mturk HITs page loads very slowly

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
Today seemed better than usual although I wasn't working much between 10-12 Pacific. It seemed more sporadic, instead of just 4 solid hours of suck.

Reactions: CloudNine

CloudNine

Reaction score
Today seemed better than usual although I wasn't working much between 10-12 Pacific. It seemed more sporadic, instead of just 4 solid hours of suck.
Was gonna say this. Total down time for me was probably only like 1.5 hours, though i did have like 2 hours of terrible lag when trying to accept hits on scraper

turks24

Reaction score
Awesome, it's back even earlier today

turks24

Reaction score
Thankfully it only lasted for a few minutes. Overall everything is fairly slow, but it's at least functional.

CloudNine

Reaction score
Welp.. never fails. Down at 1:00PM ET. Guess i'll just to work around this and wake up earlier or work later. Sigh

Edit: was only down for 5 minutes. There's still random moments where it goes down for no reason but at least it's not like before where it's just 4 hours of being unable to work at all.

Last edited:

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
Totally hosed for me right now. Was working for a moment in Firefox but now everything gives me "Your request was not completed successfully."

DONTDOIT

Custom Title:
Contributor
Reaction score
Totally hosed for me right now. Was working for a moment in Firefox but now everything gives me "Your request was not completed successfully."
Things were off and on for the last few hours but now nothing.

CloudNine

Reaction score
It's only 9:08 and it's down. So tired of this..

TurkinPigeon

Reaction score
Down for me at 12:30 EST.

This is ridiculous. Why is it always the same workers? If they are doing work that causes outages, they should have it affect all accounts equally.

TurkinPigeon

Reaction score
It's still down for me
I've been down for 4 hours today. This has been the norm for every single weekday for the past 2 weeks.

Have you guys been linking to this and other forum threads where the problem is discussed? I've been doing that because hopefully they care when people speak negatively about their platform. I've been getting personalized emails with specific references to my prior messages so I know they are reading them.

Reactions: ursula

ursula

Reaction score
hey, just chiming in as someone else who is also having this problem. However, I am in a two turker household so I'm absolutely sure that it is only MY account having issues. The other turker is able to log in on my computer and scrape/panda with no problem. When I log in under my account though, I can barely even get a page to load to accept a hit and scraper is completely out of the question. I've started running scraper logged out and that seems to work sometimes but today not even that is helping or working. Meanwhile, the other household turker is working without any issues. We've both turked for around 2 years full-time. I haven't noticed any time patterns where it gets better or worse but I'll pay attention to that today.

Super excited that it's not just me having the problem though. That makes me feel a little better.

turks24

Reaction score
I linked to this thread and sent a multitude of screen shots and time logs of when the error occurs. Never heard anything back other than 'clear cookies'.

Reactions: TurkinPigeon

CloudNine

Reaction score
hey, just chiming in as someone else who is also having this problem. However, I am in a two turker household so I'm absolutely sure that it is only MY account having issues. The other turker is able to log in on my computer and scrape/panda with no problem. When I log in under my account though, I can barely even get a page to load to accept a hit and scraper is completely out of the question. I've started running scraper logged out and that seems to work sometimes but today not even that is helping or working. Meanwhile, the other household turker is working without any issues. We've both turked for around 2 years full-time. I haven't noticed any time patterns where it gets better or worse but I'll pay attention to that today.

Super excited that it's not just me having the problem though. That makes me feel a little better.
Definitely many more having this issue that haven't posted in this thread yet so it's not just us. Blah, today's pretty bad. It's 4ET almost and it's still completely down for me. It usually starts working by now..

TurkinPigeon

Reaction score
Definitely many more having this issue that haven't posted in this thread yet so it's not just us. Blah, today's pretty bad. It's 4ET almost and it's still completely down for me. It usually starts working by now..
I am at $3 today while I am normally at over $30 PE by this point when I am not having these outage issues. This shit is ridiculous.

turks24

Reaction score
I used to be able to load pandas while the problem was going on. Now I can't even do that

CloudNine

Reaction score
Might be against the rules but is it possible to create another account? I don't really care if i lose my quals, at least i can work again.