10/04 - Wake Me After Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
It's effectively RNG, I got Masters before 10k hits done, but I know folks with 200k+ done that still do not have it. It's one of the most random, asinine, bullshit systems I have ever come across. It's EA games levels of dumb.

I can trace my masters back to 1 amazon inc requester hit...all my other hits before then were horse cock flagging (product rnr) and that marketing seo stuff everyone and their mom had a script for.
We're always so quick to think of stats because we, as workers, make such a big deal out of them, that I think it's easy for us to just think it's random when we can't find a correlation. I've always suspected that it's not totally random, that there's just more to it than what we think. I think it's entirely possible that the things we choose to work on and even demographics can play just as much of a role in how masters is assigned to us as approved/rejected percentages. Maybe it was all of those horse cocks you flagged that got you masters. UnspunReality @UnspunReality got masters and Product RnR was like the only thing he used to work on back then.

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
We're always so quick to think of stats because we, as workers, make such a big deal out of them, that I think it's easy for us to just think it's random when we can't find a correlation. I've always suspected that it's not totally random, that there's just more to it than what we think. I think it's entirely possible that the things we choose to work on and even demographics can play just as much of a role in how masters is assigned to us as approved/rejected percentages. Maybe it was all of those horse cocks you flagged that got you masters. UnspunReality @UnspunReality got masters and Product RnR was like the only thing he used to work on back then.
Now That I have Masters after 9 years on Turk I truly believe it is due to my display of accuracy across many types of different tasks and I was finally recognized as Elite.

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
But jokes aside it really did look like a joke prior to them stopping the M giving and since it returned it does have a feel to it of being more of a system they are using rather than the Amazon Monkey and the Dartboard of the past.

Reactions: aveline and <Gucci>
D

Deleted member 481

Thinking about doing an adsforce on each monitor, but I'm worried that I would lose the qual. Not sure if that's allowed.

Reactions: <Gucci>

StarfoxJ

Contributor
Reaction score
But jokes aside it really did look like a joke prior to them stopping the M giving and since it returned it does have a feel to it of being more of a system they are using rather than the Amazon Monkey and the Dartboard of the past.
if you wanna use me as an example. besides 5's, Ive barely worked on any batches. I have no masters. something must trigger. But i'm trying to branch out, cause now I hate surveys.

Reactions: <Gucci> and SAJ

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Like pots:weed:?
I know I are.
Or wishes?
Or... parents over the shoulder?
Thanks! I did see those ones and thought, "Ewww, NO!". Glad that I was reading them right I suppose. :)
I only ever got 3 rejections from them. I was going to suggest them. I'm glad you stopped me. :D I never took one screenshot and they reversed them. I remember getting an email from them stating that all of their rejections were done by algorithm and, when contested, they always side with the worker over the algorithm.:shrug:

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
On multiple occasions I've seen multiple people within the same household get it at the same time. I feel like that's a hell of a coincidence. I feel like people that live together are more likely to share demographics and work on the same HITs, but that doesn't mean that their stats are necessarily the same, so it just makes me wonder.

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
if you wanna use me as an example. besides 5's, Ive barely worked on any batches. I have no masters. something must trigger. But i'm trying to branch out, cause now I hate surveys.
Yeah I don't understand them and probably never will, from '08 to '16 I worked everything. The one thing I did different in '17 prior to getting M in May or w/e it was is I started doing Amazon hits. I never touched their stuff before this year.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
On multiple occasions I've seen multiple people within the same household get it at the same time. I feel like that's a hell of a coincidence. I feel like people that live together are more likely to share demographics and work on the same HITs, but that doesn't mean that their stats are necessarily the same, so it just makes me wonder.
I sometimes wonder how accurate it would be to use a kvm and 2 pc's to double your income. Obviously this would violate TOS because you would need separate accounts. It wouldn't work a LOT. But, it would work on some those Amazon batches that are the same HITs for everyone, all in the same order. That could explain the coincidence. If they only used it for HITs like that, they would have the same stats, if the only stats that are checked was data pertaining to Amazon HITs. Then on his non batch time, said user alternates between the accounts at, basically random times. That would bring enough variance to make them seem wildly different when all HITs are taken into account.:(

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I sometimes wonder how accurate it would be to use a kvm and 2 pc's to double your income. Obviously this would violate TOS because you would need separate accounts. It wouldn't work a LOT. But, it would work on some those Amazon batches that are the same HITs for everyone, all in the same order. That could explain the coincidence. If they only used it for HITs like that, they would have the same stats, if the only stats that are checked was data pertaining to Amazon HITs. Then on his non batch time, said user alternates between the accounts at, basically random times. That would bring enough variance to make them seem wildly different when all HITs are taken into account.:(
Yeah, but I'm not talking about people violating TOS and using multiple accounts. Krikket @Krikket, for example, both her and her husband got masters on the same day. They both only had like around 5k-6k approved at the time too, I believe. I know they were often working on the same things, though. And I've seen this happen a couple times, so I've just always been curious.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, but I'm not talking about people violating TOS and using multiple accounts. Krikket @Krikket, for example, both her and her husband got masters on the same day. They both only had like around 5k-6k approved at the time too, I believe. I know they were often working on the same things, though. And I've seen this happen a couple times, so I've just always been curious.
Oh. I see. I thought it was just somebody random.:)

Reactions: <Gucci> and aveline
Status
Not open for further replies.