Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

Create experiment conditions

Discussion in 'Requester Support' started by Anca, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Anca

Anca
    Expand Collapse

• Requester
    Hi everyone,
    I am new to Mturk and I am researching my options for my master thesis survey.
    I am doing an experiment with 6 conditions (manipulations) and I was wondering if I will have to make 6 different HITs or have 6 assignments?
    If so, how can I make sure that I won't have the same respondents for all the conditions?
    Thank you for your help!
    Cheers,
    Anca

2. jan

jan
    Expand Collapse

someone else will post with more knowledge than I,
    but you can post six different HITS and then tell us to only take one. Then you should give out a qual (when we take one hit) that will prevent repeat workers.

Other times, people build that into a single HIT (I've seen people randomize the assignment by using the date of birth or the first letter of their first name). Tell workers to only take the HIT once and (for good measure) give out a qual to prevent repeat workers. Don't block people!! (We get a nasty email from amazon and they threaten our account

3. Anca

Anca
    Expand Collapse

• Requester
    Thanks for the answer! Do you know how to set the qual that will prevent repeat workers?

4. electrolyte

electrolyte
    Expand Collapse
    The Ghost of MTurk Past

• Administrator
    Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    jan likes this.