App testing on emulators

rescue341

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is more of a question about microworkers as thats the site ive been useing but i think i can apply to MTURK to.

I mostly do microjobs involving the app "testing" where you download the app and click ads.My eyes arent the best and im waiting to get glasses through a program at my college so its hard for me to see my old iPhone i dug out of the drawer for micro workers. I found a program call IPadian that emulates a iphone on your pc and has a $10 paid version with full access to the app store. Can this be used instead of the actual iphone? at least temporary till i get my glasses. In my mind these guys are getting money from the ads so as long as on there end it shows im clicking the ads and downloading the apps they should be happy. does useing a emulator make a difference?

Thanks for the input i just wanted some feed back before i spent any money and tried it

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
does useing a emulator make a difference?
It might. I'd recommend talking to the requester before proceeding. Our stance on this has always been to follow the requester's instructions in the HIT. If they say to use an iPhone, use an iPhone unless they specifically say that emulators are also acceptable.