04/11 - It's Tuesday or Something

Status
Not open for further replies.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Ok, so Penserra shows its true colors...

Some of the people I talked to were even the owners...

Here is the reply about the rejects...

It cost us one dollar to check because all we are doing is finding out whether they called or not. If you really did the work then let's have a discussion about the person called--because that person doesn't exist (which is the only reason why we reject) at that store according to our check but if you think we are wrong we will call again with you on a conference line and bring up the same name you furnished and we will pay you triple if we are wrong and we will reverse the reject. Want to take us up on the offer?
If not then we know what happened. Thousands of people game the system. If you're not one of them then we are happy to make it up the way stated, if you are one who games it then do what you will but our next step will be to not just reject you but also ban you from being able to participate in our 100's of HITS and that reflects far worse on you then a rejection.
Kind regards,
George
I still don't understand what the problem is though? If you made the call, spoke to the owner and the owner will verify that via a conference call ... why aren't you accepting Penserra's offer to earn triple ($45)? I would be ALL over that!
I know I'm an hour late to the party and I hate to bring up a sore subject, but if you don't have the number you called, or the person you talked to (a screenshot?) who's to say the requester won't call a different number or company where your person really doesn't exist, just to laugh and save their money and then block you? I hate to assume the worst in people, but I think I'd just take my rejects and not do any more of their work. The person at the company could have used a pseudonym, and not informed their coworkers of the call. Could partially explain their willingness to devulge the information.

Anyway, sorry this happened to you and good luck whatever happens :hug:

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I know I'm an hour late to the party and I hate to bring up a sore subject, but if you don't have the number you called, or the person you talked to (a screenshot?) who's to say the requester won't call a different number or company where your person really doesn't exist, just to laugh and save their money and then block you? I hate to assume the worst in people, but I think I'd just take my rejects and not do any more of their work. The person at the company could have used a pseudonym, and not informed their coworkers of the call. Could partially explain their willingness to devulge the information.

Anyway, sorry this happened to you and good luck whatever happens :hug:
Def lots of angles to consider :)

Reactions: DareAngel3

lobo925

CEO of Pizza
Contributor
Reaction score
Would you rather be covered in Peanut Butter for a week, OR be covered in Jelly for a week?

edit: asking for a friend

Cmoney

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Describe a tweet's attitude toward U.S. presidential candidates | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Mehrnoosh [A2WS4L9S0NCAEB] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.43] [Fast: 4.75] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 7] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: Carefully read through each tweet and decide the author's attitude toward each mentioned presidential candidate.
Time: 10 minutes
HITs Available: 2500
Reward: $0.02
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 92; Location is US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.6

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Ah, come on. You know I'm just messing with you. You know everyone here today was all, "Where's Pleco @Pleco? Anyone seen Pleco @Pleco? Pleco @Pleco, where are you?"

The forum even shut down without you here. You're that important. Don't skip out for multiple days again!
Sorry about that, my house is a mess and it has pools of water everywhere. So I've been...................reflecting on a lot of things.

Reactions: ZileWrath and Rerun

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Sorry about that, my house is a mess and it has pools of water everywhere. So I've been...................reflecting on a lot of things.
We tried to burn the forum down today, but it's still here...

D

Deleted member 481

nvm, found the answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

KellieS23

Anyone else feel like a Rainbow?
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: 3 minute research survey for $0.30 | PANDA
Requester: The Wharton School [ABIUW8FBC3EE7] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.04 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.89 Generosity
★★★★ 4.65 Fairness
★★★★ 4.59 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 390 | TOS Flags: 2
Submit a new TO review
Description: Answer survey questions related to a hypothetical job interview. Expected time: 3 minutes.
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100;Interview survey has not been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 97;Location is US
90 seconds to 2 mins (one writing question)

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Stop peeing everywhere

Reactions: Yungskell

KellieS23

Anyone else feel like a Rainbow?
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm laughing at the requester name like an immature kid :ROFL:
Title: Transcribe a short video (3:30min)(English) | PANDA
Requester: Wang Xiao dong [A34GB1AMW51TFE] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 1.78] [Fair: 2.86] [Comm: 2.00] [Fast: 2.14]
Description:
Transcribe a short video
Time: 3 hours
HITs Available: 10
Reward: $1.10
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;

Status
Not open for further replies.