Education Research/ Global Education

Kessikitty

Issac the Todd
Contributor
Reaction score
So, there's been a lot of confusion surrounding these AP Exam HITs, and they're quite good money makers if you get familiar with them.
So let's get acclimated!
AP Exams, or Advanced Placement exams are tests given to high school students that allow them to get college credit. The scores are 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. 3 is considered "passing" but the acceptance of AP exams is up to individual policy of the school.
That's where these HITs come in.
The HITs want you to test those links. If those links come to a chart of Advanced Placement/AP Exam Credit, you're golden to continue. If not, you submit everything with a no on the top half.

Let's go with the "good link" scenario. Good link means you found either a chart, list, or grid that lists the type of exam and the given credit for a score on the exam.
Now, locate the exam you're looking for. If you can't find that exam, you're already done. Press no at the top, submit, and move on.
If you do find the exam name, you have more work to do. When you find the place in the chart, make sure to be familiar with how the chart reads for the school.
If there are no "minimum scores" listed in the chart, there's likely a text at the top specifying a minimum score. If you cannot find ANY score information despite finding the exam, submit "Unclear".
Otherwise, you'll see that they require either a minimum of 3, 4, or 5, usually 3 or 4 is the minimum score. Usually, they offer the same credit based on a minimum score. If the score minimum is 4, that means your 3 column is all nos. Same with minimum 5, that means 3 and 4 are "No".
Sometimes, schools award credit differently depending on the score. This is rare, but clearly listed.

If a specific course code is listed for credit, the answer for placement is "yes". If it's a general elective credit, the answer is either unclear or no, depending, and you check a box in the bottom half that says elective credit.

That's pretty much what there is to these HITs. Once you get a rhythm, you'll be doing pretty good here.
I'll give some examples in a bit, but please, hit me with specific questions on anything I glossed over too quickly or you need more explanation on.

NEETbro

Hikikomori NEET
Contributor
Reaction score
thank you my dude

rjd66

Need help,send BATCHES
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks very much

Barbwire

Averagely-known member
Contributor
Reaction score

any idea what this means? I thought it was kind of granted that its required to take an ap exam to get a score/credit?

i was kind of confused as to why it says additional exam required

Reactions: Kessikitty

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Kessikitty

Issac the Todd
Contributor
Reaction score

any idea what this means? I thought it was kind of granted that its required to take an ap exam to get a score/credit?

Well, this is asking if the school has special requirements. Some schools might say you have to have taken and received a 3 or better on Ap Physics Mechanics to get credit for having passed AP Physics C Electricity and Magnetism.
The bottom half is for special cases only, so if they just give credit normally, you don't even need those questions.

JohnX1

Reaction score
Do we need to leave a comment if it is "NO"? There seems to be contradictory instructions:

"If No, scroll down to the bottom, enter your comment and submit form."
"If NO - Go to STEP 2, SELECT NO and SUBMIT"

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
What are we doing where there's no # of credit points given/listed for scores? In other words, has the minimum requirements listed and the course equivalent but doesn't say how many credits are given?

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score

i haven't seen one yet, but i'm guessing it might be something like, the HIT is asking for Calculus AB, but the course at the university needs you toscore well in AB and BC to get that credit

Kessikitty

Issac the Todd
Contributor
Reaction score
Do we need to leave a comment if it is "NO"? There seems to be contradictory instructions:

"If No, scroll down to the bottom, enter your comment and submit form."
"If NO - Go to STEP 2, SELECT NO and SUBMIT"
Well, those are different "no's" They want comments for what you can find out about the exam credit. If your link is broken, your link is broken. There's not much to it other than no.
What are we doing where there's no # of credit points given/listed for scores? In other words, has the minimum requirements listed and the course equivalent but doesn't say how many credits are given?
Leave the credits field blank, and enter a quick comment. State that the course listed is given, but the amount of credits it's worth isn't, or something similar.

Bolbor

zug zug
Reaction score
Thanks for making the thread!

What would I put down for something like this?

Eng Language & Comp 3,4,5, 3 (hours) ENG 101
Eng Literature & Comp 3,4,5, 6 (hours) ENG 101, ENG 250

Should I just submit as the 3 and then make a note of the 6?

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
i'm leaving it blank and putting a comment saying it doesnt list how many credits

Barbwire

Averagely-known member
Contributor
Reaction score
i would just make a note of it in the feedback section and leave the actual box blank

Reactions: catnapped

Kessikitty

Issac the Todd
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for making the thread!

What would I put down for something like this?

Eng Language & Comp 3,4,5, 3 (hours) ENG 101
Eng Literature & Comp 3,4,5, 6 (hours) ENG 101, ENG 250
THose are two different exams! Which one is your HIT asking for?

Kessikitty

Issac the Todd
Contributor
Reaction score
... doh. reading comprehension not on point this morning!
It's perfectly fine! Need more coffee before you gotta college stuff.
IT helps that I used to be a peer advisor for this kinda shit.

Allizdog

Reaction score
I forgot to check yes for the 2nd box for alot of my hits(does it have the course) how fucked am i?

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score
Quick question:

For the course codes/code equivalents, are we putting the course code (such as MATH120, 130), or the Placement for score requirements? (such as 3 or more)

Kessikitty

Issac the Todd
Contributor
Reaction score
I forgot to check yes for the 2nd box for alot of my hits(does it have the course) how fucked am i?
I mean as long as you filled out the information they don't give a fuck.
But try to be careful in the future, I guess. Did that a lot my first time on these too.
Quick question:

For the course codes/code equivalents, are we putting the course code (such as MATH120, 130), or the Placement for score requirements? (such as 3 or more)
You're putting in the course code for the score of that column. So they want MATH 120, 130, not the placement score, because that's defined in the column you're in.

Reactions: LowCalCalzone