HIT Rejection - How To Get It Reversed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Rejection Reversals.

Rejections suck, but are a part of turk life. But sometimes you can get them reversed! Just contact the requester politely. I usually send something along the lines of this:

***​

Hello <Requester>

I just received a rejection on <hit>. I see your message of <rejection reason.> I wanted to reach out to you and see what exactly had gone wrong. I would be happy to redo this, if you would be willing to reverse the rejection. <You can add extra here if you know for sure you didn't do what rejection reason said.>

Here are some links about reversing rejections.

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSMechTurk/latest/RequesterUI/ReversingRejectedAssignment.html

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSMech.../ApiReference_ApproveAssignmentOperation.html

http://mechanicalturk.typepad.com/b...ignments-in-the-requester-user-interface.html

Thank you for any response.

--Name

***​

You can also include something along the lines of "I try and submit high-quality work." Or "Rejections can harm our ability to work." Just go with it, the main idea is to politely ask for reconsideration.

Last edited by a moderator:

clickhappier

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Subforum Curator
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
TrevorNetmsi, an employee of a major requester who's actually had occasional personal communication with Amazon employees, has made a few comments about this topic before... I collected them in Aug 2015 to provide some insight on rejections from a requester's perspective:

clickhappier

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Subforum Curator
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I want to highlight a point that inexperienced turkers seem to keep getting confused about, and then their requests confuse inexperienced requesters:

There is no 'cancel/undo' option; once a HIT has been submitted, it must be either approved or rejected. The only options provided by Amazon are 'approve and pay' or 'reject and don't pay'. There is no 'approve but don't pay' option. Reversing a rejection means it switches from 'reject and don't pay' status to 'approve and pay' status.

So when a worker asks a requester to 'remove the rejection but not pay me', as a number of people have mentioned in reviews (for years), they are asking for something that is impossible on MTurk, unless the original HIT pay amount was set to $0.00. We're more likely to get what we want when we ask a requester for something they can actually do at that point.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I also want to add that if you have received a rejection and left a negative review on Turkopticon, please remember to go back and revise your review if you communicate with the requester or get the rejection reversed!

Status
Not open for further replies.