Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

Forum issues/feature requests thread

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by aveline, Jan 11, 2016.

1. TobyF

TobyF
    Expand Collapse
    Dummy

• Contributor
    It can be anything you want it to be. Not just random mention thread. Whatever the community wants. That's just a blueprint. Like it really hit me getting that trophy. 80 posts and most in working thread and I don't post hits. People either hate me or have me on ignore. I legit didn't realize I posted that much.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    ducky and kryss like this.
  2. TobyF

TobyF
    Expand Collapse
    Dummy

• Contributor
    I also understand habits are hard to break. Argh. Two tabs would take some getting used to I'm sure.

kryss likes this.
  3. electrolyte

electrolyte
    Expand Collapse
    TQueen's Boss

• Administrator
    When we've talked about this before, it also came up that it would take a lot of moderation and would be difficult for us to moderate. It would take a lot of moderator time to make sure people are posting the right things in the right place and to move posts between threads if necessary. What if someone posts a HIT and someone else responds to it with some commentary that is just sort of related to the HIT? How related is related enough? What if the first sentence or paragraph is related but the second sentence or paragraph isn't related to MTurk at all? This is where it gets tough.

kryss likes this.
  4. electrolyte

electrolyte
    Expand Collapse
    TQueen's Boss

• Administrator
    Also, if I remember right, we did try an "off topic" thread at MTG at one point and no one used it since it was optional. Unless it's forced/moderated hard, I think there'd be some people who might opt into it and want to chat in another thread but others wouldn't, and the whole thing wouldn't really "work" unless everyone cooperated.

5. TobyF

TobyF
    Expand Collapse
    Dummy

• Contributor
    I did not think of that point. I apologize. I toned down my postings today and will try to keep it in moderation in the work thread.

6. Metallica

Metallica
    Expand Collapse
    I'm madly in anger with you

• Contributor
    I doubt this is something worth consideration, but it's something I think of while in a Discord room: the @everyone notification. I figured some people might miss the upcoming forum maintenance banners and a notification might help. Too far fetched?

Edit: or just for notifying people about the awards voting

Jaded likes this.
  7. Jaded

Jaded
    Expand Collapse
    *berk*

• Administrator
    That would be nifty, but it would probably have to be something only maybe mods/admins have access to because I can see that getting abused real quick like.

edit: Saying that as me, not like official answer or anything.

Metallica likes this.
  8. Metallica

Metallica
    Expand Collapse
    I'm madly in anger with you

• Contributor
    Oh yeah, I should have included that part too lol
    I think it'd be great if it was a tool admins could use. That way everyone would see forum updates posted in the hit thread without having to manually find the page, like the forum guidelines link Aveline posted a week or two ago

Jaded likes this.
  9. electrolyte

electrolyte
    Expand Collapse
    TQueen's Boss

• Administrator
    If I recall right, we do have the ability to use @everyone, but it's a toggle on/off so either everyone here has it or no one has it. I don't believe there was any way to give the ability only to mods, but I can check again later.

Jaded likes this.