MTS suite and it's working great for me.

Last edited:

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
Thank, Kadauchi--

I'm making more money than I did with Firefox scripts. Hit Catcher is getting me more than Panda Crazy, and I don't have to format the search boxes myself.

I wonder if I can change Hit Catcher to make a sound when a hit is found. It says there are sounds, but they don't work

Last edited:

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Kadauchi--request for a feature. Chrome lets me use red for links visited, but it doesn't work in the Suite. I know you just updated, but might we expect this some time soon?
What I like to do, when I open hitfinder in chrome, is change the visited links to gold.

you can do this without starting hitfinder, or after it starts - doesn't matter, as long as you are on the hitfinder screen's page.

right click on the screen, and go to 'inspect' (or push CTRL + SHIFT + I (as in ice))
at the top of the new window's menu, go to console, and click in there to enter a prompt

enter:
Code:
document.head.insertAdjacentHTML(`beforeend`, `<style>a:visited { color: #CFB53B; }</style>`);
you can change the color code to whatever you want, but I find gold to stand out well enough, and lets you know which ones you've already clicked - difficult to see against gray background though. but there aren't too many colors that look great against the variety of color lines MTS uses.

white is good, too - #FFFFFF

after you've done this ( I save the style code as a text file on my desktop ) it should stay in effect as long as you don't close the tab, just like W @WalkingEmphasis said about the method she likes to use.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Kadauchi @Kadauchi

Is there a simple way for me to remove this notification:

There is a slight delay at times when it pops up and I may have already gone to another page ... it then pulls me back to HF to click it off. Personally, I'm not fussed with knowing if it was a success or if someone else already posted it (which is usually quickly evident).

Thanks! :D

Last edited:

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Kadauchi @Kadauchi

Is there a simple way for me to remove this notification:

There is a slight delay at times when it pops up and I may have already gone to another page ... it then pulls me back to HF to click it off. Personally, I'm not fussed with knowing if it was a success or if someone else already posted it (which is usually quickly evident).

Thanks! :D
The browser alert is just a placeholder for the real notifications that will be in the final build, which will be like this https://v4-alpha.getbootstrap.com/components/alerts/#dismissing

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
What I like to do, when I open hitfinder in chrome, is change the visited links to gold.

you can do this without starting hitfinder, or after it starts - doesn't matter, as long as you are on the hitfinder screen's page.

right click on the screen, and go to 'inspect' (or push CTRL + SHIFT + I (as in ice))
at the top of the new window's menu, go to console, and click in there to enter a prompt

enter:
Code:
document.head.insertAdjacentHTML(`beforeend`, `<style>a:visited { color: #CFB53B; }</style>`);
you can change the color code to whatever you want, but I find gold to stand out well enough, and lets you know which ones you've already clicked - difficult to see against gray background though. but there aren't too many colors that look great against the variety of color lines MTS uses.

white is good, too - #FFFFFF

after you've done this ( I save the style code as a text file on my desktop ) it should stay in effect as long as you don't close the tab, just like W @WalkingEmphasis said about the method she likes to use.

Thanks. I did, but they're still dark purple, and hard to see. No, I didn't close the tab. I have a program that keeps some windows always on top.

Last edited:

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. I did, but they're still dark purple, and hard to see. No, I didn't close the tab. I have a program that keeps some windows always on top.
um... sounds like you're doing it wrong?

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
No, I tried it a few times. The solution offered to me a few days ago works for a time.
if the link color is reverting without you closing the page, there is something else going on here.

regardless of which solution you choose, there is no reason for it to revert back to dark purple

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
Your didn't convert; it never turned red. I don't use Chrome for anything else, so I'm not familiar with it enough to troubleshoot. Next time Kadauchi is around, maybe he can help

Mr. Boss

~Very Bossy~
Reaction score
Your didn't convert; it never turned red. I don't use Chrome for anything else, so I'm not familiar with it enough to troubleshoot. Next time Kadauchi is around, maybe he can help
Are you hitting "enter" after pasting the code?

Anyways, you could also create a new bookmark -> name it however you want -> for the URL copy/paste this:
Code:
javascript:document.head.insertAdjacentHTML(`beforeend`, `<style>a:visited { color: #FF0000; }</style>`);
(it's the same code as Jharkan @Jharkan , I just added the javascript at the beginning so that it would work as a bookmark)

Next open up HitFinder, hit Start, and click on the bookmark. The color should automatically change.

Last edited:

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score

Anyways, you could also create a new bookmark -> name it however you want -> for the URL copy/paste this:
Code:
javascript:document.head.insertAdjacentHTML(`beforeend`, `<style>a:visited { color: #FF0000; }</style>`);
(it's the same code as Jharkan @Jharkan , I just added the javascript at the beginning so that it would work as a bookmark)

Next open up HitFinder, hit Start, and click on the bookmark. The color should automatically change.
wow man, that was great, I love it
so much better than pasting the code every single time
I prefer gold for visited links though, so I changed the color from FF0000 to CFB53B

Reactions: Mr. Boss

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score

Code:

I hate Chrome. I'm accustomed to tweaking the css in Firefox without scripts.

IT WORKS. Very cool! Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Boss

Dorothy

Reaction score
I am starting today, I hope Mturk makes me $$. This is my first reply. Two to go!