Gratitude Towards Others

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
This is another idea I've been wanting to post for a while. Research has shown that expressing gratitude daily has profound positive effects on a person's psyche. That and it's just a nice thing to do in the meantime. This is a thread for giving thanks to either specific members of this community, the community as a whole, or anyone/anything that is happening in your life.

Here's my daily appreciation for today as an example:

I know Kadauchi @Kadauchi has impacted our turking lives quite significantly. I'm appreciative of the fact he's been open to sharing some of his tricks of the trade. It's improved my productivity immensely.

I want to thank minkyboodle @minkyboodle for being one of the leaders on spearheading the discussion on mental health. She's not afraid to share her stories and I think that is to be commended. People like her do plenty of good in the world.

I also want to give thanks to Squatty @Squatty because she's took the initiative to talk to me and we've discussed issues regarding work, and just some general advice when it comes to mTurk stuffs.

Don't be afraid to tag people. This is giving appreciation to anyone and anything.

Achilles2357

Reaction score
Good idea here. I'll express my gratitude to whomever posted the link to the requester who has the qual test for judging the stick figure actions. I think Stage something or other is in the name. I've made several bucks already on those. You've got to to 10 or so rounds and do it in Chrome but it pays $1.40 a hit. That was posted around a week or two ago. I should probably go look this up.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
This may get long.

Kerek @Kerek He helps me so much when I can't figure out what to next to make a script. He keeps me grounded when I get "out of control". He posts so many cute panda pictures. He found my awesome smiley! :squatty:

catnapped @catnapped He pushes me to do more. He is my inspiration. He teaches me and guides me. He listens to me complain. He always has a kind word when I'm feeling down.

Rerun @Rerun He makes me laugh and smile. His teasing is refreshing and nice. He gives me the courage to dance. He knows when I feel down and lifts me up.

humbleturker @humbleturker He is kind and sincere. He motivates me to work even when I don't want to. He shares with others. He is a true example of how hard work pays off.

Vanyanka @Vanyanka She was one of the first to make me feel included here. She has touched me in ways I can't explain. Her tough exterior hides a sweet soul and I'm happy to know her.

Kadauchi @Kadauchi He is the man/robot! His scripts have helped me earn so much money! He always takes the time to answer my "Dummy Question of the Week".

JenniLeigh @JenniLeigh She reminds me that I can't be a super mom all the time. Taking time for myself isn't the end of the world. She is beautiful and kind.

Pleco @Pleco He was my first forum husband. I appreciate that. Helped me feel like part of the family here. He is so cutting and sharp, but he hits the mark. He makes me laugh and his humor has taken the edge off of some tough situations.

Blue @Blue He has helped me learn AHK and scripting. He is super nice when you get to know him.

Tjololo @Tjololo He has helped answered my questions. I love his hits.

All of the mods. They work so hard for very little thanks. I appreciate them so much. They keep this forum a safe place to work and chat.

I feel like I'm forgetting a bunch of people, but I'll make a new one as I think of it :)

ElleWoods

Walking in a Turker Wonderland
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd like to show gratitude for scrmcasey @scrmcasey, jenaling @jenaling and TQueen @TQueen . I've truly enjoyed getting to know each of you through being a part of this forum. You are all wonderful women.

mrs.pynk @mrs.pynk thank you for sticking with me throughout our crazy Mturk journey together. 2 years and going strong.

humbleturker @humbleturker thank you for being so helpful when it comes to asking questions, or finding hits. You are truly selfless.

ChristopherASA @ChristopherASA thank you for all that you've done for our country, and letting me pick your brain from time to time

ctraltDel

Contributor
Reaction score
Pleco @Pleco For being an even greater friend than shitposter :eek: I appreciate your sarcasm & wit & help w/ cheering me up.

Rerun @Rerun for supporting basically everyone and being super-encouraging on the mturk thread :love:

ChristopherASA @ChristopherASA for helping me feel comfortable on the forum way back when :)

humbleturker @humbleturker for this & the mental awareness posts & the doge memes :p

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Pleco @Pleco For being an even greater friend than shitposter :eek: I appreciate your sarcasm & wit & help w/ cheering me up.

Rerun @Rerun for supporting basically everyone and being super-encouraging on the mturk thread :love:

ChristopherASA @ChristopherASA for helping me feel comfortable on the forum way back when :)

humbleturker @humbleturker for this & the mental awareness posts & the doge memes :p
Thank you for the kind words, ctraltDel @Delimon

Reactions: ctraltDel

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
This is another idea I've been wanting to post for a while. Research has shown that expressing gratitude daily has profound positive effects on a person's psyche. That and it's just a nice thing to do in the meantime. This is a thread for giving thanks to either specific members of this community, the community as a whole, or anyone/anything that is happening in your life.

I know Kadauchi @Kadauchi has impacted our turking lives quite significantly. I'm appreciative of the fact he's been open to sharing some of his tricks of the trade. It's improved my productivity immensely.

I want to thank minkyboodle @minkyboodle for being one of the leaders on spearheading the discussion on mental health. She's not afraid to share her stories and I think that is to be commended. People like her do plenty of good in the world.

I also want to give thanks to Squatty @Squatty because she's took the initiative to talk to me and we've discussed issues regarding work, and just some general advice when it comes to mTurk stuffs.

Don't be afraid to tag people. This is giving appreciation to anyone and anything.
Shawn Achor addresses this (and a LOT more) in this TED Talk. Don't know if I've posted this before, but even if I did, it's worth posting again.

... And he also has this book "The Happiness Advantage" (available at Abebooks for under $5.
https://www.amazon.com/Happiness-Ad...F8&qid=1498235280&sr=1-1&keywords=shawn+achor

minkyboodle

"And there you have it"
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
First of all, thank you so much for this thread. Research seems to be right, in the sense that I always feel happier when I remember to take the time to thank people for the joy they bring to my world. Also, thank you for mentioning me. I'm open because I know how oppressive and alienating the silence can be, and my rowdy side sees it as a middle finger to stigmas that keep people from speaking up or getting better and the people who tell us to stuff it down or "get over it", which I think is total balls. I hate to think anyone is suffering is silence or feeling unseen or unheard in this world.

Similarly, mine might be kind of long (but like honestly, no one will be surprised by that lol).. I shall spoiler things in the name of saving space.

Jaded @Jaded
humbleturker @humbleturker
Blue @Blue
ItsAmyTee @ItsAmyTee
Rerun @Rerun and TobyF @TobyF
Princess Gina Marie @Princess Gina Marie
Michele @Michele
Pleco @Pleco

I have plenty more for this thread, so please don't anyone feel left out or overlooked. In truth, I could pretty much @ the entire forum, because the love, shenanigans, and encouragement here has gotten me through some pretty dark times and I'm grateful to you all.

In the words of the great poet, Arnold Schwarzenegger: "I'll be back."

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I would like to take a moment and say THANK YOU! to all of our awesome Admins and Mods for creating one of the most friendly, helpful, and welcoming forums on the web.

aveline @aveline electrolyte @electrolyte kryss @kryss Jaded @Jaded

TQueen @TQueen TSolo315 @TSolo315 jml @jml jklmnop @jklmnop jan @jan

:hail::hail::hail:

I appreciate all of your hard work! I know that all of you care about this community and put up with a lot of shenanigans for zero pay. Without you, this forum wouldn't exist and I would have never found my MTC fam. I am so grateful to all of you!

:heart::heart::heart:

Rerun

Forum Licker
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think spoilering these saves too much space, but at least it hides the fact that you can't see I just copied and pasted the exact same thing to each person.

T. Leela @T. Leela
Squatty @Squatty
TobyF @TobyF and minkyboodle @minkyboodle
Jaded @Jaded
Pleco @Pleco
C to the J @C to the J and Princess Gina Marie @Princess Gina Marie
Peachy @PeachyRider
Vanyanka @Vanyanka
ChristopherASA @ChristopherASA
basketcasey @basketcasey
JenniLeigh @JenniLeigh
kryss @kryss
Pippa @Pippa
Liz @Liz
YAHU @YAHU
lil queen trashmouth @lil queen trashmouth
Michele @Michele
TQueen @TQueen
coffeeowl @coffeeowl
<Gucci> @<Gucci>
ItsAmyTee @ItsAmyTee
SweetiePuff @SweetiePuff
It's Gamera! @It's Gamera!
ctraltDel @Delimon

Thank you all for recognizing how great I am. :pompus:

Last edited:

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I would love to express gratitude to everyone on the forum, but since only 5 people actually get tag notifications, I will write my novel of thanks another day.

TQueen @TQueen - I remember you recognizing my first signature Scream quote and asking me about it one weekend. The amount of time you take to make each and every person you interact with feel special is something we can all hope to achieve one day.

ElleWoods @ElleWoods - You know you are awesome, but I wanted to tell you again anyway. Thank you so much for being my friend and listening to my crazy rants that I promise I try to keep to a minimum.

minkyboodle @minkyboodle - Your posts cheer me up, even on the worst of days when I just feel like lurking. The fact that you managed to mention my favorite band, Foo Fighters, AND my favorite actor, Arnold Schwarzenegger, in the same week makes me smile.

Vanyanka @Vanyanka - We bonded over our love of Buffy and trivia. You are greatly missed when you are not around by everyone. I love you.

C to the J @C to the J - I watched the forum for a couple of days before making an account. Your funny and helpful posts were one of the factors that I decided to join MTC. Thank you for your signature brand of uniqueness.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
I don't think spoilering these saves too much space, but at least it hides the fact that you can't see I just copied and pasted the exact same thing to each person.

T. Leela @T. Leela
Squatty @Squatty
TobyF @TobyF and minkyboodle @minkyboodle
Jaded @Jaded
Pleco @Pleco
C to the J @C to the J and Princess Gina Marie @Princess Gina Marie
Peachy @PeachyRider
Vanyanka @Vanyanka
ChristopherASA @ChristopherASA
basketcasey @basketcasey
JenniLeigh @JenniLeigh
kryss @kryss
Pippa @Pippa
Liz @Liz
YAHU @YAHU
lil queen trashmouth @lil queen trashmouth
Michele @Michele
TQueen @TQueen
coffeeowl @coffeeowl
<Gucci> @<Gucci>
ItsAmyTee @ItsAmyTee
SweetiePuff @SweetiePuff
It's Gamera! @It's Gamera!
ctraltDel @Delimon

Thank you all for recognizing how great I am. :pompus:
I love you Rerun. You make each day a little brighter on here and sometimes that's all a person needs. I'm grateful for that

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Today I want to thank a few more people.

Vanyanka @Vanyanka I really do think you're a sweetheart. We've talked some over DM and I know you've been going through some stuff. It's a pleasure to call you a friend and I hope to share some delicious batches with you soon. :)

T. Leela @T. Leela You're just so dang happy. :p I love that you bring such a nice energy to the forum and I think good things are in your future.

tricker @tricker I think it's great you're comfortable sharing what's been going on with you the past few weeks. Know that we're all in your corner and we wish you great happiness.

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score

I posted some stuff in the crowd pleaser thread once, hoping for something like this, because I realized just how many people I would actually like to have said nice things about, but wasn't feeling together enough to actually do something myself. So, THANKS!! This is great to see. I am going to post again soon, but my list is way too long, and i need more energy first.