I been a member of mechanical turk for a while

ilovemoney01

Reaction score
I got today an email that my account was suspended. Is there any thing I can do to restore my account.
Or is there any thing I can do reason with amazon. I don't think I did any thing wrong lot of hits are
either don't work or if there is a link then the link doesn't work. So any help or advice will be greatly
appreciated. if possible to open new account and how??

Reactions: Tribune

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I got today an email that my account was suspended. Is there any thing I can do to restore my account.
Or is there any thing I can do reason with amazon. I don't think I did any thing wrong lot of hits are
either don't work or if there is a link then the link doesn't work. So any help or advice will be greatly
Hi, I'm sorry to hear that. There are a few members here who have gone through the same thing recently. Maybe they can offer some pointers?

Tribune @Tribune Metallica @Janthir mordea @mordea

Reactions: Tribune

Tribune

Tribune of the Plebs
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Hi, I'm sorry to hear that. There are a few members here who have gone through the same thing recently. Maybe they can offer some pointers?

Tribune @Tribune Metallica @Janthir mordea @mordea
(1) If you still have access to the system, write to Mechanical Turk support and keep a copy of what you said.
Ask them why the account was suspended.
This is an iterative process. Be prepared for nonsensical canned answers which don't apply.

(2) In the statistically-likely event that AMT support staff demonstrates its cluelessness, write to Jeff Bezos.
He won't answer, but his staff should refer the issue to AMT through another channel which cannot possibly be more clueless than first-line AMT support.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krikket and aveline

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for tagging me aveline @aveline. I'll share what I care to remember. And before anything else, Tribune @Tribune is the man. He went above and beyond to find emails I could use to contact higher ups within the company. I was suspended for a violation of the participation agreement. Nasty deal right? Well, I never knew what I did because they wouldn't tell me. My only guess was because I used a Vpn to get past my colleges watch guard. I tend to have a holistic nature, so I wasn't going to stop there. I emailed Mturk support 4 times a day for a week straight. I also sent emails with the same material to the Jeff bezos email, and to Jonathan Dunn, the 'former' lawyer that specialized in mechanical Turk. I never got a reply fro him until recently, nor did Mturk support answer me back after their original email accusing me of going against their rules. I gave up after that first week. The following Tuesday, I got an email from Amazon support saying my account was reopened due to their decision. And just this week, Dunn finally emailed me back, however saying he resigned from his position and would pass my email along to his colleagues. The funny part is, that was three months after I was suspended. It only goes to show not even the creators know what they're doing. A reason was never gave for my suspension, nor did anyone seem to know what was going on. The guys behind Mturk are mysterious in their dealings and seemingly always will be. My only advice to you is, keep with it. Email every day of the week until you get your account back. Lastly, in my email to the lawyer, I threatened arbitration. Obviously I wouldn't actually do that, but tribune suggested it to me and I'd like to feel it had an influence on how I got my account back from the support team (robots).

Reactions: ursula and aveline

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
What were you suspended for? From the knowledge I've gathered over the years, suspensions over blocks seem to get reversed quicker than agreement violations. I'm also assuming there was a legit reason behind the suspension, I.e. You weren't scamming or using someone else's identity.

ilovemoney01

Reaction score
Thanks to couple of replies that I got and thanks for your help.

ilovemoney01

Reaction score
What were you suspended for? From the knowledge I've gathered over the years, suspensions over blocks seem to get reversed quicker than agreement violations. I'm also assuming there was a legit reason behind the suspension, I.e. You weren't scamming or using someone else's identity.
That was the reason for my suspension
"because you received multiple blocks from Requesters due to the quality of your work."
Is that so serious ? honesty I just don't know what they are talking about. So what do you
think?? so far I sent 4 emails requesting to reinstate my account and will continue do this at least
one email every day until I get some satisfaction but your input is greatly appreciated.

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
That was the reason for my suspension
"because you received multiple blocks from Requesters due to the quality of your work."
Is that so serious ? honesty I just don't know what they are talking about. So what do you
think?? so far I sent 4 emails requesting to reinstate my account and will continue do this at least
one email every day until I get some satisfaction but your input is greatly appreciated.
Yes, that is serious. Blocks are worse than rejects. For a possible future question you may have, no, no one has a clear answer on how many blocks it takes to get you suspended. Some have lost their account after just one, some have made it until four. All you can do at this point is email them every day. You can also email Bezos' email, and although he won't read it, it will get directed towards the AMT 'staff' again. I seriously doubt anyone over there knows what they are doing so it's a crapshoot. You may never get it back, you may get it back tomorrow. Just keep trying, but remember that if the blocks you received were deserved, there's little to no use to fight this suspension.

ilovemoney01

Reaction score
Yes, that is serious. Blocks are worse than rejects. For a possible future question you may have, no, no one has a clear answer on how many blocks it takes to get you suspended. Some have lost their account after just one, some have made it until four. All you can do at this point is email them every day. You can also email Bezos' email, and although he won't read it, it will get directed towards the AMT 'staff' again. I seriously doubt anyone over there knows what they are doing so it's a crapshoot. You may never get it back, you may get it back tomorrow. Just keep trying, but remember that if the blocks you received were deserved, there's little to no use to fight this suspension.
Thanks million what ever happened it was not my fault and I did not mean to cheat any one. Thanks