Forum issues/feature requests thread

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
You can interact with the locked threads and I can't. But on mtg neither of us can. That might explain why you can't replicate it here.

Last edited:
Reactions: aveline and Jaded

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
You can interact with the locked threads and I can't. But on mtg neither of us can. That might explain why you can't replicate it here.
I thought so, too, but when I tried it on one of my test accounts with contributor status, I still couldn't replicate it. I do still think it's related to an account setting or something, though, since it only seems to be happening to certain people ( Jaded @Jaded mentioned it happening to her, as well.) I posted about it on their support forum, so hopefully they'll get back to me.

Reactions: Kerek

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
The [dev] issue might happen on and off the next couple days as we're working on a few things.

Reactions: Jaded

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't realize until just now, but I have the "Hide avatar" and "hide smiley" boxes checked, and neither of those things are hidden. On any device, browser, and on neither of the themes I tried. I even tried unchecking them, thinking that perhaps they worked on bizzaro logic...but that doesn't work, either.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I didn't realize until just now, but I have the "Hide avatar" and "hide smiley" boxes checked, and neither of those things are hidden. On any device, browser, and on neither of the themes I tried. I even tried unchecking them, thinking that perhaps they worked on bizzaro logic...but that doesn't work, either.
Do you have Mode Detection Mechanism set to 'All the time'?

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
Sweet glorious lack of images. thank you.

Reactions: aveline and Jaded

Tigerpants

Murderer of Threads
Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: aveline

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I've had some small issues with formatting, namely line breaks. Whenever I write out a huge post, I use two enters to make a line break and it'll look fine, but when I go to post it some or all of my line breaks are gone. namely this one

http://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/g...e-your-healthy-recipes-here.1233/#post-198087

When I go to edit it all my line breaks are preserved, and when I save it they're there, but once I refresh the page they're gone again.
Yeah, that shouldn't be happening. I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.

Edit: Should be fixed now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tigerpants

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
aveline @aveline I am still having trouble being able to post to the forums. I'm not sure what is going on or where to start. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: aveline

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
aveline @aveline I am still having trouble being able to post to the forums. I'm not sure what is going on or where to start. Thanks in advance.
Okay. It was only happening in Firefox, right? Chrome is okay?

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
No they look broken. and sometime the comment box isn't available. I even tried to get in on my iphone and it did the same thing.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
No they look broken. and sometime the comment box isn't available. I even tried to get in on my iphone and it did the same thing.
Okay, I'll see if I can figure out what might be going on.

Aydiarose

Kinkguin 0f d00m
Contributor
Reaction score
Can we please have a favorite smiley box? like a little group at the top where we can save the smileys we use the most so we don't have to hunt for them every time?

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Can we please have a favorite smiley box? like a little group at the top where we can save the smileys we use the most so we don't have to hunt for them every time?
I like that idea. I looked around a bit and couldn't find anything that would do that, though. But I'll keep an eye out. If I ever come across anything like that, I'll add it.

Reactions: Aydiarose

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
aveline @aveline

Might be related to Kad's forum tools or the exports. The quoted text disappeared after someone posted a HIT in the thread. Going to other pages in the thread and forcing a reload didn't bring the quoted text back, but closing the tab and coming back to the site did.

Edit: Maybe not. I signed on today, it was fine, then moved back a page in the thread, quoted a post, and put in an emote and an image in a response and posted it. The problem showed up after that. Again, reloading didn't help but closing the tab and opening it again fixed it immediately.

Edit: Also this happens sometimes.

Last edited:

Business Cat

Catipalist
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't find login link on mobile site? It's not in the menu and it's not on the signup page either. Using iOS/Chrome. :help:

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I can't find login link on mobile site? It's not in the menu and it's not on the signup page either. Using iOS/Chrome. :help:
Strange, I just assumed it displayed similarly on all devices. It shows up in the upper left corner for me. Some links tend to get hidden, though, unless you view the page in landscape mode. If you can't find it that way, then I suppose you could just go to (or even bookmark) http://www.mturkcrowd.com/login/