Greetings Fellow Turkers from a Newbie

BocaCylon

Contributor
Reaction score
Delurking to say hello and offer my thanks to everyone here for all the great posts, tips and advice that helped me get a good beginning as a fairly new Turker. I’ve been reading here for a while and it was a great help to find answers to so many questions. I didn’t have a lot of time to sign up here until now. Turking is a new side gig for me to help supplement the sales from my Ebay store which always seem to be a little less than the previous year. I also used to be a full time third party seller on Amazon (books and other stuff) for 15+ years but I don’t have the space to store all the inventory anymore, so I wanted to try some digital work. I already had an active verified Amazon payments account as a seller so it was a pretty easy choice to sign up on MTurk.

I signed up on August 26th and since then have done 2285 completed HITS, 2067 approved with 99.1 percent approval rate (only 1 rejection) and 217 pending HITS (mostly the Amazon video rekogs). That includes time out for Hurricane Irma and no Internet post Irma. I had a few bad experiences along the way but managed to handle it. I give credit to all the smart, funny and experienced people here who didn’t even know they were helping me. You guys are da bomb! Oh, and the sheer entertainment value of some of the threads here is a real bonus. I’m not sure yet about trying scripts mainly because I have attention span of a gnat on crack and I think it might distract me, but I did sign up for Turkopticon.

My user name is inspired by the infamous Cylon No.6 on Battlestar Galactica (I’m a huge BSG, Game of Thrones and Star Trek Next Gen fan).

Shout out to Pastor Peachy for some dynamite thread entrances, the uber smart Jerami, Sondi, kryss, Kerek, bxpretzel, aveline and too many more to remember all the names correctly. Hope to get to know you all better.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Delurking to say hello and offer my thanks to everyone here for all the great posts, tips and advice that helped me get a good beginning as a fairly new Turker. I’ve been reading here for a while and it was a great help to find answers to so many questions. I didn’t have a lot of time to sign up here until now. Turking is a new side gig for me to help supplement the sales from my Ebay store which always seem to be a little less than the previous year. I also used to be a full time third party seller on Amazon (books and other stuff) for 15+ years but I don’t have the space to store all the inventory anymore, so I wanted to try some digital work. I already had an active verified Amazon payments account as a seller so it was a pretty easy choice to sign up on MTurk.

I signed up on August 26th and since then have done 2285 completed HITS, 2067 approved with 99.1 percent approval rate (only 1 rejection) and 217 pending HITS (mostly the Amazon video rekogs). That includes time out for Hurricane Irma and no Internet post Irma. I had a few bad experiences along the way but managed to handle it. I give credit to all the smart, funny and experienced people here who didn’t even know they were helping me. You guys are da bomb! Oh, and the sheer entertainment value of some of the threads here is a real bonus. I’m not sure yet about trying scripts mainly because I have attention span of a gnat on crack and I think it might distract me, but I did sign up for Turkopticon.

My user name is inspired by the infamous Cylon No.6 on Battlestar Galactica (I’m a huge BSG, Game of Thrones and Star Trek Next Gen fan).

Shout out to Pastor Peachy for some dynamite thread entrances, the uber smart Jerami, Sondi, kryss, Kerek, bxpretzel, aveline and too many more to remember all the names correctly. Hope to get to know you all better.
You are awesome, my friend! Welcome *officially* to the board

Reactions: kryss

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score