Forum issues/feature requests thread

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I know that with the server issue some things were messed up so I just want to make sure this is one of the issues. The forum is not displaying correctly in Chrome, but in FF it's OK. I'm not sure if something in my settings need to be changed or if this will work itself out eventually.

In Chrome everything is wonky

FF looks just like my chrome did before server issue.

Any help is appreciated :)
Have you tried clearing your cache? You may still have some wonky files in your cache from before the server sorted itself out. If that doesn't work, then you may just need to wait a little longer for all of that stuff to sort of re-sync (I think it took a bit longer for some people last time.) If that's the case, you could use a different theme in the meantime, which shouldn't have any of those weird files stored in the cache.

Reactions: Melly

Melly

Pew Pew!
Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Have you tried clearing your cache? You may still have some wonky files in your cache from before the server sorted itself out. If that doesn't work, then you may just need to wait a little longer for all of that stuff to sort of re-sync (I think it took a bit longer for some people last time.) If that's the case, you could use a different theme in the meantime, which shouldn't have any of those weird files stored in the cache.
Thank you! I wish I would have asked sooner I just assumed everyone else was having the same issue :) Everything is beautiful again. Thanks!

Reactions: aveline

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Thank you! I wish I would have asked sooner I just assumed everyone else was having the same issue :) Everything is beautiful again. Thanks!
Oh, good! I'm glad it worked. You're welcome. :)

Tigerpants

Murderer of Threads
Contributor
Reaction score
I poked around a bit and this seemed like the best spot.

I was wondering if there would be a way to implement some sort of subscriber as needed? Or maybe sign up for email alerts, so that when it gets to the last 3 days or so of the month, people who have signed up or subscribed have sort of 'pledged' to help fund the forum if it falls short of goal.

I always try to donate if I see it's short for the month but I don't always remember, so it was just an idea. I don't know how feasible it is though.

Reactions: kryss
D

Deleted member 481

Posted this as it's own thread before seeing this thread:
I know this doesn't occur in all forums, but it would be nice if we had the ability to go back and delete our own posts. Might come in handy from time to time.

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Posted this as it's own thread before seeing this thread:
I know this doesn't occur in all forums, but it would be nice if we had the ability to go back and delete our own posts. Might come in handy from time to time.
You can edit your posts, but we don't allow users to delete posts.

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I'm getting an error trying to change my avatar.

"Opps! Something errors when try to importing a photo. Please try again later."

Uploading from my computer isn't working either.

Also, Opps... kryss @kryssyy

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I'm getting an error trying to change my avatar.

"Opps! Something errors when try to importing a photo. Please try again later."

Uploading from my computer isn't working either.

Also, Opps... kryss @kryssyy
How big is the image?

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
How big is the image?
It was biggish but I wasn't even getting the 'too big' error, it was just doing nothing.

I'll try again later and see if that will fix it.

Reactions: aveline

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
It was biggish but I wasn't even getting the 'too big' error, it was just doing nothing.

Was it a gif? I don't know why but a lot of time on gifs it just won't do anything for me, instead of giving me the size error.

Reactions: MerryLou

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score

Okay, yeah. Usually those types of errors show up in our logs, but I didn't see anything. Just let me know if it continues to do it or if it ends up working. :)

Reactions: MerryLou

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
The alerts aren't showing up in the tab icon consistently anymore. Maybe it's a Chrome update thing.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
The alerts aren't showing up in the tab icon consistently anymore. Maybe it's a Chrome update thing.
At all, or delayed? We recently changed the refresh rate on them so they're a little more delayed.

Reactions: Kerek

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
At all, for some of them.
I wonder if pushing the delay back further will help. The author of the add-on doesn't really have a fix. We pushed it back to 60 seconds, but it looks like it's getting wonky again.

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Spoiler media issue:

Seems to be in conjunction with live update. When a new post shows up, a new spoiler shows up. The fake ones disappear when you hover over them.

Last edited:

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I'm getting a similar issue to what Yatagarasu @Yatagarasu was having, but also any and all Masters HIT Spoilers generated by the script are having issues like I had posted about before.

This gif is from this morning. You can see some of the spoilers disappear as I click on them.

Kadauchi @Kadauchi

Edited to add that it seems to be a problem in conjunction with live update? because it's fine after refreshing the page.

Last edited:

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm getting a similar issue to what Yatagarasu @Yatagarasu was having, but also any and all Masters HIT Spoilers generated by the script are having issues like I had posted about before.

This gif is from this morning. You can see some of the spoilers disappear as I click on them.

Kadauchi @Kadauchi

Edited to add that it seems to be a problem in conjunction with live update? because it's fine after refreshing the page.
Thanks for the head up but I've had this fixed since the 21st.