Forum Guidelines and Moderation Discussion Thread

StarfoxJ

Contributor
Reaction score
Was I being negative?
Is this not a help forum? I get your point to a degree. But some point recently. You have turned into jumping down peoples throats for stuff. Yes, people can go learn. I absolutely agree. I dont know what kind of questions people ask you privately or how much you've been bugged. But you come in the work thread. youll post all the stuff you do. then bitch at somebody cause they shared a batch or something to the effect. People look up to you. and for that you're on a bit of a throne. So positivity should come from the top all the way to the bottom.

Reactions: tempo and Peachy

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Lastly, PLEASE promote this thread much more often. I think a major reason behind all of the negative feedback on things today come from no mods or admins linking to this very often - it gives the idea that you guys simply don't care.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I'm an incredibly introverted person. Seriously, lately I can't leave the house without taking anxiety medication. I rarely have a desire to interact with others. This forum is the exception. I signed up less than a year ago after lurking for a couple days as a guest. There was fun mixed in with Hit posts. I wanted to be a part of the banter and the community here.

I can see why each and every person has their banners. They earned them. I'm a slightly insane person who actually reads nearly all of the daily thread between 7ish until 10 pm est. My opinion is that if you lock Hit Posters and Crowd Pleasers for more than a year, people may begin to be less helpful. This isn't because they don't want to help, but the appreciation and morale for doing so will drop.

Anyway, that's just my take. I really appreciate the mods being so receptive to the feedback of everyone who has posted on this thread.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
It may be callous, but who cares?

IMO there is to much giving of fish and not enough teaching how to fish. This was removing a "giving of fish".
He's not a staff member here and I think he should be free to do what he likes with the tools that he spends so much time making for us all, especially if it's something that he thinks is hurting his ability to make money. Anyone is welcome to make an alternative script if they don't like it.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Lastly, PLEASE promote this thread much more often. I think a major reason behind all of the negative feedback on things today come from no mods or admins linking to this very often - it gives the idea that you guys simply don't care.
It's always here and we (or at least I) get a notification when someone posts here. We certainly do care but can't fix things unless people comment here and let us know!

StarfoxJ

Contributor
Reaction score
He's not a staff member here and I think he should be free to do what he likes with the tools that he spends so much time making for us all, especially if it's something that he thinks is hurting his ability to make money. Anyone is welcome to make an alternative script if they don't like it.
ok. but that goes against everything you're trying to say though. Make it more positive here.

Reactions: tempo

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
You know, I could have sworn I had it in my sig, but I guess I don't. I'll add it and try to remind people more.

StarfoxJ

Contributor
Reaction score
And this is going for the clique thing people have brought up. he makes that stuff, so it's ok? I said nothing about the work he's done. he's obviously free to do what he wants with that. i'm talking about the overall demeanor .

Reactions: tempo and Peachy

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
You know, I could have sworn I had it in my sig, but I guess I don't. I'll add it and try to remind people more.
TBH, I actually looked at your sig after posting just to make sure :wink:
I didn't mean the post as you guys (girls) are doing everything all wrong, but there's quite a few people who never leave the daily HITs thread. Because of that, I think quite a few people didn't even know this thread existed until today.

Last edited:

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
ok. but that goes against everything you're trying to say though. Make it more positive here.
We can't force someone to provide tools to the community. It's up to each and every person to decide what they want to share. If he feels that something he has made is detrimental to his earnings, he's entirely within his right to remove it. That's out of our control.

StarfoxJ

Contributor
Reaction score
We can't force someone to provide tools to the community. It's up to each and every person to decide what they want to share. If he feels that something he has made is detrimental to his earnings, he's entirely within his right to remove it. That's out of our control.
thats not what im saying at all. you're missing the point. he's free to do that.

Reactions: Peachy

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Is this not a help forum? I get your point to a degree. But some point recently. You have turned into jumping down peoples throats for stuff. Yes, people can go learn. I absolutely agree. I dont know what kind of questions people ask you privately or how much you've been bugged. But you come in the work thread. youll post all the stuff you do. then bitch at somebody cause they shared a batch or something to the effect. People look up to you. and for that you're on a bit of a throne. So positivity should come from the top all the way to the bottom.
I'm not here to be all sunshine and rainbows. I prefer people to learn than to be spoonfed. I'm within my right to bitch about money leaving my hands. I get that this is a forum and people share stuff (I share too) but we aren't coworkers, we are competitors.
More positive does not mean everything has to be positive.

StarfoxJ

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not here to be all sunshine and rainbows. I prefer people to learn than to be spoonfed. I'm within my right to bitch about money leaving my hands. I get that this is a forum and people share stuff (I share too) but we aren't coworkers, we are competitors.

More positive does not mean everything has to be positive.
ok, great. I respect that. But it goes against everything they are having a discussion about. Which I brought up. They want to steer it more positive. I gave a example. Is this a community? or we all here to slit each others throats? .... not literally.

StarfoxJ

Contributor
Reaction score
They wanted an example and lead people to this thread. I gave it to em. I'm not starting an argument. Back to work.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
thats not what im saying at all. you're missing the point. he's free to do that.
No, I understand. I'm sorry, I just have a million convos going on right now, in 20 different places, so I'm a little behind. I understand what you're saying and we're doing what we can. But often all we can do is make recommendations, unless people are being excessive. It's why we have things like the ignore button.

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
ok, great. I respect that. But it goes against everything they are having a discussion about. Which I brought up. They want to steer it more positive. I gave a example. Is this a community? or we all here to slit each others throats? .... not literally.
Them wanting to steer it in a more positive direction is not going to change my approach or posting. I'm not even negative, a few just take it negatively. Think of it like a sport, lets say basketball. I'll help you with you jumpshot, but I'm not gonna Space Jam myself and give you all my talent.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Would you guys like to vote on what happens with HIT Poster?

Two win lock out or extending it to only being able to win once a year.
When you say "only being able to win once a year" is this for the whole forum or for each member?

If it's for the whole forum - I'd be for that.

Like have the voting at the end of the year.

I think it would cut down on potential spamming of hits by a member just wanting to be in the awarding process in a given month.

Now, someone could still post a ton of hits all year with the mindset of only wanting to be one of the candidates at the end of the year, but I think it would be a lot less likely than it is now. I'm just typing out loud at the moment