Controversial HITs

El Pablo

ಠ_ಠ
Contributor
Reaction score
well, I admit this is frustrating and annoying. I just started doing these and now they're "banned" from being posted. are there any other forums where they are still allowed to be posted?
simple and easy
easy test
easy service
quick test

or just allow NO TO hits on scraper and you will see them

you don't need a "work thread" to find work, use it for your GIF collection

GoldenTemple

Serial Liker
Contributor
Reaction score
simple and easy
easy test
easy service
quick test

or just allow NO TO hits on scraper and you will see them

you don't need a "work thread" to find work, use it for your GIF collection
This. If you are getting hits from this website you are doing it wrong anyways.
Grabbing from HS will always be faster than getting hits from anywhere else.

I'm mostly here for the gifs, conversation during down time and the good happy vibes that most users put out.

Reactions: electrolyte

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
This. If you are getting hits from this website you are doing it wrong anyways.
Grabbing from HS will always be faster than getting hits from anywhere else.

I'm mostly here for the gifs, conversation during down time and the good happy vibes that most users put out.
for your first couple months its not a bad idea to use the forum for hits. Its a good way to learn whats a good hit and what isn't. I don't give a hoot what people say, learning from experience sucks

well, I admit this is frustrating and annoying. I just started doing these and now they're "banned" from being posted. are there any other forums where they are still allowed to be posted?
I am sure there are other forums that will. But they won't be ethical forums which lends itself to not giving a damn about other workers but themselves. I like this forum because it helps me curb my slide into unethical stuff.

Last edited:

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
No one is going to stop you from doing the HITs. They just aren't going to be posted any more because there's legitimate reason to believe that they are being funded via theft.

Which is a crime.

No one can stop you from doing them, the forum is just distancing itself from potential illicit activity because it's the smart thing to do.

GoldenTemple

Serial Liker
Contributor
Reaction score
for your first couple months its not a bad idea to use the forum for hits. Its a good way to learn whats a good hit and what isn't. I don't give a hoot what people say, learning from experience sucks
Oh yeah, for sure. I wasnt trying to knock the site. I think this is one of the best websites around :D

I started on breligs, p9rs, then moved to r/hwtf and was content to make a measly 5 dollars a day.

Learning from experience is terrible. I would not recommend it.

Reactions: Jaded and hyway

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Also, I would just like to say something about the controversial HIT ban...

This wasn't a decision that we made lightly. We've never banned the posting of any type of HIT in the past, AFAIK. So banning these HITs sets a precedent that I don't think any of us are all that comfortable with.

We held out on these HITs for a long time, despite the daily drama that they had been causing for well over a month. Honestly, it has been a huge fucking pain at times dealing with the nonsense that they've brought with them. We held out, though, because we maintained that we're all capable of being adults about something and that there just wasn't enough evidence to warrant any action from us.

We also felt that it wasn't really our problem to deal with. It was Amazon's. But when the debate over the HITs started to get heated here, we reached out to someone at Amazon, that we had been in contact with on MTG in the past, in the hopes that they could either suggest a course of action, or at least provide some sort of official backing, but they never got back to us.

We decided to do a little investigating of our own, in the hopes of either confirming or dispelling the rumors about the nature of the accounts that were posting those HITs. What we found was very troubling. Not only did the rumors seem to be confirmed, but some of the people that we talked to even confirmed issues with credit card fraud.

Knowing what is most likely going on with those accounts, added to the way that those HITs were being celebrated here, with the constant "yay, scammies" attitude, it looked really shitty. That's not the image that we want for this forum. I think we're better than that. So yeah, after nearly a week of debate and evidence gathering, we made what was a very difficult decision for us and decided that it would probably be best if those HITs weren't posted here anymore. I'm sorry if this cuts in to anyone's income, but at least you're not one of the people that are having to deal with their banks/credit card companies about stolen info and trying to figure out just how much of their info someone else might have right now.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
I am actually really glad this happened, the less attention these hits get the less likely they will be taken away from us.
o_O
There is a Forum almost identical to this one (the original forum) that does not allow them to be posted, I am just saying if anyone is unhappy with whats happening here there is a place where you can be happy. Not being rude...just making a suggestion.

Jason2384

Pizza is the worst food on earth.
Contributor
Reaction score
In response to "er..what?"

The less attention a hit that breaks TOS gets the fewer people there will be report it, So with them not being allowed to be posted we no longer have a three hour long debate about it everyday, where more and more people get to form opinions on them and possible Report the hits. (Not saying they are not already being reported but I am sure a influx of reports could result in negative outcomes)

Now the second post, Prior to them being banned in this forum I suggested to go to the other forum that already had a ban on these hits, in case people felt uncomfortable with what was happening in this forum.

I did not think I would have had to explain those posts, but I do hope that clarified things for you.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score

The less attention a hit that breaks TOS gets the fewer people there will be report it, So with them not being allowed to be posted we no longer have a three hour long debate about it everyday, where more and more people get to form opinions on them and possible Report the hits. (Not saying they are not already being reported but I am sure a influx of reports could result in negative outcomes)

Now the second post, Prior to them being banned in this forum I suggested to go to the other forum that already had a ban on these hits, in case people felt uncomfortable with what was happening in this forum.

I did not think I would have had to explain those posts, but I do hope that clarified things for you.
Why would we want people that we agree with to go back to MTG?

Reactions: Tribune and Jaded

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
The negative outcome being... what? Amazon enforcing their own TOS and potentially stopping someone from committing large scale credit card fraud?

That's a weird negative outcome.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Just an FYI, there was a discussion that started with this comment about spamming HITs in the daily thread that wasn't necessarily related to the controversial HITs that are being discussed in this thread. That discussion has been moved to the Forum Guidelines and Moderation Discussion Thread, as I feel that that is a better place for it, and it would be easier to reference that discussion if we find ourselves having a discussion about the same topic in the future.

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
Why would we want people that we agree with to go back to MTG?
He had made that post prior to us banning them. But seriously...

You can bet that Amazon has that shit on watch, no need for anyone to report anything -- Amazon is probably the one who ends up paying for those HITs. The accounts get banned daily. Whether they are posted here or not makes zero difference.

Honestly, seeing someone cheer for those committing credit card fraud is rather disheartening.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score

The second post (which was on the first page of this thread) basically told me to gtfo if I didn't like it. That seemed at odds with your later remark that you were glad they weren't going to be allowed to be posted here anymore. Thanks for the clarification, I guess.

Reactions: Jaded and aveline

jan

Reaction score
I want to add - and this is coming from me as a MOD and me as me.

PLEASE DO NOT SPEAK IN CODE about these HITS on the main thread. My job is to pitch in and help the board. Sometimes, I have a lot of free time to peruse the board carefully, post gif's, ect. Other times, I'm in a crunch for money and have to really grind away so that our lives can continue to function.

It's nothing but annoying to have to intervene on an issue that is very clear. I have the same (and, at the moment, more) pressures than everyone else here. This issue has been decided. If you have more information that you want to share or just want to discuss it, come here. Trying to get around the mods/admins - it's just not necessary. You're making unnecessary work.
Okay?

Billdar

...Narp?
Reaction score
Are the simple and easy, quick test, easy test, etc. hits the same as these from hitmeup? The tasks are very similar, or at least the ad websites you are supposed to visit are.

Title: QA Website 2 | PANDA
Requester: HITmeUp [A7HD6V6SG376] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 3.44 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.47 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.91 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.75 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 74
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: looking up Information on a web site to ensure that pages are resolving properly.
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 936
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: Location is US, HIT Limit has not been granted

Reactions: Jaded and kryss

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Are the simple and easy, quick test, easy test, etc. hits the same as these from hitmeup? The tasks are very similar, or at least the ad websites you are supposed to visit are.

Title: QA Website 2 | PANDA
Requester: HITmeUp [A7HD6V6SG376] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 3.44 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.47 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.91 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.75 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 74
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: looking up Information on a web site to ensure that pages are resolving properly.
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 936
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: Location is US, HIT Limit has not been granted
No, this is a legitimate requester.

Reactions: Jaded and Billdar

Torqz

Reaction score
Been out for a few days, are these even posting anymore?