Advice on Receipts

Kimberly

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm a newbie, and have only been working MTurk a few days. Day one, I did really well, I thought, bringing in a whole $3.60 for an hour's work on comparing sentences. Today I decided to try my hand at receipts and it didn't go quite as well as I expected.

So here's the thing. Copying info from receipts looks pretty easy, and it was, up until I get to the point where I need to enter coupons. Most of the UPC codes are pretty long, but when I get to coupons and need to enter them, they are only about 4 numbers long. The system won't accept them, and I can't seem to find detailed instructions on how to enter them, so my total is all messed up and I feel like my HIT is going to get rejected.

My second issue is with UK receipts and the British pound sign. I had some coupons for "dog treats 2for2L" where L equals the British pound sign, but I can't seem to type it in the space (I think it is alt + l, but at this point I'm not sure). I figure that I need to type the item exactly as I see it on the receipt, but I can't since the pound sign isn't working for me.

Also, when selecting coupon from the drop down menu, do you have to use the - symbol on the price, or does it automatically assume that the price is supposed to be deducted from the total?

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Kimberly

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
you can google the pound symbol and copy/paste it

can't help with the rest, as transcription is usually super underpaid.

Kimberly

Reaction score
Thanks, Eri! I hadn't thought about that. I'll try it and see how it works. I do realize the receipt thing isn't worth much, but I was trying to do batch work to bring up my numbers.

Reactions: jan

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
yeah, don't work for shit pay. (i'll assume your NA)?

it isn't worth it.

numbers that aren't insulting slave labor do exist, so you just need to be around when they show up.

Reactions: <Gucci>